Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 394

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3000664 times)

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.3b "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-09-11)
« Reply #4140 on: September 11, 2021, 01:32:14 PM »

The new update looks amazing. You are our hero Histidine!

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: September 11, 2021, 01:52:10 PM »

Got a pair of questions after getting myself used to this amazing system:

Is there a downside to sailing away from the planet during the real time battle other than being unable to use certain abilities? Do response fleets do something special (besides obstructing certain abilities) ?

By the way, it just hit me that these are actually the ground battles that people have been clamoring for almost 10 years now. This blows vanilla's raids out of the water, and I love how the planet wrap-around texture is used to create a planetary battle map, very smart and elegant.

This was worth the wait.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4142 on: September 11, 2021, 06:36:01 PM »

Thanks for the praise, everyone!

[skipping over questions that were answered by me or others on Discord]

Is there a downside to sailing away from the planet during the real time battle other than being unable to use certain abilities? Do response fleets do something special (besides obstructing certain abilities) ?
You lose bonuses from the Ground Support hullmod and similar, so that can cost a fair bit of combat power. Also enemy fleets flying uncontested near the target will let the enemy use the Fire Support and (depending on the fleet's ECM rating) Electronic Warfare abilities, which could be pretty nasty for your troops on the ground.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: September 11, 2021, 08:07:32 PM »

You lose bonuses from the Ground Support hullmod and similar, so that can cost a fair bit of combat power. Also enemy fleets flying uncontested near the target will let the enemy use the Fire Support and (depending on the fleet's ECM rating) Electronic Warfare abilities, which could be pretty nasty for your troops on the ground.

I didn't even realize the enemy could use those abilities too. This really ties the campaign layer and any space battle above to the whole operation, it's even better than I thought.
30$

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: September 13, 2021, 12:56:05 AM »

The faction directory (Z on the campaign map, or special functions submenu when docked at a colony) prints the total size of the selected faction.
Thanks!

ceemeeoh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: September 13, 2021, 10:20:32 AM »

Every time I step away from the game waiting for an Alex update (insert skeleton.gif here), folks like you update and keep me sticking around. 

Love the addition!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.3c "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-09-18)
« Reply #4146 on: September 17, 2021, 08:28:11 PM »

:thumbs up:

Anyway the last version could crash under certain circumstances related to ground battles, so here's an update:

Nexerelin v0.10.3c
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
## v0.10.3c ##
* Ground battle:
    * Military-type structures will not be disrupted by fire support
    * NPCs can't use fire support ability on invalid targets
    * Militia being "unleashed" (able to move to other industries) now reported in intel popup and log, reduce turns needed (now market size×2, was 15 + size×4)
    * Agents display info on the local garrison in their intel item
    * Fix CTD when rebel units don't have a faction defined
    * Don't play combat sound on turn update if no combat occurred the last turn
* Mercenaries:
    * Increase average S-mods of most merc companies by 1
    * Theft prevention: Merc ships can't be sold (transaction will be reversed immediately), and will disappear at contract end if placed in storage
* Add a historian offer for finding coronal hypershunts
* Add a "surprise" for finding a shunt (with or without historian)
* If sat bombing leaves a market over its max industry count, the cheapest industry will be removed
* Add "Militia Power" rule for Unofficial New Game Plus
* Don't launch faction respawn invasions if `enableInvasions` is false in config
* Ceasefire offers can be handled directly from the popup dialog
* Victory state can be removed from the intel item; removed the old console command to do this
[close]

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: September 18, 2021, 06:01:28 PM »

I've got another pair of questions regarding "miningVariantsOrWings":

Can it be added to the "player" faction config file and will it work as with other factions for the player's own faction's mining fleets?

Can a variant of a hull that isn't available to a faction at the start be added on that list and will the faction start using it if they "learn" the hull later?
30$

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4148 on: September 18, 2021, 08:17:44 PM »

I've got another pair of questions regarding "miningVariantsOrWings":

Can it be added to the "player" faction config file and will it work as with other factions for the player's own faction's mining fleets?

