Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013146 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6c "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-03-28)
« Reply #2985 on: March 27, 2020, 08:14:09 PM »

Pushing an update to fix some crash issues.

UPDATE: Added a hotfix here to fix issues with leaving the Z menu after viewing the fleet request screen. Place in Nexerelin/jars

Nexerelin v0.9.6c
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
* Gameplay
    * Add suspend autonomy function (allows player to build things on autonomous colonies)
    * Add function to donate admins to an autonomous colony
    * Remove "reinforce defenses" option (can be re-enabled in rules.csv)
    * Agent action's target faction should remain constant even if the planet/system changes hands in the meantime
    * Insurance: Pay out 20% of base value for a new D-hull, plus payment for the number of new D-mods
        * Previously it would pay a flat 100% of base value regardless of number of D-mods
       * Amount can be changed in settings.json
    * Colony expeditions are terminated if colony fleet's max crew drops below 1000
    * Factions have 150 day cooldown between respawn attempts
    * Non-territorial factions can be counted as system owner for expedition purposes
    * Invasion fleets defending a captured target will go home if target is lost
* Bugfixes
    * Fix a UI-related campaign crash on certain events
    * Safety for an agent crash
    * Fix random sector sometimes generating relays inside stars
    * Fix vanilla non-payment of commission bounties
    * Fix player being picked as sponsor of spontaneous rebellions
    * Steal ship action: Handle cases where ship lacks variants 
* Modding
    * Add AllianceManager.getPlayerAlliance method
* Text
    * Rebellion intel more informative on agents needed for details
    * Diktat gets a special task group namer
    * Fix a text error in NPC colonization-by-force
* Audio
    * Nicer alarm sound by Soren
[close]

Anyway to add a summary page of how many markets each faction has. Both the total market and combined market size. I know you can view each secretly.
You can view a list of each faction's markets with the faction directory (press Z on campaign map, or view the special options menu when docked).
It doesn't nicely add up the faction's total size though, I should do that.

Also, anyway to show your current alignment status with the markets in the system. Meaning, if you are in hyperspace and you click on a star, it shows the factions in the star color coded by faction. I'd like to add "friendly, neutral, suspicions, hostile. Otherwise you need to first go look at the faction screen to remember if you're hostile or not.
Hey, so, if there is a rebellion and you support the rebellion side by selling to the black market with your transponder on, once they take over the colony, you get a reputation penalty with them for selling stuff on the black market right after they capture said market.
I don't think these are readily doable/fixable by a mod, unfortunately.

I suggest an option that turns off/delays colony expeditions until the player gets a colony of its own. The "on" trigger should be the same as the player faction naming dialog that pops up when you first invade/colonize a planet. We do have the advert option but it costs quite a lot when you don't have a stable colony/commission of your own. This should make non-optimal playstyles a better experience.
Hmm, I'll think about it.
(Though if you ask me, that's just incentive for the player to not dawdle, and one planet every 270 days starting late cycle 207 should still leave plenty of planets for the player)

Im really confused since I attacked a heavy industry belongs to derelict then got the blueprint of guardian, have to say it is really strange thing that derelict owns such an op ship between their junks,  is this a bug?
Guardian is a boss derelict ship. It normally only appears in cyrosleepers, but Derelict Empire also lets it appear in patrols sometimes.
The player really shouldn't be able to get the blueprint (since the ship is really OP), but I haven't gotten around to blocking it yet.

Who are these communist guys and why can they throw 10 fleets of capitals at me?
They're from Vayra's Sector, you should comment on issues with them there.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:54:22 PM by Histidine »

StarScum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: March 28, 2020, 08:22:01 AM »

The option to enable/disable factions is grayed out. I have the Dassault mod installed and want to keep its weapons, ships and blueprints but don't want the faction to spawn. How do I enable the enable/disable function at start?

tindrli

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: March 28, 2020, 08:36:55 AM »

The option to enable/disable factions is grayed out. I have the Dassault mod installed and want to keep its weapons, ships and blueprints but don't want the faction to spawn. How do I enable the enable/disable function at start?
i didn't know that you can disable faction spawning but keep the weapons and ships. i must be missing something? if faction is disabled where can you buy their ships and weapons beside maybe creating them from blueprints

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: March 28, 2020, 12:52:00 PM »

At 25 and 50 population I got bonus administrator slots, I thought it said I would get more at 80, but I'm at 82 and nothing.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2989 on: March 28, 2020, 06:36:49 PM »

The option only works in random sector.

