Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3055475 times)

ArbuzBudesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Nexerelin v0.11.1 "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-01-13)
« Reply #5805 on: February 09, 2024, 03:21:07 AM »

Hmm. It turns out that IXBG (intentionally or otherwise) spawns their regular non-random star system even in random sector, which puts them ahead of Hegemony (389 vs. 271 points/day in my minimally modded game with default generation settings) even at start.
Although I can't say from here how they got from there to 1,608 points/day (approximately enough to invade a 'standard' planet every 20 days), what kind of systems did they take?

Honestly when I looked at the numbers, my first thought was to check the IXBG faction config for the invasionPointMult value, but they don't have one. Could add one yourself (look at Nex's templars.json for a copypastable example) if you want to slow them down that way. Or use console setrelations to give them more enemies and fewer friends.
IXBG i think took 2 systems with 5planets\stations and was working on 3rd one so they were pr big by the time of the screenshot.

IXBG already had no friends and fighting everyone same time. I might have to not include them in my future runs.

Makes me curious though, if i exclude them from random gen Nex still spawns their non-random system. But would they participate in invasions and other AI aspects as normal, since they weren't marked as faction to be spawned.

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a+] Nexerelin v0.11.1 "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-01-13)
« Reply #5806 on: February 09, 2024, 06:08:08 AM »

I fail to see how the new Crisis system encroaches in any way on Nexerelin. The crisises are just limited scripted events. Nexerelin is still required to create a living world, is still required to have factions actually act dynamically and not be stupid static entities. I wouldn't even touch Starsector anymore without the replayability and emergent gameplay born from it and its many features. If anything, the framework for crisises can only bolster it through whatever can be cooked using it.

True, but I was never really looking for a 4x experience in Starsector, just enough 'life' to respond to my colonies and such. Plus Nex really didn't mesh well with the story itself, given that everyone is talking about the *possibility* of war and how dangerous it could be...while factions are actively sat-bombarding each other.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: February 09, 2024, 07:00:38 AM »

Plus Nex really didn't mesh well with the story itself, given that everyone is talking about the *possibility* of war and how dangerous it could be...while factions are actively sat-bombarding each other.

I haven't seen vanilla factions in Nex sat-bombing each other much in years, although you can disable that in settings. You can also adjust how common major wars/invasions are, so that they remain an exceptional thing, which is what I do. Much of what makes Nex great to me is how much can be customized.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: February 09, 2024, 09:23:46 AM »

i've two questions:

is there a way for the only raid type allowed to be satbomb? i've invasions disabled but lots of the attacks are raids as opposed to satbomb only.

recently i've seen a option to make a settlement on planets. is this a nex feature? if so what does it do? if not anyone know what mod (if any) its from?

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: February 09, 2024, 09:30:52 AM »

recently i've seen a option to make a settlement on planets. is this a nex feature? if so what does it do? if not anyone know what mod (if any) its from?

From Random Assortment of Things

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: February 09, 2024, 09:33:29 AM »

thanks!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)
« Reply #5811 on: February 10, 2024, 06:54:26 PM »

Minor official update for Starsector 0.97 compatibility (basically the same as 0.11.1a2 plus some bugfixes). I plan to do some front-end and back-end revisions to Nex systems based on stuff like the new Colony Threats, but that will have to wait till I've actually experienced them.

Nexerelin v0.11.1b
Download

Changelog
* Compatibility with Starsector 0.97
* Fix some logic in faction respawn
    * Previously eliminated non-playable factions will no longer be marked as 'alive' if they get a market again
    * Factions that shouldn't have strategic AI will no longer get one when respawning
    * Avoid potential cases of double counting respawn attempts
* Vengeance fleets no longer spawn from hidden markets
* Fix NPC heavy units in ground battles not having their fleet set
* Log an error and continue instead of CTD if ground battle tries to load a plugin that doesn't exist
* Diplomacy events should no longer happen in new game time pass

is there a way for the only raid type allowed to be satbomb? i've invasions disabled but lots of the attacks are raids as opposed to satbomb only.
The chance for a raid to become a sat bomb is currently hardcoded at 40% (assuming relationship and other checks have been passed). I could make it configurable but lazy atm.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 12:42:07 AM by Histidine »

