Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3056512 times)

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Nexerelin v0.11.0b "Dark Tower" (fixes 2023-06-17)
« Reply #5520 on: August 04, 2023, 07:26:41 AM »

EDIT: Secondary question: is there a way to keep the Sindrian Diktat, specifically, from colonizing? All the other factions would have reasons to leave their planet but the Diktat by lore is confined to their single system due to inefficient policy and infighting.

Yeah, i think you can just set "colonyExpeditionChance" to zero in sindrian_diktat.json

It lies in Starsector\mods\Nexerelin\data\config\exerelinFactionConfig

Wait, there's faction config for this? Heck, I'm gonna have *fun* with this one.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5521 on: August 04, 2023, 07:32:40 PM »

Is there a list somewhere of vanilla core planets that have changed ownership aside from the transient Military intel tab? I assume there must be, because I see the little disclaimer on individual planets to whom the original planet belonged.

I'm trying to keep track of them, but the war references disappear from my intel tabs before I'm able to follow-up (invade, raise reps, give back)
There isn't a single centralized list; might add one at some point. But each faction will list the markets (vanilla, modded, and newly founded colonies) it has claims on in its diplomacy profile (under "Dipl. profiles" tab in intel).

Just a hot take but NPC sat bombing should NOT be enabled by default. I ended up restarting entirely because for some reason all my settings reset without me noticing, and one of the planets a mod of mine requires to function got sat bombed. In fact two space stations, which cannot be recolonized without other mods, got sat bombed. When I noticed it happen, my options were to lose a large amount of playtime and repeat everything, use the console mod to kill the fleets, or accept messed up game. I didn't even realize it was bricking one of my mods until later when I went to go do content from it and discovered the station was just gone.
Hmm, I'll consider it!
(Although if the planets and stations involved are that important the modder should mark them as story-important, or at least make them large enough to not die to a single sat bomb...)

johnaaron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: August 05, 2023, 10:00:39 AM »

EDIT: False alarm! To avoid this bug, save and pause immediately after `reloadnexconfig`. Restart the application and it should be fine. I don't know if this will work if an invasion/sat bombs/etc. are already in your mission log

I think I found a bug. I used `reloadnexconfig` to turn off Starfarer mode and now factions are invading core planets (I have it turned off in the Lunalib config)

I saved right after and now I'm not sure how to get Nex to turn core invasions back off
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 10:10:12 AM by johnaaron »

LordKhorne

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: August 07, 2023, 08:24:11 AM »

hello Mr Histine, im adding nexerlin support to my mod and I've hit a problem. I want my faction to be weak but not imponent on the attack to what should I set invasionStrengthBonusAttack to?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5524 on: August 08, 2023, 12:30:06 AM »

hello Mr Histine, im adding nexerlin support to my mod and I've hit a problem. I want my faction to be weak but not imponent on the attack to what should I set invasionStrengthBonusAttack to?
0.9 or something should be fine
But that setting only applies to ground combat strength with the legacy invasion settings. Consider using the following settings as well (examples are in the Templars faction config):
- groundBattleSettings table (for ground combat with new invasion system)
- invasionFleetSizeMod (modifier to invasion fleet sizes in space)
- invasionPointMult (affects how often the faction can launch invasion events)

Out of curiosity, does the 'if invaded by other faction, description changes' feature work for pirate bases, and for all planets? I would have assumed it'd stopped working, since for some reason Asher still thinks it's Hegemony-run after a Persean League takeover and none of the pirate bases/planets have changed descriptions, but Chalcedon still swapped out when I conquered it and then gave it to the Luddic Church.

[late reply since I forgot this post was only half-answered :-X]

The description changing only applies specific planets/stations that have descs written for them, which is only a few star systems so far.
(If you want to take a look, the file Nexerelin/data/config/exerelin/captured_planet_descs.csv sets which custom descriptions should be used for which factions+entities)

perenoel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: August 08, 2023, 01:52:37 PM »

Having a lot of fun so far with your mod. I love that every faction can invade, raid, but also expands. That gives a lot of dynamic and story to it, plus alliances, etc... Great job at implementing diplomacy and spies.

