Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 141

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.644  (Read 923599 times)

Kiloman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.6
« Reply #1050 on: October 06, 2013, 01:38:15 AM »

@Plasmatic, looks like it's crashing on kadurtheocracy. Try disabling that?

@Zaphide - I think that maybe I'm running into a balance issue with Hiigaran Descendants, since that's what I've been playing with lately. It's a little short on frigates - once you take out the thing that's classed as a frigate but is really just an OP fighter, you're left with what's really just one hull kitmashed into two missile/kinetic variants.

For the time being I have removed hii_fiirkan_Standard from the starting ship choice, and added hii_vraan_Standard. It's a destroyer, and probably a bit much to start out with... but I was finding it almost impossible to take on any of the rebels with the existing selections.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 06, 2013, 01:42:34 AM »

@Plasmatic, looks like it's crashing on kadurtheocracy. Try disabling that?

@Zaphide - I think that maybe I'm running into a balance issue with Hiigaran Descendants, since that's what I've been playing with lately. It's a little short on frigates - once you take out the thing that's classed as a frigate but is really just an OP fighter, you're left with what's really just one hull kitmashed into two missile/kinetic variants.

For the time being I have removed hii_fiirkan_Standard from the starting ship choice, and added hii_vraan_Standard. It's a destroyer, and probably a bit much to start out with... but I was finding it almost impossible to take on any of the rebels with the existing selections.

then it crashes in Shadowyards instead, if i disable that, it's gedune.

If i disable Gedune it crashes on Bushi.. if i disable Bushi it crashes on "CharacterCreationPluginImpl" from Exerelin..

so um yeah..
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Kiloman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 06, 2013, 02:04:07 AM »

@Zaphide - I see what you're doing, you're starting with the generic fleet and then removing ships until it matches the same number of ships as the player, and then adding freighters. That would explain why I keep getting rebel fleets comprised of one cap ship or cruiser and one freighter up against my single frigate. :)

Trying to think of a better way to do it - if you're trying to give the player a challenge, maybe try to match deployment points instead? Sort the generic fleet by deployment points, remove the highest ships first until you're within say 200% of the player fleet, and then remove at random until you're within +/- 50% of the player DP? Not sure how that would work in practice, I might try it out if I have some time.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 06, 2013, 03:04:32 AM »

I think they might be scaling a little to aggressively - the rebels showed up literally seconds after the first mining fleet, before the station had any time to even pop out a defense fleet. They managed to chase off the mining fleets to the point where nothing was showing up in the station for me to buy. I spent a while kiting them across the map long enough to let the mining fleets unload, and eventually a defense fleet showed up but it was majorly outgunned by the rebels and after one fight that left only a civilian ship, spent all its time running away.

Hmmm perhaps although I think that is a valid outcome too. It is a fine line between providing a decent challenge, providing no challenge and providing an impossible challenge.

Also curious - are all rebels the same faction? It looked like some pirate rebels were also spawning, wondering if they're going to be friendly to me (enemy of my enemy sort of thing) or just hostile to everyone.

I appreciate the attempt at some low-level baddies to fight, but honestly I'm not sure that rebels work lore-wise for me. We just got here and are working hard to get established - isn't it a bit early for dissenters to be running off with fleets to attack their former brethren? Maybe instead, pick a faction (at random, or permanently borrow a faction from another mod, or allow a faction to be selected at spawn) to be the boogeymen, and spawn in fleets from hyperspace to harass the other factions? Or maybe they could start out well established in one of the systems, and be *** off about all the other factions showing up to colonize next door... Might be easy to provide matched-level challenges - every so often, pick a victim faction and starsystem, see what kind of resources they have there, and send in something that'll give them a workout.

Rebel are always hostile to everyone and possible ships are drawn from the faction that is 'winning' that system. They represent malcontents from the planets :) (eventually the planets will play a much larger role rather than the stations)

Admittedly that would probably be better but at the end of the day I'm not sure it would provide a great deal of difference to what we have now. Fairly soon the factions (unless really unlucky) outstrip the Rebel fleets substantially and it becomes a non-issue. The Rebel fleets do continue to provide a little bit of resource drain (due to losses fighting them).

I do know Java, I suppose I could put my money where my mouth is if you're interested...

Certainly :) I don't know Java much at all :( so there are probably quite a lot of WTF's!

On another topic - do some factions start out with more resources than others? Seems like occasionally I will see the Pirates or Hegemony running around with a giant fleet full of cap ships while everyone else is still just working on their second station.

Yeah it's related to the issue that when fleets resupply (as in, the AI fleets need more supplies/fuel) they actually unload supplies/fuel/extra crew/extra marines at stations they resupply at. It's very frustrating, and I don't think I can change it. Perhaps I can make all fleets resupply at a planet to fix it temporarily... Hmmm...

--- crash on load ---

It looks like your running without LazyLib? Or an old version of LazyLib? Please check that :)

I'm not sure how to get it to run in 64bit; I'm fairly sure there is a guide somewhere on this forum?

