Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3054170 times)

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.6d "Lords of War" (fixes 2023-02-12)
« Reply #5160 on: March 10, 2023, 08:28:34 AM »

200% profit margin (so 3 times as much colony income as profit). Currently there's no cap in the code, so you can't change it.

For now, the best user-side fix is to change nex_xpPerProfitMargin in Nex's data/config/settings.json. Or give highly profitable colonies to an admin or AI core.
Thanks a lot for all the patience. I swapped the "nex_xpPerProfitMargin":4000 to "nex_xpPerProfitMargin":1 and will see what this will do.
to be done some day... XD

Zergslayer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: March 10, 2023, 05:29:16 PM »

can you change  how the rebelions work?

what happened:
 when hedgemony took over the last tri tach colony, and tri tach then started its rebellion, i supplied alot of troops and heavy armor to help the rebellion...  later the persean league (in alliance with tritach and friendly to me) invaded the now hedge colony.  i then leave the rebellion alone, 2 years later when rebellion finally dies out (and after working hard to save it from -27 stability :p) i loose 30 rep with persean league for helping that rebellion when it was under hedge control. i dont think thats fair.....

any way to detect faction control changes mid rebellion and make it so if control changes, the assistance provided to the rebellion doesnt go away, but the player wont be held liable for pre faction change stuff at the end of the rebellion since it wasnt durring current faction control? while at the same time would still earn the rep change to the faction that instigated it, since they still recieved help from me, and they were still the rebels after the control change.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 07:16:31 PM by Zergslayer »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5162 on: March 11, 2023, 10:23:00 PM »

I'm on Starsector 0.95.1a, running on Arch Linux. I did use JRE8 from discord, but a swap back to JRE7 still ended up the same. Also I've confirmed talking to the AIM Representative causes the problem, I'm guessing that triggers it to generate the data.

I started a new save with only Nexerelin and its dependencies, loading this file causes the bug. Save file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1faAC11SOyweXp-SJi_ERERbyBeu_KGSk/view?usp=sharing
Okay, turns out some code I was using had a Windows vs. Linux incompatibility (due to them having differing names for obfuscated methods in the game code). For now, I don't have a fix .jar handy so you'll just have to avoid the AIM representatives, but the problem will go away next version. Thanks for the report!

can you change  how the rebelions work?

what happened:
 when hedgemony took over the last tri tach colony, and tri tach then started its rebellion, i supplied alot of troops and heavy armor to help the rebellion...  later the persean league (in alliance with tritach and friendly to me) invaded the now hedge colony.  i then leave the rebellion alone, 2 years later when rebellion finally dies out (and after working hard to save it from -27 stability :p) i loose 30 rep with persean league for helping that rebellion when it was under hedge control. i dont think thats fair.....

any way to detect faction control changes mid rebellion and make it so if control changes, the assistance provided to the rebellion doesnt go away, but the player wont be held liable for pre faction change stuff at the end of the rebellion since it wasnt durring current faction control? while at the same time would still earn the rep change to the faction that instigated it, since they still recieved help from me, and they were still the rebels after the control change.
Makes sense, it probably won't be right away but I'll see about implementing something like this :)

hidefreek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: March 12, 2023, 07:40:20 AM »

in  Showdown mission.
I follow the Hegemony fleet toward jumpoint.
and Hegemony fleet disapear.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.6 "Lords of War" (update 2022-12-17)
« Reply #5164 on: March 12, 2023, 02:37:59 PM »

Spoiler
* Add alpha core to Sindria's High Command, drone replicator to Volturn's ground defenses
[close]

hm?
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Brashin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: March 13, 2023, 09:56:59 AM »

Hi All,   Looking for some assistance.  I am loving this mod first off, I am very much confused about the planetary invasion stuff.  There is a help menu and even a tutorial but I might just be very slow in the head but I can't figure things out.  I have no idea if I am outgunning the enemy or what not and can't tell how to best make use of it.  Is there a youtube video or something that breaks it all down as this seems like a very important part of the game that I am missing out on.  Appreciate any help, Thanks

Crowley_black

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: March 13, 2023, 10:30:08 PM »

Hi All,   Looking for some assistance.  I am loving this mod first off, I am very much confused about the planetary invasion stuff.  There is a help menu and even a tutorial but I might just be very slow in the head but I can't figure things out.  I have no idea if I am outgunning the enemy or what not and can't tell how to best make use of it.  Is there a youtube video or something that breaks it all down as this seems like a very important part of the game that I am missing out on.  Appreciate any help, Thanks
Hi first of all sorry but I don't know any YT vids that breakdown the system but if I can tell you a bit about the invasion from my own experience and understanding. Alternately you can just watch people doing let's play of the game with Nex mod on since at one point they will invade or be invaded.

