Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3055036 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.6d "Lords of War" (fixes 2023-02-12)
« Reply #5235 on: April 28, 2023, 07:10:49 PM »

Hello,

i found an exploit / loophole with lower tariffs.

buying enough stock on a planet/station will instantly create a shortage, which in return lets you sell it back with profit, then you can buy it again to normal prices, and repeat this as often as you want, without even having to close the trade window.
lower tariffs make sense, but maybe there should be something to prevent an exploit like this.
TBH I'm considering this a vanilla bug (specifically goods should not be priced such that this is possible) that would require more work than I want to do in order to investigate and fix modside (and it might not even be possible without ugly hax). Ah well.

Been wondering for a while about Saturation bombardments. The player gets a hit for it but does the AI,  is it possible for this to be a thing? Has it been suggested and I missed. Also loving this mod btw. :D
There's no reputation loss for AI factions' sat bombing at present. Changing this is on the todo list, but probably not in the near future.

See this post for more details, including a settings option to turn off most NPC sat bombing.

Hi
I just updated the mod to the newest version for my game and it seems I can't select one of my starting fleet option (with some mod ships) after I copied the ship ids from my older version's player.json file the the new one.

After some testing it seems the ships that was affected are either hided in codex or restricted or some other way(unobtainable by normal means, I think)

Is there some changes to the mod so that I needed to edit the other mod's files in order to use those ships or are there settings that I can disable so that I can use them again?

example ship I used for testing : titanX from interstellar imperium/Virtous from Diable Avionics
Starting fleet options as in one of the lists added to the startShipsSolo etc. tables, right? The only thing that should exclude such a list is if one or more of the variants inside doesn't exist in the game. Check the IDs, check if Diable/II are actually running, try spawning the variant ingame with console and see if it works.

(As for the custom start fleet option, that automatically excludes all ships with the restricted tag or that don't have a role specified in default_ship_roles.json, this behavior is hardcoded)

LatvianFryingChicken

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: April 29, 2023, 01:49:21 PM »

Could there be added an option to allow the player to veto faction peace? If you need a big invasion the faction has a decent chance to peace out before it gets off the ground and that gets really annoying really quickly

Afterschool

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: April 30, 2023, 01:45:55 PM »

Starting fleet options as in one of the lists added to the startShipsSolo etc. tables, right? The only thing that should exclude such a list is if one or more of the variants inside doesn't exist in the game. Check the IDs, check if Diable/II are actually running, try spawning the variant ingame with console and see if it works.

(As for the custom start fleet option, that automatically excludes all ships with the restricted tag or that don't have a role specified in default_ship_roles.json, this behavior is hardcoded)
[/quote]
Thanks, it seems I might have modded some other files that I didn't realize before updating

Tho speaking of which, is it possible for you make a feature of vassal a faction (yours/other faction's) in the some future update?

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: May 01, 2023, 10:18:09 AM »

"Tho speaking of which, is it possible for you make a feature of vassal a faction (yours/other faction's) in the some future update?"

@Histidine

I would like to second this. Maybe as part of the diplomatic expansion?

This is just one man's opinion, but it would be nice to implement some kind of war score system. The Sector has a lot more static history compared to the sudden and sweeping changes frequently observed during Nexerelin playthroughs.

In real life, most of the time, the border changes are rarely the same as the frontlines at the end of the war. There is often a peace negotiation, where the territories changing hands are usually determined by the "staying power" of the warring sides at that point of the conflict.

So my suggestion is -and I know it is a lot of work- that if one side reaches exhaustion or for some other reason wants to sign a peace deal, AND the other side is exhausted enough to be willing to negotiate, then the status of the occupied markets should be decided based on the current negotiating position of the two parties.

For example, if the aggressor took a lot of planets but is exhausted and wants to negotiate, then the markets staying under his control should be quite low.

Additionally, if a power is more interested in projecting influence than outright conquest (Tri-Tachion for eg) it could aim for making the other side a vassal or force some kind of unequal relationship (maybe with different levels of dependence, based on the power relation?). Also, vassals should naturally strive to become independent over time, especially if the overlord weakens.

It would also give a nice option to the player to create one or more vassal states instead of the "autonomous colonies". Right now they feel like individual city-states and in my opinion, organizing them into one or more vassals would make a lot more sense (the idea being that they would be strong enough to better defend themselves, but not strong enough to challenge the player - hence the possibility to create more of them: divide and conquer).

Complementing this, markets conquered before a peace settlement should have a very strong "occupied-rebellion ongoing" trait, which shouldn't go away until peace settlement, because of the obvious guerilla activities coordinated by the original owner, and as a result, these planets should not contribute to the occupier's stats in any positive way until a peace deal. After the peace deal, regular unrest should continue, but it wouldn't be a controlled one by the original owner (maybe an option for clandestine support?) and should decline over time.

Anyway, just a bunch of ideas for a more realistic political system and a more realistic model for power dynamics. I know it's very hard to implement, but hey, you never know :)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5239 on: May 04, 2023, 05:45:29 PM »

(Belated short reply)
Thanks for the ideas! Vassalage mechanics with existing factions are a medium-to-long-term goal once I figure out how I want them to work.

Paradox-style mechanics for war and territorial changes will probably take much longer than that, if ever. At minimum I'll want to do the planned new diplomacy system, for NPC factions to be able to bargain with each other or the player and put a value on what they're giving/receiving.

