Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3052702 times)

Tyrgalon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.5 "Sierra Nevada" (update 2022-07-17)
« Reply #4815 on: August 21, 2022, 05:26:53 AM »

A planet having all its demand met will be stronger, but at some point the only thing that will help is more/bigger planets and more industry.

Requested colony expeditions IIRC always go to the player, but you can go to the resulting planet and transfer it to your faction.

I actually got a couple of big hauls of resources and just dumped it all on my comission factions capital even if it payed less, they pretty soon after started actually actively doing things so feeding a strugling faction resources to buff its economy actually works :D

And thanks for the colony info.

Yawb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: August 22, 2022, 02:39:11 PM »

Hello.

I have a config suggestion if you are open to it.

Basically i would like a option to disable invasions until i finish the main storyline and recieve the janus device, would this be doable or do you think its a redundant thing to have? I usually like to take my time in my playthroughs and not focus on planet building at first.

I feel like i can't do that in nexerelin because the invasions happen so quickly with hemogeny taking everything since i play the game mostly vanilla. I think this option would give me time to prepare to join in the battles between the factions after i'm done with the main story.

Thanks

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: August 22, 2022, 03:05:30 PM »

Hello.

Basically i would like a option to disable invasions until i finish the main storyline and recieve the janus device, would this be doable or do you think its a redundant thing to have? I usually like to take my time in my playthroughs and not focus on planet building at first.

I feel like i can't do that in nexerelin because the invasions happen so quickly with hemogeny taking everything since i play the game mostly vanilla. I think this option would give me time to prepare to join in the battles between the factions after i'm done with the main story.

Thanks

Technically, story relevant planets are exempt from invasions, but you are correct that if you only have nex, Hegemony gets a pop victory quickly. For many people that use faction mods, however, this steamroll doesn't happen because there is an enemy that tanks Hegemony invasions (LoA, Legio).

Yawb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: August 23, 2022, 04:22:20 PM »

Hello.

Another idea of mine is to enable invasions after you create your own faction. This would let me build my fleet then start building a planet when im ready to start battling other factions.

Thanks

Technically, story relevant planets are exempt from invasions, but you are correct that if you only have nex, Hegemony gets a pop victory quickly. For many people that use faction mods, however, this steamroll doesn't happen because there is an enemy that tanks Hegemony invasions (LoA, Legio).

I prefer to play the game with vanilla ships, its odd to me that this mod would be balanced around having other faction mods to be balanced. Does the mod author have an intended list of faction mods i should be running along side this mod?

So yeah, my suggestion i hope is still an open possibility and maybe including a hegemony nerf for those playing mostly vannila / without killing storymode for those who prefer it.
I also have another idea for an option that would be nice; invasions start after you create your own faction! thoughts?

Currently, im running this to try slow it down in the config.
pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet": 527000
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 09:37:45 AM by Yawb »

Setmaster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: August 23, 2022, 11:07:22 PM »

Are there instructions on yow to increase sector density with Nexerelin? I see people mentioning it is possible if random core gen is used, but the random gen options only allows inhabited/controlled systems to be added.

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: August 25, 2022, 03:30:21 AM »

As always, thank you very much Histidine for your relentless and quality efforts for the community.

One question: What is meant with the "new MagicLib asteroid plugin"? I couldn't find anything with forum search.

BeyondTheHorizon

• Commander
  • Grand Admiral of the Galactic Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: August 25, 2022, 06:31:36 AM »

May I ask what to do/config to make mod faction actually be truly able to disable on start? I found the mod factions are still there even though I've disabled them when starting a new game. I guess generating systems and the markets with script may ignore nexerelin settings and force the faction's system and market to spawn?

Which mod faction? Is there any reason you can't uncheck the mod in the mod manager?
Sorry for the late reply. I've tried the Hegemony subfaction from Vayra's sector, Diable Avionics they didn't disable and my mod consists of multiple factions and a player said he want to disable a certain faction from my mod.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4822 on: August 25, 2022, 06:09:59 PM »

Hello.

Another idea of mine is to enable invasions after you create your own faction. This would let me build my fleet then start building a planet when im ready to start battling other factions.

Thanks

I prefer to play the game with vanilla ships, its odd to me that this mod would be balanced around having other faction mods to be balanced. Does the mod author have an intended list of faction mods i should be running along side this mod?

So yeah, my suggestion i hope is still an open possibility and maybe including a hegemony nerf for those playing mostly vannila / without killing storymode for those who prefer it.
I also have another idea for an option that would be nice; invasions start after you create your own faction! thoughts?