At 25 and 50 population I got bonus administrator slots, I thought it said I would get more at 80, but I'm at 82 and nothing.
Hmm. It may take up to 3 days to refresh, but if it's staying that way then I'll have to investigate.
Quick check: Was the message simply missed? Check if your max admin count is what it should be (4 from pop + 2/4 base skilled/unskilled)

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: March 29, 2020, 01:16:49 AM »

Hmm. It may take up to 3 days to refresh, but if it's staying that way then I'll have to investigate.
Quick check: Was the message simply missed? Check if your max admin count is what it should be (4 from pop + 2/4 base skilled/unskilled)
Well, if there was a message I missed it, it's quite possible because there is a lot of messages being displayed. (I was begging for a log feature in the idea section a while back). Anyways, I took a break after I captured the last planet that brought me to 82, after after reloading my game I am now at 7/8 admins. Not sure how useful that is.. one extra admin. ;D Anyways thanks for the reply.

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: March 30, 2020, 02:49:08 AM »

Is there an easy way to add ship I want to prism port?

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: March 30, 2020, 03:48:13 AM »

There are nice additions to the last content patch, great job.

However, the tribute demands ruin the game experience.
It simply makes no sense that e.g. the Hegemony would threaten me like the Mafia with "would be a shame if something happened to your colony" and call in for a saturation bombing just because I colonize a planet in a star system they are in too.

The demanded tribute is ridiculously high and simply not compatible with the canon of many factions.

I strongly suggest to only allow this to happen with aggressive factions or those the player has a bad relationship with.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 04:21:33 AM by sqrt(-1) »

FAX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: March 30, 2020, 05:29:15 AM »

It simply makes no sense that e.g. the Hegemony would threaten me like the Mafia with "would be a shame if something happened to your colony" and call in for a saturation bombing just because I colonize a planet in a star system they are in too.

The demanded tribute is ridiculously high and simply not compatible with the canon of many factions.

I strongly suggest to only allow this to happen with aggressive factions or those the player has a bad relationship with.

Have to say, without the tribute demands added by Nexerelin, these factions will release bombardment directly, you have no choice but face the bombardment fleet in vanilla.

btw, You can accept it for a moment, and tear up it when you ready to defend the bomb fleet.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 05:35:52 AM by FAX »

Bhdeale

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: March 31, 2020, 06:13:09 AM »

Hey, I think I found a small logic bug in Nexerelin.

I was looking for a way to add a multiplier to the number of weapons+fighters offered in markets globally and saw Nexerelin already does this by overriding the vanilla markets. So I tried to play around with the same idea in my own mod and realized there is a logic error.

For example the Nex_OpenMarketPlugin.java
Code Snippet:
Spoiler
package exerelin.campaign.submarkets;

import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.submarkets.OpenMarketPlugin;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc;

@Deprecated
public class Nex_OpenMarketPlugin extends OpenMarketPlugin {

@Override
   public void updateCargoPrePlayerInteraction() {
      super.updateCargoPrePlayerInteraction();

if (okToUpdateShipsAndWeapons()) {
         // this was already done in super method, so what we're doing is doubling weapon/fighter counts
         int weapons = 2 + Math.max(0, market.getSize() - 3) + (Misc.isMilitary(market) ? 5 : 0);
         int fighters = 1 + Math.max(0, (market.getSize() - 3) / 2) + (Misc.isMilitary(market) ? 2 : 0);

// just kidding, it's only 50% more
         //weapons /= 2;
         //fighters /= 2;

addWeapons(weapons, weapons + 1, 0, market.getFactionId());
         addFighters(fighters, fighters + 1, 0, market.getFactionId());

getCargo().sort();
      }
   }
}
[close]

The problem is when you call super.updateCargoPrePlayerInteraction() you will cause the vanilla market to set sinceSWUpdate = 0f; which means you will always evaluate if (okToUpdateShipsAndWeapons()) to false

Since you need to accommodate the vanilla stockpile update you still need to call super before you modify the cargo (ie weapons and fighters) so I did this as an example:
Spoiler
public class RL_OpenMarketPlugin extends Nex_OpenMarketPlugin {
    @Override
    public void updateCargoPrePlayerInteraction() {
        if (okToUpdateShipsAndWeapons()) {
            super.updateCargoPrePlayerInteraction(); //must do this first or anything you add isnt real!
            // this was already done in super method, so what we're doing is doubling weapon/fighter counts
            int weapons = 2 + Math.max(0, market.getSize() - 3) + (Misc.isMilitary(market) ? 5 : 0);
            int fighters = 1 + Math.max(0, (market.getSize() - 3) / 2) + (Misc.isMilitary(market) ? 2 : 0);

for (int x = 1; x < submarketShared.getMinWepMult(); x++){
                Global.getLogger(this.getClass()).info("flapjack " + x);
                addWeapons(weapons, weapons, 1, market.getFactionId());
                addFighters(fighters, fighters, 1, market.getFactionId());
            }
            getCargo().sort();
        }
        else {
            super.updateCargoPrePlayerInteraction(); //this makes sure the normal commodities get worked out
        }
    }
}

[close]
Ignore my flapjack bit - I was working on making a global multiplier that could be loaded from a config.