Yeah destroyer probably seems a bit much. Gotcha, if your reading this what is a good starting frigate for Hiigaran Descendants? :)

@Zaphide - I see what you're doing, you're starting with the generic fleet and then removing ships until it matches the same number of ships as the player, and then adding freighters. That would explain why I keep getting rebel fleets comprised of one cap ship or cruiser and one freighter up against my single frigate. :)

Trying to think of a better way to do it - if you're trying to give the player a challenge, maybe try to match deployment points instead? Sort the generic fleet by deployment points, remove the highest ships first until you're within say 200% of the player fleet, and then remove at random until you're within +/- 50% of the player DP? Not sure how that would work in practice, I might try it out if I have some time.

Haha yeah if it works and is better than that would be good :) I'm not sure that I want to provide an absolutely even challenge though. A lone capital ship with a freighter is a pretty juicy target anyway... :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 03:33:12 AM by Zaphide »

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.6
« Reply #1054 on: October 06, 2013, 03:17:35 AM »

Update time :)

[0.6.1a] Exerelin 0.61
Located here: https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/downloads/Exerelin_0.61.zip
Mainly a bug fix/stability release with a couple of new bits and bobs.

There is now an Alliance/Enemy report in each station that will list current allies/enemies of the stations owning factions. Save game corruption should now be fixed (unfortunately some performance may suffer, but I know what I would prefer...) . Supplies are now 1/4 of their original price (probably temporary until I get some kind of manufacturing from raw materials happening). Added a number of config options. Supplies dropped after battle are capped at 1.5 times your fleet cargo capacity (can be turned off/changed in the new exerelin_config.json file).

Note: Cycerin's Blackrock Drive Yards and mendonca's ASP Syndicate are now kind-of supported BUT there is a conflict with the CharacterCreationPluginImpl.java file (as the one from either of those mods overrides Exerelin's). Hopefully I can work out some kind of fix... Or someone will hopefully tell me I'm doing it wrong :)

Until then you will need to rename the data/scripts/plugin/CharacterCreationPluginImpl.java file extension something else when loading those mods with Exerelin. Remember to rename it back when not playing Exerelin! Also, the Black Rock Driveyards ModPlugin needs to be disabled in the mod_info.json file. Remember to change it back when not playing Exerelin! Please see the (soon to be updated) OP for details.

Full Change List
Code
 - Added 2 and 6 system options
 - Added faction alliance and faction enemy reports to stations
 - Added experience gain to mining

- Changed respawn ship to now be exactly which start ship was picked at start of game
 - Changed some Rebel fleets to more closely align to the players fleet size
 - Changed Rebels to spawn right from start of game
 - Player can no longer attack independent and neutral fleets
 - Fleets will now be correctly ordered from capital to fighters
 - Doubled the amount of resources transferred in Logistics Convoys
 - Sector generation will now only build wormholes if more than 1 system
 - Changed if one system is selected, planet/asteroid/station amounts selected at startup are actual rather than maximums
 - Reduced patrol fleets per station to 1
 - Set supply costs to 1/4 of vanilla starsector (see data/campaign/resources.csv to change)
 - Save compression is now on by default

- Updated support for Zorg
 - Added support for Kadur Theocracy (regime and insurgency)
 - Updated support for Gedune
 - Updated support for Syndicate ASP
 - Updated support for Hiigaran Descendants
 - Updated support for Bushi
 - Updated OmniFac to 1.8 (added OmniFac settings file)
 - Updated support for Balckrock Driveyards

- Added config settings (data/config/exerelin_config.json) for minimum planet/asteroid/station amounts
 - Added config setting to have OmniFactory spawn in a random system, on a random planet, off by default
 - Added config settings for station trading lockouts
 - Added config settings for supplies loot reduction
 - Added config settings for Asteroid mining

- Fixed crash with 'only respawn starting factions' option and vanilla only factions
 - Fixed Rebels from attacking omnifactory/storage
 - Fixed issue with command fleets not despawning when there are no station to takeover
 - Fixed issue with Command Fleets resupply location
 - Fixed Omnifactory free transfer
 - Fixed absurdly rare crash bug in AI fleet station capturing
 - Fixed issue with saboteur not correctly removing cargo/marines/crew/ships at station
 - Fixed issue with factions not using an allies station as resupply location in a system they are attacking
 - Fixed further issues with resupply locations for fleets
 - Fixed diplomacy messages to use correct faction name rather than id

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Exerelin - Dynamic Sector and Faction War - v0.61
« Reply #1055 on: October 06, 2013, 03:41:34 AM »

Cool update been waiting for this :D. To be honest i didn't mind using the omnifactory as my personal storage, would go out looking for nice ships and bring'em back to the factory to be replicated.
Going to give it a spin now  :D

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 06, 2013, 04:50:56 AM »

--- crash on load ---

It looks like your running without LazyLib? Or an old version of LazyLib? Please check that :)

I'm not sure how to get it to run in 64bit; I'm fairly sure there is a guide somewhere on this forum?