Can a variant of a hull that isn't available to a faction at the start be added on that list and will the faction start using it if they "learn" the hull later?
You can add miners to the player faction config, yeah.

You can also add miners to a faction and it'll spawn them despite it not knowing those hulls/wings (another reason I ought to migrate to using ship roles, welp).

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: September 19, 2021, 12:52:51 AM »

A suggestion:
It would be nice if one could tie in the new landbattle “mini game” into the existing rebellion mechanic. For example, after a planet is conquered, rebels could potentially capture industries/structures which would require further military involvement to take back. If a rebellion takes over all structures on a colony, the rebellion succeeds. This could make rebellions more interesting as a mechanic and actually pose a danger to factions/the player, since as by default currently all rebellions will fail without player intervention, they are nothing but -5 stability annoyances to the player.

I might be pushing my luck a little here, but something else that could be added is a sort of “public approval” mechanic for rebellions; basically, how the planet’s general populace views their current government vs a rebellion(if applicable). It could ebb and flow based on stability of the market, unrest, agent actions, atrocities(especially true for the player), anything that could affect stability would also affect approval. In fact, the alignment of the former government could very well also affect approval ratings. A government with low enough approval is prone to being overthrown by rebellions; in fact, with sufficiently low approval a rebellion might form on a planet to overthrow the existing authority. The approval could affect the outcome of a rebellion, with a new government being supported if the old one had low approval, or vice versa for old governments with high approval.

bobbob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: September 20, 2021, 11:16:41 AM »

Guys, I have a problem here, If I press the "Consider Military Opt."
The game Crash

Mods that I'm using
Trailer Moments
A new level of confidence
Adjustable skill threshold
Autosave
beyond the sector
captain log
combat chatter
Console commands
DIY planets
detailed combat result
Diable avionics
fluffy ship pack
furry portrait pack
Industrial evoulation
Nexerelin
oculian armada
oculian pirates
Planetary shield: access control
portrait pack
SAD
Scy Nation
Supply forge
Terraforming and station construction
transfer all items
unknown skies
unofficial new game plus
ZZ audio plus
ZZ graphic lib

Description
I moved to engage a pirates plant, there is no station around it, I destroyed the surrounding fleet, once I click consider military option, the game crash
planet type is a metallic moon.
the planet does not have any Industrial evolution building so I don't think it's the cause.
I tried attacking another colony which is a water world "Vanilla Type World", the game didn't crash
I tested that again by attacking another metallic-type planet "unknown skies world" and the game crashed.
the only mod I think that can change the military options is Nexerelin and the one that adds those planets is unknown skies, I think there is a conflict between them.
I noticed that Nexerelin added maps for ground battles in his newest update, I suspect that the problem is that Nexerelin is crashing the game once I attack a planet that was added by unknown skies.
I really want to play the game but this holds me back, as I'm already advanced in the game, and I can't remove unknown skies...
I'm trying to upload the 32Mb log to pastbin.com but the internet is so slow, going to edit once it's completed. edit. it said it was to long so here is the last lines
Spoiler
44899 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.isInsignificant(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CampaignFleetAPI;)Z
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.isInsignificant(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CampaignFleetAPI;)Z
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.Nex_MarketCMD.showDefenses(Nex_MarketCMD.java:377)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.MarketCMD.execute(MarketCMD.java:318)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.Nex_MarketCMD.execute(Nex_MarketCMD.java:140)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.A.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.C.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:51)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:57)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBes t(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:177)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionS elected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:210)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.V$1.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

EDIT: Thanks to Histidine, Updating the game to the latest release solved the problem...

duo to the nature of this mod, This MOD needs the latest game version + MagicLib + LazyLib
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 01:54:47 AM by bobbob »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4151 on: September 21, 2021, 07:26:41 AM »

A suggestion:
It would be nice if one could tie in the new landbattle “mini game” into the existing rebellion mechanic. For example, after a planet is conquered, rebels could potentially capture industries/structures which would require further military involvement to take back. If a rebellion takes over all structures on a colony, the rebellion succeeds. This could make rebellions more interesting as a mechanic and actually pose a danger to factions/the player, since as by default currently all rebellions will fail without player intervention, they are nothing but -5 stability annoyances to the player.