BeltfedVendetta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: August 11, 2023, 04:11:34 PM »

I am having a lot of CTDs when voting on ceasefire agreements for some reason. Here's the latest from starsector.log:

2946234 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ai.ExecutiveAIModule  - Adding action Diplomacy - Ceasefire
2946235 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain  - Checking peace for faction Keruvim Shipyards: weariness 46833.402
2946235 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain  -    player weariness: 359427.12/5000.0
2946235 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain  -    Weariness sum: 406260.53
2946235 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain  -    Events modifier: 0.0
2946235 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.diplomacy.DiplomacyBrain  -    Negotiating treaty
2946235 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ai.ExecutiveAIModule  - Adding action makePeace
2946932 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.RetaliationConcernV2  - Selected raid record: Raid: Adramelech Fortress, 7.1226597
2953062 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - == Vote for peace with keruvim ==
2953062 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - Diable Avionics votes: NO
2953062 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  -    Total points: -27.13663
2953062 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  -    Base points: 75.0
2953062 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  -    Friend disposition: 15.864027
2953062 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  -    Other disposition: -27.906155
2953062 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  -    Other alliance disposition: -15.203077
2953062 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  -    Strength points: -5.909091
2953062 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  -    Hawk/dove points: -75.0
2953062 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  -    War weariness points: 0.0
2953062 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  -    Random points: 6.017664
2953062 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - Final vote: true (2 to 1)
2953063 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - == Vote for peace with unsc ==
2953063 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.alliances.AllianceVoter  - Final vote: true (3 to 0)
2953324 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Creating either diplomacy event for factions Keruvim Shipyards, Davidian United
2953324 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Trying event: Ceasefire
2953518 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.diplomacy.CeasefirePromptIntel.accept(CeasefirePromptIntel.java:165)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.diplomacy.CeasefirePromptIntel.advanceImpl(CeasefirePromptIntel.java:210)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseIntelPlugin.advance(BaseIntelPlugin.java:78)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It always happens after voting. It doesn't matter how I vote, it still CTDs. Sometimes I can vote without a CTD, but more often than not it's a CTD event.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5527 on: August 11, 2023, 06:58:07 PM »

Yeah the ceasefire intel currently breaks if relations can't actually go higher. Here's an interim fix (place in Nexerelin/jars).

TalRaziid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: August 13, 2023, 01:30:16 PM »

Is the Derelict Empire mode working now? It's been a little bit since I played and I recall it being non-functional at the time

dro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: August 14, 2023, 09:50:32 AM »

Hey mate, huge fan of your mod. Gives me Mount And Blade vibes.  Really like it.

I have an improvement idea though. I realized, you can kill whatever many enemies as you want, they just don't stop at all. Today I had following on my tail:
- Hegemony AI inspection in Fikenhild, 3 big fleets
- Hegemony Raid on Tyle Star System on me, 3 big fleets
- Hegemony Invasion on Olinadu on me, 3 big fleets
- 3 different Hegemony Kill Groups on my tail
- And I also killed a special task group on my way from one fire to another. It was like ~20 Onslaughts with lots of S Mods (some XIV) and god knows how many Legions, Eagels and Dominators, some of them being XIV in all of these fleets dead in a couple of ingame days. Who the hell can produce so many fleets. And according to lore, shouldn't there be a limited number of XIV Ships? In my gameplay, Hegemony surely use XIV as cannon fodder for me.

I think, there should be some limiter for how many fleets enemies can spawn, for example depending on Industry output or so. Again, example from Mount and Blade, how many "Fleets" an enemy faction can have is depending directly on their amount of vassals / lords. You can impisonate enemy vassals and the less vassals enemy faction have, the less agression they can show to you.