Anyway, things to note!
Spoiler
1. Planet Defense Rating
You know how on some missions they tell you that you need x number of marines to be successful in the mission? well that number is modified by the defense rating of the planet which you can see on their colony page when you are on the planet. Said defense rating also modifies how powerful the defense of the planet is without player interference.

2. Fleet Size
This one is also on the colony page, Fleet size modifies the size of your AI defense fleets as well as their ship and weapon load outs. the bigger this number the better your defender ships are and the better they are at space battle against raiders/invaders before they actually reach your planets. Don't worry tho, if they die they'll just cost you some ships&weapons commodity and credits but not affect defense rating, they respawn every 14 days unless you modify the numbers in the settings.

3. Ship Quality
Now this here is a bit funky, the higher the quality bonus the more s-mod your defense fleet will have, the lower they are the more d-mod they'll have. You cannot control what s/d-mod they'll have, which in some cases can be fatal or very powerful combinations.

4. Planetary Invasion
Now to the main topic! The invasion itself has two party, the attacker and the defender. The attacker units are the ones shown above the defender units which is on the bottom, next to the units on the map is their combat strength. Each buildings you have on your planet became what I call control points(CP) and your objective as the attacker is to clear every CP of any defender while as a defender you want to clear every CP of every attacker.

5. Combat
I don't remember if it's called heavy armament or heavy weaponry but i'm sticking to armament. each armament require 1 marine to be used. Imagine 1 marine = 1 combat strength while 1 heavy = 10 combat strength, you want to have as many heavy armament as you can get but remember that these bad boys also eats up cargo space that might or might not be essential for your supplies and fuel. To bomb a planet be it just tactical bombardment or using bombing abilities you need fuel while to deploy units you need supplies. Note that the more supplies you have the more units you can deploy per turn. your deployment point are 10% (I think?) of your supplies, if you have 10000 then your deployment point will be 1000 (at least in my experience). Note that every turn your dp is recalculated so the more you use your supplies to maintain your ship and deploy units, the less DP you'll have next turn.

You will want a mix between marines and heavy to maximize your combat strength but remember, you can recall units and cut your losses anytime if you think you cannot win the battle!

Now how do you do that you ask?
****ATTACKER****
Spoiler
Assuming you have units such as the marines and heavy armaments, you sent out your unit onto the planet by deploying them through the action button or if you're lazy just use q.move and choose which site you'll deploy them on. Now you have a simple yet complicated objective which is to overpower your enemy combat strength through overwhelming numbers, superior firepower (heavy armaments), and fleet support and abilities.

Your fleet gives additional combat strength based on the amount of units are still on your ships and some bonus from ships with the build in mod "atmospheric capable". the more units you have on the ground the more spread out the bonus will be and the less effective they are so be tactical in your deployment!

Abilities are a major thing in invasion use it to your advantage, it can make or break your invasion attempt.

I advise bombing a planet before you invade them as this reduce not only their defense rating which means less defender but it also disable their defensive bonus from buildings and stop those pesky turrets from shooting your ships and unit as they drop onto the planet.

There are actions such as merging units but unless you have manpower to spare or want to be tactical it is not really something you need to worry about. Oh and final note, watch your unit morales because the lower they are the lower their combat strength will be. It is essentially your ground unit combat readiness, just like your ships they perform better when the CR is high.
[close]

****DEFENDER****
Spoiler
Assuming you are in the area and can help the invaded planet, you can first go to the planet and same as attacking you sent out units but this time they increase the defender numbers and combat strength. In my opinion this mode is harder because unlike attacking where you can go wild you need to be careful of enemies bombing your planet and units while also being around to support your people.

It is in your best interest to take down enemy invasion fleets orbiting the planet as quickly as you can while maintaining the stalemate on the ground as killing the fleet would lower the attacker combat strength by a lot and stop their reinforcement from pouring down. heck you might even get heavy armament to further help your defense.

