Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3057588 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.3i "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-12-17)
« Reply #4350 on: January 03, 2022, 01:53:30 PM »

Is there a way to change the speed of the ground battle resolution? Perhaps an option that changes turn resultion to happen every week instead of everyday? As it is, it seems to resolve far too quickly, and it seems that AI fleets aren't even able to respond to the invader fast enough before their planet is taken.

wsdude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: January 03, 2022, 03:16:49 PM »

How long does it take for faction to respawn if you choose the option to do so?

khorrl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: January 03, 2022, 05:06:34 PM »

Probably the wrong place to ask for this but I recently started the game and even more recently started this mod, I was wondering if any one has any decent seeds they might be willing to share? Looking to see what colonization is like with the mod.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4353 on: January 03, 2022, 07:45:00 PM »

Is there any way to solve Legio's war weariness issues? they accrue so much and never declare war or want to go to war, I like allying with them for my playthroughs, but when they vote no on literally every war declaration because they have almost 200k war weariness, it make things hard to enjoy being in an alliance with them. https://i.imgur.com/SSr2xtg.png
The war weariness mechanic wasn't really meant for hostile-to-all factions like Legio. I could implement a new trait to negate this effect like Timid suggested elsewhere, assuming I don't find another solution.

(On that note, are they already hostile to the target of the war vote? I probably ought to make this situation an automatic yes vote)

How long does it take for faction to respawn if you choose the option to do so?
The check is done every 60 days on average, although only one faction can be picked for respawn at a time, and that faction may use up its "turn" spawning the base to launch the invasion from.

Is there a way to change the speed of the ground battle resolution? Perhaps an option that changes turn resultion to happen every week instead of everyday? As it is, it seems to resolve far too quickly, and it seems that AI fleets aren't even able to respond to the invader fast enough before their planet is taken.
There isn't such an option right now; maybe I'll add one later.

Probably the wrong place to ask for this but I recently started the game and even more recently started this mod, I was wondering if any one has any decent seeds they might be willing to share? Looking to see what colonization is like with the mod.
Seeds are pretty difficult to share since they're very sensitive to changes (adding or removing any faction mods changes the output, in particular). But if anyone has a Nex+vanilla-only seed they'd like to share, feel free to chime in :)

TontonBoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: January 04, 2022, 06:17:21 PM »

A lot to say about this mod obviously - being the game changer that  it is. I'll spare you with all the niceties and get straight to the latest point :
Ground battles are a fantastic and more than welcome addition for mid to late game. There was nothing. Almost nothing. And now I tend to keep on playing late into the nothing-more-to-do-but-war phase. Thanks to you. Still  balancing and various QOL I suppose on your end. But already a staple of any interesting playthrough.

I've been dying to say this recently and to thank you for all you do for this game. I've been a quiet lurker since SS 0.8 and seeing all you modders did and still do for this weird little niche software keeps blowing my mind. Thank you for hundred of hours of fun.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4355 on: January 04, 2022, 07:45:32 PM »

A lot to say about this mod obviously - being the game changer that  it is. I'll spare you with all the niceties and get straight to the latest point :
Ground battles are a fantastic and more than welcome addition for mid to late game. There was nothing. Almost nothing. And now I tend to keep on playing late into the nothing-more-to-do-but-war phase. Thanks to you. Still  balancing and various QOL I suppose on your end. But already a staple of any interesting playthrough.

I've been dying to say this recently and to thank you for all you do for this game. I've been a quiet lurker since SS 0.8 and seeing all you modders did and still do for this weird little niche software keeps blowing my mind. Thank you for hundred of hours of fun.
Thank you for the praise! I'm confident that all of us modders are happy when someone gets value from the work we put out there.

The new ground battles are probably the single heaviest feature (in terms of code volume and time spent) in Nexerelin, but I'd been meaning to do something along those lines since the raid update in Starsector 0.95, and making invasions more interesting has been requested a couple of times in the past too. I like how it turned out, and it seems a good number of people do too :)

TontonBoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: January 05, 2022, 06:11:38 AM »

Let me put it like this :

Reach the system for an invasion. Take care of a couple of fleets while reaching the planet itself. Then blow up the station and it's last remaining fleet. Here ends "vanilla" and you work begins. Vanilla would have a text only management of the attack and that's it. You win or you lose, but the event ends here. Couple minutes, tops.