It also is a bit hacky for me to try to override your markets in Nexerelin because we would both be overiding the vanilla markets and it was load-order dependent on who's mod applied over who's. (I had to change my name to appear higher in the alphabet for load-order). Would you consider taking a config variable as a multiplier for weapons/fighters on a market content like this? I wanted to globally double (or triple) weapon spawns since I've been playing with so many mods I could never find the content I wanted in game with such large pools to draw from randomly.

I also saw you had marked this (and Nex_BlackMarketPlugin) as deprecated. Did you find a better way to override vanilla markets?

Let me know if I can better explain myself, I hope this is helpful! Your mod is awesome and thanks for all the incredible work you've put in over the years!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 06:17:58 AM by Bhdeale »
Hey I'm new, check out my mods and give me feedback :D
Red Legion
MoWeaponsMoShips

knogleknuser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: March 31, 2020, 10:33:50 AM »

Would it be possible to make autonomous markets contribute to market size?
I worry about how the player would make no money from exports should he actually conquer the entire sector. It makes me not want to even attempt it at the moment as the market size will only become smaller and smaller the more colonies one conquer.

minusthedrifter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: March 31, 2020, 01:00:43 PM »

Is it possible to turn off notifications for all the faction stuff when you're not in a faction? I'm not associated with anyone and off in deep space exploring and salvaging but I'm constantly being pinged by relation changes, diplomacy, invasions, raids, the like. Would be nice to have a toggle for this, or make it so you get those updates only when you're in sensor range, similar to missions.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2997 on: April 01, 2020, 03:18:05 AM »

Have to say, without the tribute demands added by Nexerelin, these factions will release bombardment directly, you have no choice but face the bombardment fleet in vanilla.

btw, You can accept it for a moment, and tear up it when you ready to defend the bomb fleet.
Yeah, the tribute thing is actually something I added to make the factions act a little more reasonable than in vanilla.
I could move the penalty values into a config file though.

Hey, I think I found a small logic bug in Nexerelin.

I was looking for a way to add a multiplier to the number of weapons+fighters offered in markets globally and saw Nexerelin already does this by overriding the vanilla markets. So I tried to play around with the same idea in my own mod and realized there is a logic error.

[...]

The problem is when you call super.updateCargoPrePlayerInteraction() you will cause the vanilla market to set sinceSWUpdate = 0f; which means you will always evaluate if (okToUpdateShipsAndWeapons()) to false

[...]

I also saw you had marked this (and Nex_BlackMarketPlugin) as deprecated. Did you find a better way to override vanilla markets?
Ah, oops, I'll have to fix that in a future Nex version. Good job catching it!

I think the deprecated tags were simply from when the Nex classes didn't do anything, and I forgot to remove them when I made them do something...

Would it be possible to make autonomous markets contribute to market size?
Don't know of a way for a mod to do it. IIRC someone found it in the core code, but modifying that is forbidden and not the sort of thing a mod should be bundling anyway.

Is it possible to turn off notifications for all the faction stuff when you're not in a faction? I'm not associated with anyone and off in deep space exploring and salvaging but I'm constantly being pinged by relation changes, diplomacy, invasions, raids, the like. Would be nice to have a toggle for this, or make it so you get those updates only when you're in sensor range, similar to missions.
I could add a switch to quiet diplomacy events when the player isn't involved in that stuff (doesn't have own faction and isn't commissioned with anyone), and/or filter out the ones not affecting player/commissioner faction, at least.
Making these messages require comm relay access would be worse I think, they'd just contribute to (and get lost in) the usual flood of messages when re-entering comm relay range...

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: April 02, 2020, 01:00:16 PM »

Might want to preclude Raids etc from targeting outposts...thematically theres really nothing there to raid...plus, it makes you babysit outposts worse then colonies.

MeinGott

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: April 03, 2020, 01:12:04 AM »

Hello, sorry but an answer probably escaped my attention: is update from "corporate warfare" save breaking? thank you
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 396