Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3057576 times)

Pet_Mudstone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.4d "Dissonance" (fixes 2022-04-09)
« Reply #4575 on: April 18, 2022, 09:44:06 PM »

Are fleets that are following you after you use the "Follow Me" command not supposed to assist you when you engage enemies? I've been engaging enemy fleets while being followed and they never jumped in to help. Went against my expectations.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 12:53:08 PM by Pet_Mudstone »

Pet_Mudstone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: April 19, 2022, 12:52:03 PM »

Additionally, is it also intended for faction relationships with the player to not get reset when you resign a commission? I'm thinking so considering that relation change messages don't appear when you accept or resign a commission. Whatever the case I personally dislike this and wish there were an option to disable it.

Resetium

• Ensign
  • Funny robot-lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: April 19, 2022, 01:34:08 PM »

Additionally, is it also intended for faction relationships with the player to not get reset when you resign a commission? I'm thinking so considering that relation change messages don't appear when you accept or resign a commission. Whatever the case I personally dislike this and wish there were an option to disable it.
It's a vanilla feature that relations don't reset when you exit a commission.
More Modded [REDACTED] Ships!
Sometimes i feel like my brain has been hit by salamanders not gonna lie.
Satbomb the Hegemony.

Pet_Mudstone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: April 19, 2022, 02:04:19 PM »

It's a vanilla feature that relations don't reset when you exit a commission.

Well, it doesn't quite reset but in vanilla relations are restored but with a -10 malus. I've turned all my mods off (save Console Commands to adjust relations) to check. It also included the relation change messages I mentioned above.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4579 on: April 20, 2022, 09:13:59 AM »

Relationship resets on dropping a commission might involve behavior that's unpredictable or somewhat illogical (e.g. if you committed random acts of piracy or war crimes, you probably shouldn't be forgiven just because you left your current employer), so if I examine the matter again I might have to do some thinking/coding for it.

...Well, a straight 'revert to before commission was taken' rule is at least simple and most of the needed code should already be in place, so I might well do that next version.

When the brawl quest via Dissonant fails and is retried the fleet you're supposed to follow doesn't spawn. It's also not possible to abort the quest. So right now my save is broken for that questline. :(
It's not intended to even be possible to retry the mission without devmode (although I didn't do anything to prevent it, either), so I'm surprised that much worked. I might look into it at some point.

Are fleets that are following you after you use the "Follow Me" command not supposed to assist you when you engage enemies? I've been engaging enemy fleets while being followed and they never jumped in to help. Went against my expectations.
Try the file linked in this post and see if that fixes it.

Pet_Mudstone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: April 21, 2022, 12:28:11 AM »

...Well, a straight 'revert to before commission was taken' rule is at least simple and most of the needed code should already be in place, so I might well do that next version.

Nice.

Sadly that .jar file seems to be bugged. I cannot load previously saved games with it, and I seem to be unable to start a new game due to an error relating to "nex_skipStoryDefault" not being found. Attempting to select certain dialogue options in the new game set-up or the game trying to generate the sector causes a crash. See attachment below.

[attachment deleted by admin]

thiscattail

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: April 21, 2022, 03:17:15 PM »

Hi, old-time lurker here. I remember playing an older modded version and there were nice warnings on vengeance fleets forming when you commit too many atrocities against a faction. There were estimated times and points of origin, so you could raid or bomb the planet to hinder the war effort.

Now on the more recent version, the fleets just suddenly appear and ambush me when I leave the system. Kinda annoying since I get no intel and they just magically spawn heavy capital fleets on top of me.

Was there a prior change, or am I encountering a glitch? Much thanks.

fewd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: April 22, 2022, 11:14:57 AM »

Hi, old-time lurker here. I remember playing an older modded version and there were nice warnings on vengeance fleets forming when you commit too many atrocities against a faction. There were estimated times and points of origin, so you could raid or bomb the planet to hinder the war effort.

Now on the more recent version, the fleets just suddenly appear and ambush me when I leave the system. Kinda annoying since I get no intel and they just magically spawn heavy capital fleets on top of me.

It's a feature:
## v0.10.4c ##
* Option (default on) to replace long-pursuit vengeance fleets with an unannounced ambush encounter like vanilla missions

I think it's "useNewVengeanceEncounters" in the config file.

thiscattail

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: April 23, 2022, 04:23:17 AM »

It's a feature:
## v0.10.4c ##
* Option (default on) to replace long-pursuit vengeance fleets with an unannounced ambush encounter like vanilla missions

I think it's "useNewVengeanceEncounters" in the config file.

Oh! Thanks for the info, fewd! I'll definitely be turning it off then. I prefer the previously available layer of strategic options to handle the challenge.

It makes no sense for massive attack fleets to just instantly spawn next to you every time you leave a system after a raiding run.

Justinkid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: April 23, 2022, 11:29:12 AM »

Relationship resets on dropping a commission might involve behavior that's unpredictable or somewhat illogical (e.g. if you committed random acts of piracy or war crimes, you probably shouldn't be forgiven just because you left your current employer), so if I examine the matter again I might have to do some thinking/coding for it.

I do not think you should 'revert to before commission was taken' for the exact reasons you mentioned, but more importantly, it would be an extremely exploitable mechanic where a commission = free pass to commit warcrimes without consequence.

Join commission -> commit any number of unspeakable warcrimes -> drop commission -> all is forgiven, no consequence for player actions.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4585 on: April 23, 2022, 06:35:38 PM »

Sadly that .jar file seems to be bugged. I cannot load previously saved games with it, and I seem to be unable to start a new game due to an error relating to "nex_skipStoryDefault" not being found. Attempting to select certain dialogue options in the new game set-up or the game trying to generate the sector causes a crash. See attachment below.
Huh, if it breaks previous saves I need to fix that before the next release; can you post the full error log?

For new games, add the nex_skipStoryDefault variable to data/config/settings.json (look at other variables in the same file), set to either true or false as you like (true makes the skip story option the default).

PeopleThief

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: April 24, 2022, 07:30:24 PM »

game crashes on startup with following error message:
26777 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - com.fs.starfarer.api.util.RuleException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Command [NGCGetExerelinDefaults] not found in packages:
com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd
com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage
com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.newgame
com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.missions
com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.academy
data.scripts.bounty.rulecmd
data.scripts.campaign.swprules

com.fs.starfarer.api.util.RuleException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Command [NGCGetExerelinDefaults] not found in packages:

at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Rules.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Command [NGCGetExerelinDefaults] not found in packages:

at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.getCommandClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 9 more

I just have this. lazy, magic, and graphic libs, plus Hazard mining inc, brighton federation, and ship/weapon pack
Any ideas what is causing this?

PeopleThief

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: April 24, 2022, 08:22:38 PM »

Confirmed it is Nexerelin causing the problem, no issue with just all the other mods.

Pet_Mudstone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: April 24, 2022, 08:26:52 PM »

Huh, if it breaks previous saves I need to fix that before the next release; can you post the full error log?

For new games, add the nex_skipStoryDefault variable to data/config/settings.json (look at other variables in the same file), set to either true or false as you like (true makes the skip story option the default).

I'll try once I'm home, currently in another town without access to my computer.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: April 24, 2022, 10:46:52 PM »

game crashes on startup with following error message:

Are you certain you've installed the most recent version of Nex, and didn't try to install it over an existing install?

This is the game being unable to find Nex's new game creation stuff in the files, which should only happen on a bad installation. Delete Nex and try installing again.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 399