Currently, im running this to try slow it down in the config.
pointsRequiredForInvasionFleet": 527000
I'll just say that I don't have any recommended list of faction mods, or a design expectation that people play Nex with mods. I should probably try running a few hands-off games with an unmodded sector and see if Hegemony regularly stomps other factions; if they do a direct nerf of some kind may be in order. Maybe I'll also add a setting to tie invasions to Academy quest completion.

Depending on whether you care about markets changing hands or just the victory screen appearing prematurely, you could try the enableInvasions and enableVictory settings respectively in the config.

Are there instructions on yow to increase sector density with Nexerelin? I see people mentioning it is possible if random core gen is used, but the random gen options only allows inhabited/controlled systems to be added.
The more factions there are, the bigger the central constellation gets, but beyond that the mod you want is Adjusted Sector.

One question: What is meant with the "new MagicLib asteroid plugin"? I couldn't find anything with forum search.
Beta MagicLib (don't think it's available on forum) introduces a custom asteroid belt plugin which used to cause problems with Nex code looking for a certain parameter in the vanilla belt plugin. I expect the release version of MagicLib will fix this.

May I ask what to do/config to make mod faction actually be truly able to disable on start? I found the mod factions are still there even though I've disabled them when starting a new game. I guess generating systems and the markets with script may ignore nexerelin settings and force the faction's system and market to spawn?

Which mod faction? Is there any reason you can't uncheck the mod in the mod manager?
Sorry for the late reply. I've tried the Hegemony subfaction from Vayra's sector, Diable Avionics they didn't disable and my mod consists of multiple factions and a player said he want to disable a certain faction from my mod.
Current versions of Diable Avionics spawn their non-random systems in random sector regardless of the setting*. The Vayra's Sector factions shouldn't appear at start if disabled, but will still spawn using their VSector colonial mechanics. Most/all other factions should work; try it with a vanilla faction like Hegemony.
*If your own mod's faction has the same problem, first post of this thread should explain how to check for random sector before generating systems

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: August 25, 2022, 09:37:13 PM »

Current versions of Diable Avionics spawn their non-random systems in random sector regardless of the setting*. The Vayra's Sector factions shouldn't appear at start if disabled, but will still spawn using their VSector colonial mechanics. Most/all other factions should work; try it with a vanilla faction like Hegemony.
*If your own mod's faction has the same problem, first post of this thread should explain how to check for random sector before generating systems
Diable at least doesn't do this anymore. I just made a random core game and disabled them and they were gone. In another random core save they didn't have the non-random systems. I don't use vayra's sector though so there be something there.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4824 on: August 26, 2022, 09:02:11 AM »

Oh huh current Diable does disable properly. I, uhh, must've not been paying attention recently.

Anyway here's a fix .jar (place in Nexerelin/jars) for compatibility with the hyperspace setting in the new version of Adjusted Sector. Also fixes a few other bugs I won't list here yet.

Cegorach

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: August 26, 2022, 07:16:19 PM »

Hi, just a preamble before starting this, but naturally I must express my gratitude towards you for making this mod, it's vastly expanded my enjoyment of the game and it's entirely irreplaceable.

I'll just say that I don't have any recommended list of faction mods, or a design expectation that people play Nex with mods. I should probably try running a few hands-off games with an unmodded sector and see if Hegemony regularly stomps other factions; if they do a direct nerf of some kind may be in order. Maybe I'll also add a setting to tie invasions to Academy quest completion.

I could have sworn you addressed this before and dismissed it for some reason, but I must say that this has certainly been my experience.  Ironically my first game was a Persean victory, but since then, I've experienced constant, almost immediate Hegemonic victories.  My second game was a Hegemonic victory in two years, and my third was a victory in two months.  The next game also ended in months, and my current game 'ended' in a few years.  I have an almost exclusively vanilla game, as I'm trying to integrate mods slowly, and I'm only using low impact ones right now.

Depending on whether you care about markets changing hands or just the victory screen appearing prematurely, you could try the enableInvasions and enableVictory settings respectively in the config.

Right, I'll try that.  I might suggest having an armestice at the start of the game that prevents wars from being fought for a few years so the player can establish themselves.

Edit: Also I'm having some trouble with my special task force.  They don't listen to my instructions at all, and always do what they want.  I've tried turning off and on independent mode, but they never listen to me.

Next: I've got a few suggestions on how to tackle this issue if you're interested, otherwise ignore this

1. Alliance victories. I'm not sure these are in the spirit of the game.  While I agree that securing a victory through an alliance is more convenient, I think that if you're going to do this there needs to be a hurdle to integrate your two or more empires.
2. Delay to warfare, as mentioned above
3. Weighting only the core worlds.  A key problem with the Hegemony is because of how the colonisation works, they emit far more colonies into the sector than other factions, when this is an unbalancing factor, especially compared to other smaller factions.
4. I'm not sure domination victory being based on population is a good idea.  A population victory isn't wrong, it's a legitimate victory condition, but I don't think conquest is the best way to allow it. Population victory should be based on growth, or attracting new citizens.
5. Lastly the most obvious, but hardest solution would be to break up the bigger factions like Hegemony, Perseans, and maybe even neutrals into multiple factions.  I know it's not possible to set up internal politics, but turning those factions into multiple factions, maybe part of an alliance using your already existing alliance system.

