Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Any seen a tug in 0.6a campaign?  (Read 6901 times)

rex

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Any seen a tug in 0.6a campaign?
« on: September 16, 2013, 08:41:56 AM »

It seems like a fun mechanic, and one that would be useful in the current balance. With supplies so valuable, freighters are very valuable. With the new tech tree OP detuning you can no longer fit both Augmented Engines and Unstable Injectors on any of them.  A tug would be a nice solution for maintaining the Max Burn needed to chases down more middle sized fleets.

I haven't seen a single one in a fleet or a station.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Any seen a tug in 0.6a campaign?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 08:53:30 AM »

Have you visited Askonia? They carry tugs (and construction rigs) there. (Unless they happened to be out of stock; knowing this game I wouldn't put it past them.)

rex

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 09:00:48 AM »

Half a dozen times, yes. I know they are supposed to be there, but I have only seen construction rigs.

I'll keep looking then.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 09:21:14 AM »

Construction rigs and tugs only appear in Askonia, pay them a visit once in a while, they should be there.

736b

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 09:36:56 AM »

I've occasionally seen a tug at the Hegemony station, too.

Sordid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 02:26:06 PM »

Construction rigs and tugs only appear in Askonia, pay them a visit once in a while, they should be there.
Do the construction rigs actually do anything? How many do you need for them to make a meaningful difference for, say, an Onslaught?

Hotshot3434

• Ensign
  • "Time For Some Thrilling Heroics"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 03:09:39 PM »

I have yet to find a tug and it is driving me insane! I've got my Onslaught class capital ship fully armed and ready to take on the universe, but it cant even keep pace with other capital ships. So far i have spent nearly 2 in game months using my Apogee cruiser as a flagship instead as i search for a tug but none have appeared. Is there any trick to making them spawn other than waiting for the RNG gods to smile upon me?

Sordid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 03:12:01 PM »

Yeah, same. I keep checking all the orbital stations but there just aren't any tugs. Not even in Askonia. The Sindrian Diktat is offering to sell me like three of those one man pods that show up when you transfer command from ship to ship, that's about it.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 05:15:50 PM »

<shameless promotion>

Well you can always load up the Restock Mod: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=3650.0

I hear it refills the stations with ships and weapons so they don't run out. And it just got updated to .6

</shameless promotion>

:D

MidnightSun

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 05:21:09 PM »

I've gotten 2 tugs for my fleet from the Hegemony Orbital Station.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 09:08:23 PM »

yeah I pulled five at the same time from Askonia Command and Combat or whatever it is. No joke, five of them lined up. It's just random luck. Latest playthrough I have only seen two, but that might be because of mods adding extra ships?

Psygnosis

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 12:54:36 AM »

I was so hoping to throw an unstable injector in those tugs to get them to a semi-respectable MB7 but alas. forever relegated to "one day, ill make a fleet that isnt fast"

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 08:19:56 AM »

im about 3 years in game time into my current save.. was able to acquire 3 tugs rather early on from them. then didn't see another one till just recently. (1 day is 10 seconds if your curious) or somewhere at about 121 hours before i saw a 4th tug..
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

rex

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 08:57:47 AM »

I was so hoping to throw an unstable injector in those tugs to get them to a semi-respectable MB7 but alas. forever relegated to "one day, ill make a fleet that isnt fast"

Tugs get the frigate(I think) Navigation max burn increase, so I think they max out around 10 MB, when capitals are only getting a +1 or maaaaybe +2 out of the skill.  I'd have to load up the game to check.

Buffalo freighters are destroyers, so they get a pretty decent boost from navigation as well, which the cap freighter does see.

edit: maybe 6 hours in and I have 2 tugs.

736b

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »

Well, that's just bad luck. It's Feb 2, cycle 207 and I have two tugs in my fleet and six stored in the abandoned storage facility.
Pages: [1] 2