We even have a prisoner mechanic in the mod. Maybe would make sense to implement it. At the end of the day, player has the limit of industry slots for their faction fleet numbers. I wouldn't mind, if the fleet numbers of the AI factions is limited to number of commanders or industry production limit or so.

Thank you

« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 10:52:04 AM by dro »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5530 on: August 14, 2023, 06:35:02 PM »

Yeah, the number of fleets a faction can throw out gets rather excessive at times. :(

That said, a few points I'll note in this specific case:

• In general it kind of was just bad luck that all these fleets showed up in a short period of time
  • XIV ships being renewable in gameplay is just how Starsector fleet spawning works right now; I can't readily change that and I'm not sure what a desirable change would look like (do XIV ships just stop being accessible if you kill enough of them?)
  • An M&B lord capture mechanic as limiting factor wouldn't really make sense here, since military leaders are drawn from the general population rather than a specific landholding aristocracy. Also the 'proper' M&B implementation would really require NPC officers to be persistent characters.
  • Part of the reason NPC fleets are so bloated is so they can compete with the OP player (however, just constantly larger fleets is a pretty bad way to do it and I'd like to use other methods more... maybe I'll make a Suggestions thread on this later)

Some Nex-specific fleet events (invasions, raids, and sat bombs) are already limited by the faction's industrial production, although in the case of the Hegemony this is going to be a lot anyway. I've got plans for a more generalized system that would be used by more fleet types (special task groups and vengeance fleets come to mind); think I'll find the time to do some work on that.

Is the Derelict Empire mode working now? It's been a little bit since I played and I recall it being non-functional at the time
It should be working perfectly fine these days.

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: August 14, 2023, 07:43:41 PM »

Hey mate, huge fan of your mod. Gives me Mount And Blade vibes.  Really like it.

I have an improvement idea though. I realized, you can kill whatever many enemies as you want, they just don't stop at all. Today I had following on my tail:
- Hegemony AI inspection in Fikenhild, 3 big fleets
- Hegemony Raid on Tyle Star System on me, 3 big fleets
- Hegemony Invasion on Olinadu on me, 3 big fleets
- 3 different Hegemony Kill Groups on my tail
- And I also killed a special task group on my way from one fire to another. It was like ~20 Onslaughts with lots of S Mods (some XIV) and god knows how many Legions, Eagels and Dominators, some of them being XIV in all of these fleets dead in a couple of ingame days. Who the hell can produce so many fleets. And according to lore, shouldn't there be a limited number of XIV Ships? In my gameplay, Hegemony surely use XIV as cannon fodder for me.

I think, there should be some limiter for how many fleets enemies can spawn, for example depending on Industry output or so. Again, example from Mount and Blade, how many "Fleets" an enemy faction can have is depending directly on their amount of vassals / lords. You can impisonate enemy vassals and the less vassals enemy faction have, the less agression they can show to you.

We even have a prisoner mechanic in the mod. Maybe would make sense to implement it. At the end of the day, player has the limit of industry slots for their faction fleet numbers. I wouldn't mind, if the fleet numbers of the AI factions is limited to number of commanders or industry production limit or so.

Thank you

For realism purposes I recommend going to the settings file (Or use Lunalib) to adjust the nexerelin fleet size settings to the following:

invasionFleetSizeMult: 1 to 0.3
vengeanceFleetSizeMult: 0.8 to 0.5
specialForcesSizeMult: 1 to 0.3

This reduces the size of fleets to that of a small task force, so it makes sense for factions to pull together multiple to throw at you.