Oh wow, I am an idiot :P Selected all in the mods folder and just hit delete then when I went through and installed again apparently Lazylib completely slipped between the cracks.

Thanks!

EDIT: Loaded it all up and updated everything, including Exerelin..

This is the error I get when I try to start the game.

Seems to me the ship_data.xml file is empty of all ships aside from the shuttle?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 07:11:09 AM by Plasmatic »
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 06, 2013, 06:11:58 AM »

Small question, when selecting how many factions are with you initially does that mean that only those factions will be available, or will the rest come after 2-4 months ? For i example i selected 3 factions initially with a 2 month respawn, but i wasn't asked when the other factions were to come to Exerelin. Is that how it's supposed to work or am I missing something? Or will the other factions eventually spawn as well?

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 06, 2013, 06:25:50 AM »

Small question, when selecting how many factions are with you initially does that mean that only those factions will be available, or will the rest come after 2-4 months ? For i example i selected 3 factions initially with a 2 month respawn, but i wasn't asked when the other factions were to come to Exerelin. Is that how it's supposed to work or am I missing something? Or will the other factions eventually spawn as well?

I believe it will introduce the other factions over time with the respawn factor.. Eventually if all the factions stayed alive you would end up with all of them.

But I'm not sure.
- Maurice Switzer

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 06, 2013, 06:58:58 AM »

Hmm just got a new error:

Fatal: unable to create new native thread

the log output.
3908152 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished saving
3909111 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
   at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:597)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.TimeManager.runHourly$(TimeManager.java:77)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.TimeManager.advance(TimeManager.java:163)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 06, 2013, 07:00:07 AM »

Hmm just got a new error:

Fatal: unable to create new native thread

the log output.
3908152 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished saving
3909111 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
   at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:597)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.TimeManager.runHourly$(TimeManager.java:77)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.TimeManager.advance(TimeManager.java:163)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)

That looks like an Out of Memory issue. Do you know how to allocate more memory to Java?
- Maurice Switzer

Withering

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 06, 2013, 07:08:49 AM »

Been waiting for this update. Thanks a lot Zappy.

LarvaLounge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 06, 2013, 07:13:34 AM »

I appreciate the attempt at some low-level baddies to fight, but honestly I'm not sure that rebels work lore-wise for me. We just got here and are working hard to get established - isn't it a bit early for dissenters to be running off with fleets to attack their former brethren?

I kind of agree with this.  When I start a new game, I'm just waiting for the rebels to spawn so i have something to kill, but I don't feel great about it.  I'm biased since I come from a punk rock background and, well, given the choice I'd usually side with the rebellion.  I like the idea of the rebels, but I don't think it should necessarily be the default thing to fight in your home system at early game.

Pirates are overdone, sure.  They could provide a generic bad guy that can function exactly the same as your rebels (flying the ships of the faction that owns the system they are in) but aren't political in nature.  They are just outlaws.  In this wild space frontier, outlaws coming in droves right from the get makes more sense to me than political dissenters.

I'd rather have Pirates function this way (like rebels do now) rather than having them a faction.  They could spawn in any system that is occupied, regardless of how strong the occupying faction is.  Then reserve Rebels for mega empires, and perhaps have them less common overall, uprisings come and go.

Maybe these generic space pirates deserve a more clever name... but I'm tired and I'm not coming up with anything fabulous.

Also, I will confess to having read absolutely none of the lore (is there lore?) behind this game, so if any of my suggestions make no sense within that lore, my apologies.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 06, 2013, 07:20:30 AM »

Lore-wise, I see it like this:

After along and arduous journey, dissidents within your faction break off to set out to colonise worlds on their own. Having adopted their own ideas and beliefs.

Alternatively, with a faction like the Zorg or Bushi, I look at it as a malfunction within the faction's hierarchy. Leading to parts of the faction breaking off upon arrival in the system.

'Rebels' can be seen as any form of dissidence within your faction. Imagine how long the journey may have taken. It is possible that some formed their own ideas on how they should approach life upon arrival. In the case of an artificial group it is possible that something broke down during the journey; leading to some kind of malfunction that set some free from others.

DefiasOne

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 06, 2013, 07:24:55 AM »

Yes i believe modifying the -xmx  line in varparam is how to do that, however i can't increase it beyond 1024m... The game just won't start if I do that :(

1565198 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
   at sun.misc.Unsafe.allocateMemory(Native Method)
   at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(DirectByteBuffer.java:99)
   at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(ByteBuffer.java:288)
   at org.lwjgl.BufferUtils.createByteBuffer(BufferUtils.java:60)
   at org.lwjgl.BufferUtils.createFloatBuffer(BufferUtils.java:110)
   at sound.B.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.B.super(Unknown Source)

While being alt-tabed... i got this ^  ???

Also anyone else getting weird CTDs with no log info or error information?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 08:03:30 AM by DefiasOne »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 141