So here is what you added :
On a custom tactical screen based on the intel menu you launch the invasion and manage the troops (resize some units, move them to engage, use a commander skill). Give the order to attack and back to space view.
Then you have to hold. Other planets in the system are gonna launch some space enforcers too and they'll be coming your way on full burn. The invasion is progressing nicely (tactical screen again to assess and manage the troops and use skills) but you need to hold this space or the other guys will counter invade (I suppose ? Never got to actually see it so maybe I'm extrapolating too much). And anyway having space superiority lets you unleash skills to help the invasion. You need to hold.  While still taking care of the ground pound you manage to repel a couple more fleets by the skin of your teeth : CR keeps going down fight after fight and can't max back before the next so space battles become harder and harder. And not only does that wreck your supplies but you also use a lot of it for the ground skirmish. So supplies start running out. This is becoming tense.
After a couple minutes waiting for that big fleet that'll terminate your endeavor (and it's coming, you know it's coming), after a last round of guerilla warfare you hear a powerful cheer from the surface and the planet is yours.
You can land for R&R and look at the spoils of war. And at the casualty count. It took around 20 minutes of nail biting successive fights and army management.

I know I'm explaining his mod to a modder. But I really clicked with your mechanics lately, and wanted to share how it feels. And it feels great.

WhyAmIUpSoLate

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: January 06, 2022, 02:09:36 AM »

Hello, I keep getting this null error when I load back into a save file, using Nexerelin v0.10.31 with the most recent Starsector Patch. Is the save file caput or is there something I can do? It occurs about 10 seconds after I load into the save. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game as well as my mod list. Thanks!

ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.invasion.InvActionStage.performRaid(InvActionStage.java:273)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.themes.BaseAssignmentAI$3.run(BaseAssignmentAI.java:463)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.AssignmentModule.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.ModularFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4358 on: January 06, 2022, 05:02:00 AM »

Hello, I keep getting this null error when I load back into a save file, using Nexerelin v0.10.31 with the most recent Starsector Patch. Is the save file caput or is there something I can do? It occurs about 10 seconds after I load into the save. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game as well as my mod list. Thanks!
Looks like it's crashing in a strange place, I'm not sure how it can happen.

One temporary workaround is to teleport to the invasion target (using devmode Ctrl+click teleport, or the console mod's jump and goto commands). Then use the console kill command to delete the invasion fleets.

If it still happens after this, you could upload the save somewhere and I can try debugging it from there.

WhyAmIUpSoLate

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: January 06, 2022, 06:05:49 PM »

Looks like it's crashing in a strange place, I'm not sure how it can happen.

One temporary workaround is to teleport to the invasion target (using devmode Ctrl+click teleport, or the console mod's jump and goto commands). Then use the console kill command to delete the invasion fleets.

If it still happens after this, you could upload the save somewhere and I can try debugging it from there.

Killing the ships worked! Thanks so much Histidine love your mod.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: January 06, 2022, 11:07:38 PM »

How come the marines disappear instead of returning to the ship after a successful invasion?

envenger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4361 on: January 06, 2022, 11:37:48 PM »

They go into the storage of the planet.

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: January 07, 2022, 07:56:30 AM »

The ground battle looks like a different alien game at a glance - but then you actually do it, and realize it's tied into all the best parts of Starsector and success directly depends on your fleet's history and combat efficiency and logistics capacity and stealth and...

The fact that invasions actually take time and you might or might not want to stick around is awesome. There's room both for planet-crushing capital invasion fleets filled with tankers and cargo vessels, and upstart frigate wolf packs hiding in asteroids while a group of marines recruited in a bar tries to put the next Warlord Kanta in power. Very cool.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: January 07, 2022, 10:38:09 AM »

I did want to provide a little feedback wrt the tutorial invasion: it's possible for it to spawn the "pirate" invasion fleet (which seems to use the mercenary faction) with several Phantoms. That's... kind of a lot of raid/invasion power to hand to a player in their first cycle! Sadly it's also random, so you can end up with anywhere between the multiple Phantoms and a single crappy Valkyrie.

I dunno if there's much you can do to influence that or if it's even really that potentially imbalanced, but it did stick out to me.

wsdude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4364 on: January 07, 2022, 10:43:49 AM »

How exactly are you supposed to invade late game?I keep throwing 1000s of soldiers but they keep winning with barely any soldiers in their slots.
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 399