As for the XIV ships, there's a quote from the Starsector subreddit I recall that explains the situation:

"None of the XIV ships in-game (beyond the Legion and other random ones you personally salvage in uninhabited space) are actually survivors of the original fleet.
The Hegemony just builds new ships with the Chicomoztoc Pristine Nanoforge up to the original XIV Battlegroup's specifications. Since none of the ships have any design differences beyond stats, Hegemony engineers could essentially up-tune modern low-spec productions to replicate the originals' performances. They don't actually have the original ships' blueprints.
The ''XIV blueprints'' you can raid from Hegemony would refer to these up-tuned reproductions, and if you want to interpret gameplay mechanics as lore, would confirm the theory that the Hegemony is manufacturing these ships.
These original-spec ships are then painted like the originals and paraded around as propaganda pieces, or sold to allies and mercenaries (i.e. suckers, i.e. you the player) at a huge premium. This also explains the Legion's conspicuous absence, because the low-spec Legion has hardpoint differences and they can't pass a high-performing one as an original."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 07:51:36 PM by Lycaon »

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: August 15, 2023, 12:02:58 AM »

Last time I tried it in 0.95 and 0.95.1 it seemed to work.  :o

E:
Yeah, the number of fleets a faction can throw out gets rather excessive at times. :(

• Part of the reason NPC fleets are so bloated is so they can compete with the OP player (however, just constantly larger fleets is a pretty bad way to do it and I'd like to use other methods more... maybe I'll make a Suggestions thread on this later)

Some Nex-specific fleet events (invasions, raids, and sat bombs) are already limited by the faction's industrial production, although in the case of the Hegemony this is going to be a lot anyway. I've got plans for a more generalized system that would be used by more fleet types (special task groups and vengeance fleets come to mind); think I'll find the time to do some work on that.

I am pretty sure I've seen 7 fleets up from then single planet (size6 or 7, probably HQ+Orbital Works?) factions in [email protected] (not like I remember my settings), but I don't have a problem with that since the player should be able to handle it. Far from it, I am fine with almost everything that makes my enemies stronger, but yes, ultra big fleet sizes and multiple fleets at once can sometimes be somewhat annoying.

Obviously not good against the player fleet but how about something which softens up the players planets?: "Accidents" on the highest HQ of the target faction/player in the system and some other "accidents" on the target planet before the enemy fleets arrive? Maybe crucial shortages suddenly happen for reasons, who knows?

Anti player fleets with S mods (potentially loooots of S-mods, disregarding the limited amount of S-Mods) without junk ships, better yet with good ships, with lots of officers, fleet wide player skills and maybe with the ability to spawn flanking frigates from the left and right sides of the map  (that one could have the fleets contain additional frigates). Well, some other mods/bounties already do this in parts I guess, also your vengeance fleets.
#DestroyPlayersOnTheField

E2: What if fleet info on some sneaky fleets reveals only some ships and the rest if the actual fight suddenly happens? Mmmm. Best would be a god like tactical and ship AI and lots of well setup'd ships and a big brain campain layer AI and...

E3: I am going OT again I guess... #DestroyThePlayer(fleet)
What if there was a more precise way to track the power level of the player fleet? Maybe enemy fleets could "drag their own relays" into battle (lore wise they'd have stocked some kind of Domain relays and the player doesn't have that) to make the fights a bit harder...

E4: Back to Invasions: Wait, we can see the estimated fleet strength of the system, mmmm. I don't know, I like it when huge fleets are sent to crush me or to conquer my stuff, but it's such a waste if fleets get sent to one of my entrenched systems. Scaling everything down would give the player a better opportunity to fight invasions personally since the relative sizes would change, but ehh.

>maybe I'll make a Suggestions thread on this later
Could you please link it here if you do? Maaan, I actually think the large fleets are somewhat fine and I cannot think of anything but 1d3, 1d5 trigger sabotage on invasion which is kindaaaa meh. (You could do a strawpoll or Discord voting I guess? Does the forum have a vote function?)

Fleets a la mercs (also Indies, pirates etc.) could spawn to bind some fleets without actually fighting (pseudo fighting by locking the fleets without causalities on both sides), would potentially allow to lower the invasion fleet size, maybe defense rating adjustments (for the player only?). The def rating players can reach is absurd.

