Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3057311 times)

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)
« Reply #5880 on: March 13, 2024, 09:01:11 PM »

Only problem it'll cause is that you won't be made aware IG of new updates for those mods, really. You can play without problem at all.
The "bug" if you can call it that is the URL doesn't redirect correctly, so the checker can't do its job in those cases. The URL problem comes from the mod author's side though, not Nex.

So tldr: won't brick your save, won't ctd. It's just telling you it doesn't know if there are new updates for those mods.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 09:05:30 PM by A_Random_Dude »

ThatsMyFootThanks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: March 13, 2024, 10:20:57 PM »

Only problem it'll cause is that you won't be made aware IG of new updates for those mods, really. You can play without problem at all.
The "bug" if you can call it that is the URL doesn't redirect correctly, so the checker can't do its job in those cases. The URL problem comes from the mod author's side though, not Nex.

So tldr: won't brick your save, won't ctd. It's just telling you it doesn't know if there are new updates for those mods.

Ooh so it's just a case of playing normally and keeping an eye to update them whenever there are new updates? Got it, thanks!

Axetongler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: March 14, 2024, 02:14:54 AM »

Is there any possibility that the sat bombing fleets get a bounty from defending factions?
So I could play as a sort of "good bounty hunter" or something like that.

Matheld

• Lieutenant
  • Warm to the Touch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: March 14, 2024, 09:09:46 AM »

You know I wish there was a more concerted effort you could take to help de-civilised populations out and about the sector. I like the little random ones that turns the planet into a full on independent colony. It makes me go back to planets again and again to check in on them.

Wish I could do more of that.

DarkAxon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: March 14, 2024, 12:28:59 PM »

Right now it seems Legacy invasion mode isnt working, its correctly enabled but it uses the standard invasion mode regardless of what i do.

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: March 14, 2024, 01:13:57 PM »

There seems to be a bug where if you tell an operative to travel whilst they are traveling, other operatives can't travel as can be seen in the image. After the other operative arrives at their first location, this one can now travel.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: March 14, 2024, 04:14:24 PM »

Quick question: if you have Nexerelin set so that no one colonizes until you start your faction what, if anything, happens when selling survey data?  I assume that colonization still won't happen until you start, but will it happen any faster for NPC factions once it does if you've sold a bunch of survey data during the colonization pause?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5887 on: March 14, 2024, 06:08:19 PM »

Is there any way to adjust colony sizes in nex's random sector mode? It keeps generating oodles of giant size 7 colonies everywhere which is at cross-purposes with my current intentions.
It's hardcoded, sorry!
Almost every faction in random sector will get a size 7 as its homeworld, and then market sizes are distributed by cycling through fixed arrays of numbers (there's one each for planets, moons and stations, with the planets array containing a 7).

Is there any possibility that the sat bombing fleets get a bounty from defending factions?
So I could play as a sort of "good bounty hunter" or something like that.
Hmm, maybe someday!

Right now it seems Legacy invasion mode isnt working, its correctly enabled but it uses the standard invasion mode regardless of what i do.
Worked for me in a quick test just now. If you're using LunaLib, the ingame settings UI overrides the settings file (only using it for the default values), so check if it's set there as well. If you are using the Luna UI, don't forget to save the mod options after changing them.

There seems to be a bug where if you tell an operative to travel whilst they are traveling, other operatives can't travel as can be seen in the image. After the other operative arrives at their first location, this one can now travel.
Thought I fixed this bug a couple of versions back and it does seem to work in my 0.11.1b+ dev. Are you on latest?

Quick question: if you have Nexerelin set so that no one colonizes until you start your faction what, if anything, happens when selling survey data?  I assume that colonization still won't happen until you start, but will it happen any faster for NPC factions once it does if you've sold a bunch of survey data during the colonization pause?
It'll work exactly that way, yep.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: March 14, 2024, 07:20:42 PM »

It'll work exactly that way, yep.

Will it just reduce the time until the first colony expedition or will it persist in reducing time for multiple expeditions if I sell a lot of survey data during the pause?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5889 on: March 15, 2024, 02:03:24 AM »

Just the first expedition; the time to next expedition is reset afterwards.

xenapan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: March 15, 2024, 10:46:50 AM »

For the disable invasions until player founds a colony setting.. can you please make it not count outposts as a colony? I like outposts for exploring but I tend to avoid making one much longer now because of the colony crisis system + invasions.
I know its probably a pretty big change but between the crisis + starting up invasions it kinda defeats the purpose of outposts ?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 10:48:39 AM by xenapan »

majk

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: March 15, 2024, 11:22:35 AM »

This is a lovely mod i can't imagine playing without, but there is one thing that needs a change: Invasions.
Not the strength, but other factions should be limited by the cost of invasions.

I did rough calculation of how much it costs and being at war with Hegemony, luddic church and Persean League. They are sending so many fleets after my colonies, it would take over 3x total market value to fund that war for 1 month and it was going on for about 5 by now(they attack, sue for peace and attack anyway).

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: March 15, 2024, 11:47:07 AM »

Just the first expedition; the time to next expedition is reset afterwards.

Thanks for the info!

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: March 15, 2024, 10:21:05 PM »

Is there a technical reason why we can't disable factions from mods when playing with the vanilla non-random core sector? In my case, I'd like to have UAF without the faction (like I was playing with random sector).

On a related note, (and I realize this may have been asked somewhere in this almost 400 page thread) how does random sector affect the new .97 questlines? I'm wondering about the crisis quests in particular (I usually skip academy quest so I'm not too bothered by that)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5894 on: March 16, 2024, 01:22:46 AM »

For the disable invasions until player founds a colony setting.. can you please make it not count outposts as a colony? I like outposts for exploring but I tend to avoid making one much longer now because of the colony crisis system + invasions.
I know its probably a pretty big change but between the crisis + starting up invasions it kinda defeats the purpose of outposts ?
Huh, can the crises actually affect your outposts even if they do trigger? As for invasions I've got code here that straight up says "don't target hidden markets", which outposts are.

This is a lovely mod i can't imagine playing without, but there is one thing that needs a change: Invasions.
Not the strength, but other factions should be limited by the cost of invasions.

I did rough calculation of how much it costs and being at war with Hegemony, luddic church and Persean League. They are sending so many fleets after my colonies, it would take over 3x total market value to fund that war for 1 month and it was going on for about 5 by now(they attack, sue for peace and attack anyway).
Well the game (with/without Nex) doesn't use credits for NPC factions and it'd take a pretty big redesign to start doing so. Though invasions are nevertheless limited by invasion points (generated based on faction commodity availability), which you can track in the diplomacy profile or strategy AI intel items.

Is there a technical reason why we can't disable factions from mods when playing with the vanilla non-random core sector? In my case, I'd like to have UAF without the faction (like I was playing with random sector).

On a related note, (and I realize this may have been asked somewhere in this almost 400 page thread) how does random sector affect the new .97 questlines? I'm wondering about the crisis quests in particular (I usually skip academy quest so I'm not too bothered by that)
In non-random sector system spawning is handled by the faction mods' own code, so relies on them to add a switch on their end.

Colony crises that rely on named planets won't work in random sector. IIRC this is the League, Church and maybe Diktat ones; the TT one may also have a (hopefully not fatal) error if you bribe the Tactistar mercs.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 399