Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3054877 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)
« Reply #5925 on: March 26, 2024, 03:28:20 AM »

Hmmm, no idea how that could happen, I'll see if it happens in my current playthrough. Did you end up hostile to Remnant fleets in other systems, and/or the faction as a whole?

Histidine,
When you have some time I could use some help for a much requested modification to Hiver Swarm that delays their invasions by a year. I know there is a option in the exerelin_config that delays all invasions but I am trying to have that only effect Hivers. I know the command line, modifyinvasionGracePeriod,  I use is wrong in line 27 but it was a stab in the dark using the wording of the option in the config. Here is what I have so far in HIVERmodPlugin:
Spoiler
package data.scripts;

import com.fs.starfarer.api.BaseModPlugin;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.Global;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.PluginPick;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.CampaignPlugin;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.econ.MarketAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.StarSystemAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.characters.PersonAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.ids.Skills;
import data.scripts.world.HIVER_gen;
import exerelin.campaign.SectorManager;
import exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager;

public class HIVERmodPlugin extends BaseModPlugin {

@Override
    public void onNewGame() {
   boolean haveNexerelin = Global.getSettings().getModManager().isModEnabled("nexerelin");
   if (!haveNexerelin || SectorManager.getManager().getCorvusMode()){
            new HIVER_gen().generate(Global.getSector());
        }
    }
     @Override
 public void onGameLoad() {
    InvasionFleetManager.getManager().modifyinvasionGracePeriod("HIVER", 365);
}

}
[close]

Any help in this or if it is actually doable would be appreciated.
Thank you.
There's no API method for changing grace period like that (you are using an IDE, right? it would tell you this) and invasion grace period isn't faction-specific in any case.

You could modify a faction's invasion points with the following code, maybe have an EveryFrameScript or an EconomyTickListener depressing Hivers' invasion point income for a year or so:
Code: java
InvasionFleetManager.getManager().modifySpawnCounter(<factionId>, <points (negative amounts to reduce)>);

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: March 26, 2024, 03:43:36 AM »

Thank you for getting back to me, I will certainly look into it.

digitalizedMind

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: March 26, 2024, 04:17:01 AM »

Hmmm, no idea how that could happen, I'll see if it happens in my current playthrough. Did you end up hostile to Remnant fleets in other systems, and/or the faction as a whole?

Some details I recall:
- Didn't check my rep at the time because I didn't think it was possible, but as I was typing this I realized I could've remotely called Midnight (not sure what mod adds this feature)
- Our relationship was inhospitable last I remember before starting the mission
- I changed my faction commission (from VRI to Spindle) shortly before starting the mission
- I used the console mod to forcefully adjust the relationship after remnant fleets started chasing me
- I started farming AI cores immediately after the mission ended to see how they like it so they would've been hostile anyway after I left the system. (Never knew why but remnant fleets can always identify you, even if your transponder is off and you don't have ziggy in your fleet.)

Snowy-Birb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: March 31, 2024, 06:32:50 PM »

Just a question to make sure if this is intended behavior or not.

I've made it so that factions can't invade or make colonies until I've made a colony using the provided settings this is the only change I've made. However, in both long-term games I've played during early to mid Cycle 208, Garnir suffers deterioration, then decivilization, with many of the smaller Pirate bases following soon after.

Is this behavior intended if you disable Invasions, or is there something else I'm missing?

Matheld

• Lieutenant
  • Warm to the Touch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: March 31, 2024, 06:49:39 PM »

I've made it so that factions can't invade or make colonies until I've made a colony using the provided settings this is the only change I've made. However, in both long-term games I've played during early to mid Cycle 208, Garnir suffers deterioration, then decivilization, with many of the smaller Pirate bases following soon after.

Is this behavior intended if you disable Invasions, or is there something else I'm missing?

Devcivs happen when a planet is unstable for a long period of time. This mostly happen either after invasions (which you've turned off) if you can't get a handle on the situation.
Or if the enemy keeps raiding and tac/sat bombing the planets.