E55: Fleets being less bunched up and spawning a dedicated bombardment fleet which is crucial to soften up the defenses, if that one is taken out, the invasion will have a tough time, now with reduced amounts of fleets and without them being all on top of each other, if the bombardment fleet goes "missing"... Mmmm.

Invasion fleets could spawn in 3 phases: Space domination fleet, bombarding fleet with escort/s, landing/drop ship fleet with escort/s... Mmm. Meh. Maybe all fleet sizes have to be adjusted, but I like my over the top stuff.

What if an invasion generates 3 invasion msges (against the player/player alliance) but 2 are false, just bait? Could force the player to spread resources and lower the invasion fleet size overall. Invasion fleet size could also be "false".

E66: (Outmatched) fleets could instead blockade the system while outside in hyperspace, most outside goods go "missing", a second fleet after x months reliefs the fleet and actually invades, could work with much lower amounts of fleets/fleet size I think?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 01:23:50 AM by Dadada »

dro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: August 15, 2023, 01:38:48 AM »

XIV is okay as it is imo. Since one can find Blueprints for XIV, I think it is totally fine. Also, I am not annoyed. It is something totally different:

My Problem is basically: There is currently no proper way to stop / soften up enemy aggression. You can total anhilate enemy fleets, make a space holocaust with tens of thousands of crew death, megatons of material destroyed but enemy being like: lol as if I care. Unlimited resources babyyy.

In M&B if you win against a vassal, he is out of the game for a while. He is either imprisoned or he escaped. In further case, he has to lick his wounds and is disabled to be a useful part of his kingdom for several months, because he has to raise his army first.

I understand the technical limitations we have here though, why a solution like in M&B is not possible.

Maybe a dynamic fleet size, when you destroyed a lot of enemy ships, the fleet size temporarily declines. If you want to produce a ship hull which has more value than your total production value, than you have to wait another month as well?

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: August 15, 2023, 01:46:54 AM »

>XIV is okay as it is imo. Since one can find Blueprints for XIV, I think it is totally fine.
I agree.

Maybe a dynamic fleet size, when you destroyed a lot of enemy ships, the fleet size temporarily declines. If you want to produce a ship hull which has more value than your total production value, than you have to wait another month as well?
We have war weariness, could be combined with an attrition mechanic which multiplies (0.1x to 0.99x ?) faction fleet size, a huge invasion fleet (especially if it was bonked) lowers the fleet size/increases attrition.

E2: attrition could have different multipliers for "naturally" spawning fleets and invasion fleets. Larger factions have huuuge manpower reserves but it could take a while to retrain officers and pilots... Thresholds? Interaction with war weariness?

E3: Also: If Hegies and pirates are vengeful, the spawned, specific invasion/raid etc. fleets against me could have a chance to spawn non hostile to each other and the attack could happen around the same time and not just randomly (or pirates first to soften me up or vice versa). -> both fleets could be smaller and the effect could be larger. Combined with "random" explosions of my military bases in the system... #coordination

E4: I kinda like the idea of temporary alliances to bonk major pests like the player. :D
Maybe an overarching CAI to torture the player. #KillThePlayer  8)
Also: Fleet point generation multipliers vs fleet size.
Also also: Possible effects on the ships, not just fleet size and and fleet point generation. Suddenly the player faction fleets are all rust buckets again. :D
Wheee, Dmods and ventures. :D

E5: On a more serious note, me being captain Obvious: The AI factions will almost always be outmatched by the player, I'd like for some levers to bring pain upon the player, I am more than fine with huge invasion fleets coming for the player but fighting them personally isn't the most fun.
Player brain vs ship, commander and CAI
Quality and quantity of the player and the players faction fleet/s.

Maybe fleet points per building and generation should be halved for the player.

E6: Maybe invasions (medium sized invasions and up) could be led by a faction defined custom ("command") fleet to make the fights more interesting. Well, we have the task groups...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 03:35:38 AM by Dadada »
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 399