Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3057359 times)

Kadatherion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Nexerelin v0.11.0b "Dark Tower" (fixes 2023-06-17)
« Reply #5610 on: September 24, 2023, 11:56:52 PM »

Question for anyone who might have already messed with it: is there any way to increase the range of some Nex settings in Magiclib, or is it compiled in the java/inaccessible on our end?

There are some values I'd like to edit more than what Magiclib lets me (as an example, the frequency of diplomatic events: with many modded factions in the game even one every 60 days - the highest the panel lets me set - is a bit too much for me and I'd like to set it at 90 or even 120), but can't find where I could do it. And, as far as I understand, editing the config file itself like in the past would be moot now, as Magiclib takes priority.

FluxEnthusiast

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: September 25, 2023, 11:43:47 PM »

Pheremony has a territorial defense force that provides +3 stability if the colony is a democracy. How do I set that?

mudskipper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: September 26, 2023, 02:15:51 PM »

An embassy with Spindle's ambassador gives me -1 at the end of the month for the 10th time in a row. Is it bugged or am I just this lucky?
Can you make so operative's actions are marked with the same noticeable sound as player's colony invasions\raids? I constantly underutilize him because I forget he exists. Same goes for factions leaving aliances.   

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: September 26, 2023, 05:51:58 PM »

An embassy with Spindle's ambassador gives me -1 at the end of the month for the 10th time in a row. Is it bugged or am I just this lucky?
Can you make so operative's actions are marked with the same noticeable sound as player's colony invasions\raids? I constantly underutilize him because I forget he exists. Same goes for factions leaving aliances.
The embassy structure is from industrial evolution mod. The embassy can't increase your rep past 35 and it increases negative rep changes by 50%. This negative rep increase is totaled in with the positive increase report at the end of the month which can result in a negative rep net result. Read the faqs at the industrial evolution mod's thread.

vicegrip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: September 27, 2023, 12:38:42 AM »

Is there a way to turn off exerelinMiningFleet from spawning or alter the composition of such fleets for a faction?

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: September 27, 2023, 06:54:26 AM »

currently i'm doing a run with only satbomb enabled. how do i increase the size of these fleets? in the lunalib config menu i can only find the invasion size multiplier. does it also affect satbomb fleets? do i need to edit a value in the exerelin_config?

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: September 27, 2023, 08:50:29 AM »

Embassies are Ind.Evo content, not Nexerelin.

TheSAguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: September 28, 2023, 08:46:10 AM »

Does selling surveyed data to a faction have any effect?

It would be cool if it did, say increase the chances of expanding to suitable locations.
Possible have the value of a planets survey data decrease to a faction that already received that info from the other explorers out there.

DawnOfWolfy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: September 29, 2023, 05:01:41 AM »

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this, but apparently, setting factionruler to true in the exerelin config will straight up delete the leader of the faction you're commissioned to. This makes it pretty much impossible to do quests in certain mods because the NPC DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE. It took me a long time to figure out why I couldn't find certain NPCs in quests was due to this. (For example, the Queen in UAF and Kim Quy in Iron Shell will magically disappear if you're commissioned to their faction and this setting is enabled, forcing a restart if you want to do the storyline).

fuuuuuuuuuuu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: September 29, 2023, 11:17:38 AM »

where is the turorial?

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: September 29, 2023, 11:23:40 AM »

where is the turorial?

There's a ground battle tutorial that eventually shows up on IIm, but other features don't have one.
As for the vanilla tutorial that's a game start option

fuuuuuuuuuuu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: September 29, 2023, 12:52:15 PM »

Either the starting options don't work or i am doing something wrong. The only way i got out of that option hell is to chose independent start (hard) start with one single mini ship. I should not have mod conflicts, this is the only major mod i have enabled. I guess the startup is not brainrot friendly..

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5622 on: September 29, 2023, 10:20:36 PM »

Got some downtime, so: answers!

Question for anyone who might have already messed with it: is there any way to increase the range of some Nex settings in Magiclib, or is it compiled in the java/inaccessible on our end?

There are some values I'd like to edit more than what Magiclib lets me (as an example, the frequency of diplomatic events: with many modded factions in the game even one every 60 days - the highest the panel lets me set - is a bit too much for me and I'd like to set it at 90 or even 120), but can't find where I could do it. And, as far as I understand, editing the config file itself like in the past would be moot now, as Magiclib takes priority.
Ingame settings are in LunaLib not MagicLib. You can turn that mod off completely if you don't mind losing its functions (assuming no-one is using it as a dependency), but the min/max values are in Java, yeah. :(
(Hmm, maybe I can make it so that if the config file's value is lower than the code's min or higher than the max, it becomes the new min/max)

Pheremony has a territorial defense force that provides +3 stability if the colony is a democracy. How do I set that?
Government types sound like Ind.Evo, although I haven't tried the recent versions and can't say if that's what's happening here. Alternatively, it's a specific feature of the mod that adds the planet (did you mean Peremohy from DME?)

currently i'm doing a run with only satbomb enabled. how do i increase the size of these fleets? in the lunalib config menu i can only find the invasion size multiplier. does it also affect satbomb fleets? do i need to edit a value in the exerelin_config?
Can't check the code easily right now, but I think invasion size mult also affects raids and sat bombs.

Does selling surveyed data to a faction have any effect?

It would be cool if it did, say increase the chances of expanding to suitable locations.
Possible have the value of a planets survey data decrease to a faction that already received that info from the other explorers out there.
Currently selling survey data will reduce the time till the next colony expedition (but the expedition can be from a faction other than the one you sold it to). Next version, the specific buyer may also get a higher chance of being chosen to send an expedition.

Either the starting options don't work or i am doing something wrong. The only way i got out of that option hell is to chose independent start (hard) start with one single mini ship. I should not have mod conflicts, this is the only major mod i have enabled. I guess the startup is not brainrot friendly..
Sounds like something's going real wrong. Can you post screenshots (e.g. of trying and failing to pick a different start), and the starsector.log file if there are any errors?

Kadatherion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: September 30, 2023, 05:58:56 AM »

Ingame settings are in LunaLib not MagicLib. You can turn that mod off completely if you don't mind losing its functions (assuming no-one is using it as a dependency), but the min/max values are in Java, yeah. :(
(Hmm, maybe I can make it so that if the config file's value is lower than the code's min or higher than the max, it becomes the new min/max)

Yeah, sorry, too many libs, I'm getting senile and I mixed up the names :P

Unfortunately I can't disable Lunalib, it's required by/useful for like a dozen other mods I'm using and generally it's just a very handy tool. Nex is the only case where I feel the need to go over the max range of some values though, so yeah, if you could find a solution such as what you mentioned with a manual config file edit influencing the ingame min/max limits that'd be cool (that would also confine the change to people really prepared to mess with it and aware of the implications, preventing more casual players to set some unintended values and then come here giving confusing feedback).

That's as long as it's not going to be too much of an headache to implement, of course: I'm sure most people are fine with the default ranges.

MnHebi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: September 30, 2023, 06:15:12 AM »

So, I keep having this problem in my games where I'm commissioned with someone. I form my faction, and some other alliance than my commissioner's alliance allies with me, and it is approved without any dialog popping up. After that I'm locked into that alliance no matter what since I cannot access the diplomacy tools to change my allegiance.

This results in some very odd diplomacy, where the alliance I am part of can declare war on my commissioner's alliance, and since all my votes default to Yes it just goes through every time.
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 399