So it's a bit of a weird one, instead of trying to invade the planets and stations of pirates and their enemies. They will just go and bomb the *** out of them. And since Pirates are hated by everyone, and are very decentralised with everyone at war with them.. relief fleets to stop devics from happening rarely make it there.

float

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: March 31, 2024, 10:34:00 PM »

API request: can you expose (or create a getter for) claimsHistory in InsuranceIntelV2? I’m writing something that’s susceptible to insurance fraud when combined with this mod, and would like to implement a (non-reflective) way to handle such scenarios. Thanks!

holyjay

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: April 01, 2024, 06:14:34 PM »

Can the setting to allow/disallow starting markets to be invaded be adjusted mid-game? Or does it only take effect at game start?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5932 on: April 02, 2024, 03:40:36 AM »

Markets will only decivilize their stability is at zero for extended periods of time (at least 16 months), which should only happen when someone is actively raiding or otherwise disrupting the place. Are the pirate markets being regularly raided (although this shouldn't happen unless the pirate invasions setting is enabled)?

You can check the tooltips for the stability bar and the recent unrest to see what's causing their stability loss.

API request: can you expose (or create a getter for) claimsHistory in InsuranceIntelV2? I’m writing something that’s susceptible to insurance fraud when combined with this mod, and would like to implement a (non-reflective) way to handle such scenarios. Thanks!
Sure, I'll add a getter later :)

Can the setting to allow/disallow starting markets to be invaded be adjusted mid-game? Or does it only take effect at game start?
It'll apply midgame, like with most other settings.

BFEL

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: April 02, 2024, 05:03:50 AM »

Garnir deciv
If you think that's bad, I had SEVERAL games in the last version where SINDRIA deciv'd
Fuel prices skyrocketed like they did IRL

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: April 02, 2024, 08:03:32 AM »

Is there anything happening to being friend with remnants?

AllanV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: April 02, 2024, 08:54:53 PM »

Garnir deciv
If you think that's bad, I had SEVERAL games in the last version where SINDRIA deciv'd
Fuel prices skyrocketed like they did IRL

I've been babysitting Askonia on my current game because they just keep losing for some reason. I had to do something because rhe Sindria crisis won't start.

It's weird how events pan out when off-screen. At one point, I had 4 defence fleets orbiting Volturn and somehow the invasion fleet still got to the ground and won. But when I reloaded and went there personally, it was just one lonely Heg invasion fleet that only has cruisers and Atlases.

Ofc, since I'm already watching, my defence fleets along with one Sindrian Grand fleet were suddenly motivated to work and pummeled it to oblivion. It wasn't "evenly matched" as the reports claimed.

goldmaster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: April 03, 2024, 01:44:52 PM »

I don't know if this was reported earlier but my game crashes when next raid spawns. Here's the log:
Spoiler
387923 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager  - Spawning raid fleet for Legio Infernalis; source Melchiresa; target Raesvelg
387923 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.raid.NexRaidIntel  - Creating raid intel
387924 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager  - Preparing to deduct 14039.999 invasion points for event RAID
388837 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
389099 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity.readResolve(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.addCustomEntity(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.Objectives.build(Objectives.java:372)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.themes.BaseAssignmentAI$2.run(BaseAssignmentAI.java:305)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.AssignmentModule.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.ModularFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

McMuster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: April 03, 2024, 05:33:55 PM »

Say, if I run with luna option that disables diplomacy will that allow vanilla's hostilities system where factions will occasionally start fights to run?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5938 on: April 04, 2024, 03:08:17 AM »

Do I have to check every invasion to see if the autoresolve strength at least vaguely resembles what gets spawned when the player is nearby? Welp, might have to do at least a few to see if this is a frequent issue.

Is there anything happening to being friend with remnants?
Next version having Midnight as a contact will prevent the Remnant component of colony crises. No other changes planned.

Say, if I run with luna option that disables diplomacy will that allow vanilla's hostilities system where factions will occasionally start fights to run?
Nyet
(could add it back with a console runcode I'm not typing out right now)

I don't know if this was reported earlier but my game crashes when next raid spawns. Here's the log:
Spoiler
387923 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager  - Spawning raid fleet for Legio Infernalis; source Melchiresa; target Raesvelg
387923 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.raid.NexRaidIntel  - Creating raid intel
387924 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager  - Preparing to deduct 14039.999 invasion points for event RAID
388837 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
389099 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity.readResolve(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.Objectives.build(Objectives.java:372)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.themes.BaseAssignmentAI$2.run(BaseAssignmentAI.java:305)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.AssignmentModule.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.ModularFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]
Looks like a patrol trying to build an objective type that doesn't exist on a stable location, and crashing as a result. I couldn't tell you which mod is causing the problem though.

vicegrip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: April 04, 2024, 08:36:11 PM »

For modding, is there a way to reset the reputation locks that are set by exerelinFactionConfig mid game?
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 399