As the defender, you want to avoid using tactical and saturation bombardments as they can and will also harm your own units, using the bombardment ability is fine tho but be ready to disable your own targeted CP building. In a sense you will want to play cat and mouse, fighting like a guerilla fighter by moving out lower morale unit and sending in higher morale unit and replenish their numbers when they are resting. you also want to keep your turrets (ground defense or heavy batteries) manned as they don't fire unless a friendly unit control it.
[close]
[close]

anywho that's about it for a basic explanation I guess? I could be wrong on some parts but in a sense you want to avoid planetary defense as much as possible and take out invaders in space as it is cheaper and less costly

Brashin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: March 14, 2023, 09:28:55 AM »

Really appreciate the write-up, very helpful.  Question, for the ships that have ground support package, do I need to just keep the fleet hovering over the planet the entire invasion or is this more of an abstract thing where I can go off chasing other fleets down and still get the bonus?

organicmeme

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: March 14, 2023, 10:55:50 AM »

Hello, Histidine. What defines the factions starting relations? They do not seem to reflect what's in the config files. Do they take alignments or diplomacy traits into account?
I ask this because I manually changed "startRelationships" along with some other values for several factions in the jsons inside their exerelinFactionconfig folder, but this is not reflected in-game, where their starting relation points are always the same.

Crowley_black

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: March 14, 2023, 06:02:06 PM »

Really appreciate the write-up, very helpful.  Question, for the ships that have ground support package, do I need to just keep the fleet hovering over the planet the entire invasion or is this more of an abstract thing where I can go off chasing other fleets down and still get the bonus?
You need to hover near the planet but you don't have to be right on top of them. basically watch how the AI circle around a planet when they raid or invade, they will move away when threatened but they won't run too far and will get back to position after they are in the clear. I don't know the specific su of the range but golden rule is just to stay near the planet and take care of the flies fleet around the planet.

st0mpa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: March 15, 2023, 11:15:56 PM »

Hi there wanted to ask is the [REDACTED] contact in prism free port in random sector mode, because the tooltips on it only mention the galatea questline not being active or other mod things not being active but as she is part of nexerelin I assumed she would be there. If she is supposed to be there in random sector is there something I have missed to make her spawn in. I just headed straight there after starting a new own faction run.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5171 on: March 16, 2023, 01:05:59 AM »

Aside from Crowley_black's helpful post*, there's also a video described here on Reddit, although it's a bit old and I forget what exactly is in it.

YouTube embed

[close]

*minor correction: each heavy armaments unit requires two marines to crew, not one

You need to hover near the planet but you don't have to be right on top of them. basically watch how the AI circle around a planet when they raid or invade, they will move away when threatened but they won't run too far and will get back to position after they are in the clear. I don't know the specific su of the range but golden rule is just to stay near the planet and take care of the flies fleet around the planet.
Also the ping circles around the planet show the approximate radius you want to stay in.

Hello, Histidine. What defines the factions starting relations? They do not seem to reflect what's in the config files. Do they take alignments or diplomacy traits into account?
I ask this because I manually changed "startRelationships" along with some other values for several factions in the jsons inside their exerelinFactionconfig folder, but this is not reflected in-game, where their starting relation points are always the same.
By default the config relations are only used in random sector (non-random relations being set in code). To make them apply everywhere, add to the faction's config file:
Code: json
"useConfigRelationshipsInNonRandomSector":true,

Hi there wanted to ask is the [REDACTED] contact in prism free port in random sector mode, because the tooltips on it only mention the galatea questline not being active or other mod things not being active but as she is part of nexerelin I assumed she would be there. If she is supposed to be there in random sector is there something I have missed to make her spawn in. I just headed straight there after starting a new own faction run.
Her bar event can appear after 180 ingame days have passed. If Prism Freeport isn't present, she should appear at any independent market.

st0mpa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: March 16, 2023, 01:27:34 AM »

Her bar event can appear after 180 ingame days have passed. If Prism Freeport isn't present, she should appear at any independent market.
[/quote]

Thank you for the info. I thought that I had gone there right off the start before and was just missing something but clearly not if thats the trigger.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: March 16, 2023, 09:05:32 AM »

No idea if anyone has suggested this yet, but could we get a couple more options for faction relationships at the beginning? Like all factions hate us, or all factions hate all other factions kind of thing.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: March 16, 2023, 09:23:42 AM »

There's a few other mods that can do things of that sort. Ruthless Sector, for example.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 399