For example Hegemony could be broken up into the 'Aztlani', Aztlan and their satellites; the 'outer worlds', the southern worlds who are less developed, and the 'Core worlds', who are more developed, and more cosmopolitan.  Give them a bonus towards maintaining their alliance and forming an alliance with each other, and job's done.

P.S: I think the industrial victory could use some work, but it's not a pressing issue yet like domination.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 07:19:06 PM by Cegorach »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4826 on: August 27, 2022, 06:37:21 AM »

Are you on 0.10.5? Special task groups not obeying orders in particular was something specifically fixed in this version, although they can still have trouble with navigating a route or following the player.

Regarding premature Hegemony victories: on default settings it's no longer possible for Hegemony to win within a couple of months, or indeed the first year, even if they ally with League at the start (due to the changed contribution of allies to victory score).

I also ran a test game (three iterations of the same save from early cycle 206) with a minimally modded save (Nex + libraries and utilities) and let it run until cycle 210. In all of these, Hegemony had expanded somewhat but not enough to get the victory screen.

Game 1
As of March 210 Hegemony has taken Cruor, Skathi and Salamanca, and allied with Luddic Church.
Hegemony population score and required amount to win: 90/103

Game 2
I only noticed to stop this one in November 210. Hegemony has taken Sindria, Cruor and Skathi. Church allied with League instead this time.
Hegemony population score: 85/123

Game 3
March 210, Hegemony has taken the entire Askonia system and removed the Diktat (which Church had allied with), along with Skathi. League allied with TT.
Score: 88/115

Based on this limited set, Hegemony victory appears inevitable in the long term but takes considerably longer than four cycles to happen. During this time, the player can easily complete a bunch of things they want to do (including the entire Academy quest series) and intervene to reverse the trend if so desired.

Given the invasion mechanics, there's also a physical limit to how quickly Hegemony can expand even if it wins every invasion. If people are still having rapid Hegemony victories in 0.10.5, I'm not sure how or why that might be occurring.

3. Weighting only the core worlds.  A key problem with the Hegemony is because of how the colonisation works, they emit far more colonies into the sector than other factions, when this is an unbalancing factor, especially compared to other smaller factions.
Hegemony has no bonus to its colonisation frequency, and due to the random picking of factions for colony expeditions it has no particular expectation of being the fastest to expand in this way. (And even if it did, at an average of five new colonies every four years this isn't a great buff in the short term)

Tested with the new game option to generate extra colonies at start (numbers are the new colonies by each faction, in two different games):
luddic_church: 6
tritachyon: 13
persean: 13
hegemony: 12
sindrian_diktat: 6

luddic_church: 6
tritachyon: 7
persean: 18
hegemony: 11
sindrian_diktat: 8

Kragh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: August 27, 2022, 08:09:24 AM »

With the new alliance score balance, I don't think instant hegemony victory is going to be a problem anymore.

Russko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: August 28, 2022, 12:50:08 PM »

When i try to launch the mod (the only others are "a new level of confidence 30", magiclib,lazulib e this one nexerelin), and with all the others it work fine but with nexerelin it crash just after launch when it start the loading and it says:
Fatal:com/fs/starfare/api/campaign/CustomVisualDialogDelegate
Cause: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign. CustomVisualDialogDelegate
Ceck starsector.log for more info

this is the log i found:

14232 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CustomVisualDialogDelegate
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CustomVisualDialogDelegate
   at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.getCommandClass(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Rules.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.CustomVisualDialogDelegate
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 14 more

I Have no idea how to solve it and i din't anithing in the FAQ tread for this kind of problems

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: August 28, 2022, 02:48:51 PM »

When i try to launch the mod (the only others are "a new level of confidence 30", magiclib,lazulib e this one nexerelin), and with all the others it work fine but with nexerelin it crash just after launch when it start the loading and it says:
Fatal:com/fs/starfare/api/campaign/CustomVisualDialogDelegate
Cause: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign. CustomVisualDialogDelegate
Ceck starsector.log for more info

this is the log i found:

14232 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CustomVisualDialogDelegate
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CustomVisualDialogDelegate
   at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.getCommandClass(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.super.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Rules.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.CustomVisualDialogDelegate
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 14 more

I Have no idea how to solve it and i din't anithing in the FAQ tread for this kind of problems

Make sure you have the required library mods too.
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 399