LordKhorne

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: February 11, 2024, 12:09:19 AM »

if I create a building that generates marines will that add to a planet's defence when it gets attacked?

cake

• Ensign
  • I'm so tired
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Nexerelin v0.11.1 "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-01-13)
« Reply #5813 on: February 11, 2024, 01:43:57 AM »

Was doing a heavy modded run on nex random core sector and this time one of dominating factions were 9th battlegroup. This on its own isnt a problem but they seemed to be invading awfully frequently compared to other factions and quickly started snowballing that there could be 1-2 invations queued up simulatenously and in 30 days break having more them coming leaving me choice of staying on permanent "core defense duty" or letting them gobble up more systems.

Initially i was playing without strat AI, but then i turned it on and im not sure numbers supposed to be this far apart

this is iron shell invasion points vs 9th

At this point they have 3 full systems conquered, but greater hegemony alliance isn't 8x smaller to be this behind. Or im missing some mechanic and everything functions as intended?
if you ask me, it's because 9th is quite frankly, hilariously powerful, both economically and tactically- they have some hugely powerful ships, and massive econ, they start with a pristine forge and a cryothermic engine, and several large colonies.
having outright invaded the persian league and the IX's systems, the IX actually makes fleets as fast as you can kill them as far as I can tell(or just has that many assets), as opposed to the persian league which runs out of fleets somewhere around the 12th, and the IX's fleets are significantly more threatening. it's a similar thing to what happens with the legio, but to a greater degree, since in general starsector's autoresolve seems to be quite effective(I'd assume that's what nex uses for faction combat when the player isn't around)

[email protected]

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: February 11, 2024, 08:02:30 AM »

sign up and log in just to say thanks for the mod lads, love what u all doing and cheers for all you have done !!

Sloan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: February 11, 2024, 10:45:04 AM »

been refreshing the page everyday for the last two weeks because its nexerellin or nothing boys thanks a lot for everything  ;D ;D

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5816 on: February 12, 2024, 05:15:44 AM »

You're welcome folks, glad you're enjoying it!

if I create a building that generates marines will that add to a planet's defence when it gets attacked?
Marine commodity production (e.g. something like IndEvo's Variable Assembler with a marine VPC) won't do anything directly for Nex ground battles. Defenses will only come from specific industries (mainly Ground Defenses/Heavy Batteries, with the military base series and Lion's Guard HQ or mod faction equivalents also having a small contribution) and colony size and stability.

Makes me curious though, if i exclude them from random gen Nex still spawns their non-random system. But would they participate in invasions and other AI aspects as normal, since they weren't marked as faction to be spawned.
If they possess any (invadable, non-hidden) markets they'll be marked as 'alive' under Nex rules, even if random sector gen didn't add markets for them.

RoboticManiac

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: February 14, 2024, 04:53:38 AM »

Does starfarer mode increase the severity/number of fleets that occur with colony crises?

IntoCombat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: February 14, 2024, 02:01:31 PM »

Hi, can there be an option to toggle which Nexelerin intel menu items are automatically marked as important when starting a new game?
I find ship insurance to be useless, and I don't consider the background intel item important (and I think everyone will agree that they don't need to be reminded that they picked the default background every time they check the important intel tab), and I'd like to be able to set certain intel items to be marked as important, like personal info and milestones.

Matheld

• Lieutenant
  • Warm to the Touch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: February 14, 2024, 06:02:32 PM »

Hi, can there be an option to toggle which Nexelerin intel menu items are automatically marked as important when starting a new game?
I find ship insurance to be useless, and I don't consider the background intel item important (and I think everyone will agree that they don't need to be reminded that they picked the default background every time they check the important intel tab), and I'd like to be able to set certain intel items to be marked as important, like personal info and milestones.

You can just click the little yellow exclamation mark to remove/add intel from the important tab.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 399