I might be pushing my luck a little here, but something else that could be added is a sort of “public approval” mechanic for rebellions; basically, how the planet’s general populace views their current government vs a rebellion(if applicable). It could ebb and flow based on stability of the market, unrest, agent actions, atrocities(especially true for the player), anything that could affect stability would also affect approval. In fact, the alignment of the former government could very well also affect approval ratings. A government with low enough approval is prone to being overthrown by rebellions; in fact, with sufficiently low approval a rebellion might form on a planet to overthrow the existing authority. The approval could affect the outcome of a rebellion, with a new government being supported if the old one had low approval, or vice versa for old governments with high approval.
Hmm. I feel like the point of insurgency warfare is that the insurgents don't typically come out in the open where they're exposed to the full strength of the standing army, which is the sort of warfare the land battle minigame models. (And if rebellions worked this way, the player forces would probably pulp them easily in the minigame, either that or players start wondering why the rebels didn't appear during the actual invasion)

That said, I'm now imagining a concept where a ground battle is indeed the "climax" of a rebellion, where large numbers of rebel units spawn against a weakened planetary garrison, and the player has to intervene using their own forces to prevent them from taking over the colony. If the government wins here, the rebellion ends right away with some lingering unrest.

On the approval idea: Rebellions are already added tied to stability (low stability planets are likely to see rebellions, and low stability makes rebels stronger in an ongoing rebellion). I could add an effect from the atrocity counter, if I decided I want to punish people who sat bomb the core worlds into extinction. That'd be funny.
More generally, if I ever get around to doing faction social policies (like Civilization and such) that'd most likely influence rebellions.

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: September 21, 2021, 04:32:33 PM »

Regarding that, there are, in the real world, governments that got kicked out and still managed to eventually claw back their power through guerilla warfare(see contemporary affairs in the middle east), so it seems more likely than it seems. There are also governments that had their roots in rebellion movements.

More or less, it just seems quite unnatural that all rebellions flop immediately if the player doesn’t help them, and as well as the effort of helping rebellions massively overshadowing the effort needed to just retake the planet themselves.

Zonk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: September 23, 2021, 08:30:19 AM »

I love this mod so much! It has added so much to my current playthrough I'm not ever sure how I could have done without it.

My favorite current activity is sending maxed invasion fleet after fleet to Hegemony worlds and then giving them to the Independents after I seize them. It's nice that the Independents won't be the subject of invasions or wars. Thank you Independents for never raiding or invading my colonies!

I love how you can send colonies to other factions. It makes me feel like I'm freeing the sector from the Hegemony menace without saturation bombing them out of the history books or becoming a tyrant over these colonies myself.

Also, the "Special Task Groups" are such a cool idea, and are very scary before the endgame. I got a 3 S-mods Legion out of one after a brutal fight and it was the most amazing feeling. Another Special Task Group randomly managed to intercept and ruin an invasion fleet of mine just by pure chance. Emergent things like this make Nex such an awesome mod! Thanks for making it and sharing it with us!

memeextremist

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: September 23, 2021, 04:54:36 PM »

Hey, Histidine. I'm getting a CTD when trying to invade a luddic church planet after deploying a unit. I haven't had any problems invading anyone else. If I don't deploy, the raid is cancelled.  Thank you, and everyone involved for all your hard work o>

here's the pastebin: https://pastebin.com/U0kZLFej
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 394