Could there be added an option to allow the player to veto faction peace? If you need a big invasion the faction has a decent chance to peace out before it gets off the ground and that gets really annoying really quickly
For allies, if the alliance only has two members the player can always block a peace vote by voting no; larger alliances can cause problems but there are/will be mechanics to prevent factions from making peace while an invasion is en route. (If they end up not working, let me know!) For commissioning factions making peace, well that's just how it works for now.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5240 on: May 05, 2023, 06:25:49 PM »

For anyone wondering: No 0.96 update for Nex until I can verify that it doesn't immediately explode ingame, which I may not attempt right away.

Guardsmen83

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: May 05, 2023, 11:14:35 PM »

Take your time I dought faction  packs will update anytime soon

brizz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: May 06, 2023, 06:38:07 PM »

Hello,

i found an exploit / loophole with lower tariffs.

buying enough stock on a planet/station will instantly create a shortage, which in return lets you sell it back with profit, then you can buy it again to normal prices, and repeat this as often as you want, without even having to close the trade window.
lower tariffs make sense, but maybe there should be something to prevent an exploit like this.
TBH I'm considering this a vanilla bug (specifically goods should not be priced such that this is possible) that would require more work than I want to do in order to investigate and fix modside (and it might not even be possible without ugly hax). Ah well.

ah i see. well i solved it by ramping up both tarrif multiplicators to 1.2, but thanks for the consideration :)
nex is an absolutly must have mod for my runs, thank you for this great mod !

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.6d (unofficial 0.96 update available)
« Reply #5243 on: May 06, 2023, 07:51:30 PM »

Great!

Anyway user Dal has made an unofficial third-party update for Nex:
Download

(no first-party support provided ofc)

EDIT: If anyone gets a crash when it tries to generate a Remnant raid, open Nexerelin/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/remnant.json and set raidsFromBases to false.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 08:04:06 AM by Histidine »

Superharem

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: May 07, 2023, 05:45:17 AM »

I'll gladly take this  :D . I just can't play SS without Nex.

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: May 07, 2023, 04:37:57 PM »

(Belated short reply)
Thanks for the ideas! Vassalage mechanics with existing factions are a medium-to-long-term goal once I figure out how I want them to work.

Paradox-style mechanics for war and territorial changes will probably take much longer than that, if ever. At minimum I'll want to do the planned new diplomacy system, for NPC factions to be able to bargain with each other or the player and put a value on what they're giving/receiving.

For allies, if the alliance only has two members the player can always block a peace vote by voting no; larger alliances can cause problems but there are/will be mechanics to prevent factions from making peace while an invasion is en route. (If they end up not working, let me know!) For commissioning factions making peace, well that's just how it works for now.

No worries. We will wait patiently :)

memeextremist

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: May 07, 2023, 06:09:02 PM »

EDIT: If anyone gets a crash when it tries to generate a Remnant raid, open Nexerelin/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/remnant.json and set raidsFromBases to false.
DUDE thank you! I just had this problem, and you saved me like six hours of a save o7

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: May 08, 2023, 01:23:08 PM »

@Histidine

This is just my opinion, but the best measure of a believable 4x experience, based on the canon history of the Sector is if you can not become the strongest power in less than ~20 years.

What gameplay mechanics are employed for achieving this is somewhat secondary imo.
Actually, the reworked invasion and rebellion system is a big step in the right direction. Now I can't take over the Hegemony in one big blitzkrieg as before. And this is good. I remember, a few years ago it was possible to conquer it in a cycle. That was way too unrealistic.

So I would like to reiterate, that the direction is very very good, at least in my opinion. Whether the mod will end up having a realistic treaty system for trading territories and forcing unequal relations is just the icing on the cake. You are absolutely correct, a diplomacy AI is the absolute priority.

TLDR: Still the best mod, and it becomes a more and more realistic great power contest simulator with every update.

Thecrippler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: May 08, 2023, 02:17:56 PM »

@Histidine

This is just my opinion, but the best measure of a believable 4x experience, based on the canon history of the Sector is if you can not become the strongest power in less than ~20 years.

What gameplay mechanics are employed for achieving this is somewhat secondary imo.
Actually, the reworked invasion and rebellion system is a big step in the right direction. Now I can't take over the Hegemony in one big blitzkrieg as before. And this is good. I remember, a few years ago it was possible to conquer it in a cycle. That was way too unrealistic.

So I would like to reiterate, that the direction is very very good, at least in my opinion. Whether the mod will end up having a realistic treaty system for trading territories and forcing unequal relations is just the icing on the cake. You are absolutely correct, a diplomacy AI is the absolute priority.

TLDR: Still the best mod, and it becomes a more and more realistic great power contest simulator with every update.
i agree to everything you sad this MOD is getting better and better + the rest of the mods out ther am at 300 Cycle atm i am struggling to conquer the galaxy hell those two Legio and Ninth battlegroup are duking the core world like crazy in my game and I enjoy it  8)

Djin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: May 09, 2023, 02:50:43 AM »

NULL Error:
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.3D000(Unknown Source)

The characters vary in actual value.

Only when using the "enable random core worlds" toggle in new game creation. This is sad as I like the optional Remnant scenario that requires this to be toggled on.

~24 mods enabled including the libs. All updated for 0.96
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 399