Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3056073 times)

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.3i "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-12-17)
« Reply #4305 on: December 25, 2021, 12:40:30 PM »

Got the same *** happen to me.They wiped out the purple faction pretty fast and then dominated perseon league pretty fast.
Any mod that might keep a check on them?

Sindrian Diktat always gets rolled first, Nex logic for faction's choosing targets is kinda brutal like that (seriously, make sure to have enough money for multiple colonies or at least defenses, or player's colony might get rolled as soon as it hits Pop level 4).  But mod author Histidine has stated before on multiple occasions that some of the issues underlying the aggression relate to vanilla stuff he can't change.  His primary/only suggestion for this is add a few faction mods to balance out power equation, since small factions will band together/ally in order to not get rolled.  In my current game, TT is in a triple alliance with some mod factions, they basically ate Luddic Church so far and are on verge of giving Heg a run for all marbles (originally was 4 way alliance with Diktat, but Diktat was finally conquered after about 20 years in game).  Quite an interesting game so far (although I helped a little with killing Church, they just had to invade one of my colonies).
I wasn't always a Judge...

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: December 25, 2021, 01:09:11 PM »

Hello folks, can I suggest some options which be neat to include?

One about relationships, there is option for random relationships between faction, but how about option which makes reputation between all non-hostile factions be zero between each other? I just noticed what when you play with alot faction mods, alliances often become same in several play-trough, since some mod factions have already high starting rep with each other, they will form same Alliance in several playtrough. Good example is Tri-Tachyon, without faction mods they can make alliance with League or Diktat, but if you have for example Sylphon, they will always make Alliance with them because they already have high enough reputation, 70 or so. Suggested option might make Alliances more random in such situations, since now they will depend on diplomatic events.

And another one, is option to add multiplier for random diplomatic events on how much reputation loss or gain they cause.

sphr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: December 26, 2021, 01:46:13 AM »

Relatively new to the mod, so sorry if this question seems trivial.  Tried doing a search but no hits turned up.

Is there a setting that I can change to raise the max number of operatives I can have?

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: December 26, 2021, 05:07:42 AM »

Question about joining a faction:
I discovered so far, that you can either join a faction at the start of the game or ask the leader of a faction later to join them.
Is it also possible, that you'll be asked by a faction to join them, like in the Mount&Blade-Series? (Maybe if your standing is good enough with them or so.)

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: December 26, 2021, 10:20:07 AM »

I discovered so far, that you can either join a faction at the start of the game or ask the leader of a faction later to join them.
Is it also possible, that you'll be asked by a faction to join them, like in the Mount&Blade-Series? (Maybe if your standing is good enough with them or so.)

Pretty sure that's not a thing (Histidine I'm sure will correct me if I'm wrong), but if other faction(s) like player enough and player has colonies, it is just a normal alliance instead... although if in alliance with multiple factions, the other factions of course also have to like each other!

uzsibox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: December 26, 2021, 01:46:34 PM »

Hey guys here to report a bug. Not sure its with nexerelin as im using multiple mods but this is the only one that could cause it. Basically if i assign an alpha core as administrator they disappear on reloading a game and are replaced by a secretary. The comm directory is also filled with secretaries.

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: December 26, 2021, 03:06:02 PM »

Pretty sure that's not a thing (Histidine I'm sure will correct me if I'm wrong), but if other faction(s) like player enough and player has colonies, it is just a normal alliance instead... although if in alliance with multiple factions, the other factions of course also have to like each other!

Just to clarify:
It's not about the situation when you have your own faction, but when you start as a free spacer without a colony.

Also, the most factions have a home-planet, where you can find the faction leader to talk about joining them, if I'm not mistaken. But how about the pirates? Or do they also have a pirate-leader?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4313 on: December 26, 2021, 06:07:23 PM »

Hello folks, can I suggest some options which be neat to include?

One about relationships, there is option for random relationships between faction, but how about option which makes reputation between all non-hostile factions be zero between each other? I just noticed what when you play with alot faction mods, alliances often become same in several play-trough, since some mod factions have already high starting rep with each other, they will form same Alliance in several playtrough. Good example is Tri-Tachyon, without faction mods they can make alliance with League or Diktat, but if you have for example Sylphon, they will always make Alliance with them because they already have high enough reputation, 70 or so. Suggested option might make Alliances more random in such situations, since now they will depend on diplomatic events.

And another one, is option to add multiplier for random diplomatic events on how much reputation loss or gain they cause.
Interesting ideas, I'll probably put the relationship zeroing one in next version.

Just to clarify:
It's not about the situation when you have your own faction, but when you start as a free spacer without a colony.

Also, the most factions have a home-planet, where you can find the faction leader to talk about joining them, if I'm not mistaken. But how about the pirates? Or do they also have a pirate-leader?
Currently there isn't an invitation, the player only joins by specifically asking.
(Also you don't need a faction leader, most officials on the comm directory of any planet or station will work)

Hey guys here to report a bug. Not sure its with nexerelin as im using multiple mods but this is the only one that could cause it. Basically if i assign an alpha core as administrator they disappear on reloading a game and are replaced by a secretary. The comm directory is also filled with secretaries.
That's a really strange bug (and one I haven't encountered in my own game).
Can you provide a zip of the save? I might be able to figure out from there what's causing it.

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: December 27, 2021, 12:03:47 PM »

Question about Slipstreams: Where's the "OFF" switch?
They're not nex, they're base game.
If you find one moving in a direction you don't like, you're just gonna have to be blown off course.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: December 27, 2021, 01:57:44 PM »

Question about Slipstreams: Where's the "OFF" switch?
They're not nex, they're base game.
If you find one moving in a direction you don't like, you're just gonna have to be blown off course.

Or just don't take it... storm surfing strategy still alive and well.  Or come back after the switch!

boogiebogus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: December 27, 2021, 02:55:15 PM »

now here's a minor bug you probably never expected:

on the revanchist claims line in the diplomatic profiles tab, there's a minor issue with the text color. if the faction name has part of one of the market's names in it, the faction name will be colored and not the market name. in this example: the luddic church has a claim on a planet named chu. so, it's colored as luddic church.

dgchessman2

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: December 28, 2021, 10:41:26 AM »

Do you guys take suggestions?

The beginning selection for this mod is fantastic. Buuuttt... I think with a little tweaking it could be indispensable!

Remember the last photo or few photos the player chose.
Remember the name the player last chose.
Already remembers settings in the same session... but maybe remember them between loads?

And here's the big part: Separate the character / universe generation from the planet/faction generation.

A player getting ready to generate a new game may not want their first planet, etc. Even just remembering those initial choices would save a lot of repeatative motions.

Bonus points if My Faction remembers your name, flag, prefix, etc.

And THEN generate my new faction, new character fleet location, or whatever.

And if it sucks.... keep as many of those choices as possible to generate a new one.

... 'Cause I just want to start PLAYING!

wsdude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: December 28, 2021, 11:41:26 AM »

Does anyone know if there's a save transfer/game plus mod that works with nex?
Current system has no decent planets and I don't feel like starting over again with my fleet.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 399