Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 482

Author Topic: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]  (Read 2226625 times)

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Spriters judgement thread [non-sprite art allowed]
« Reply #6825 on: May 13, 2017, 01:29:20 PM »

The ISS "Until David makes one for Vanilla" generic battlestation, now available at your Spiral arms store !

Spoiler

[close]

Although i'm not sure if i should instead makes the "arms" part of the combat modules, so it the whole station would break in a messy way instead of the current clean version. Something like that :

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 01:35:50 PM by HELMUT »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: May 13, 2017, 04:24:16 PM »

AxleMC131 thanks for help but I have one more request. Would you be willing to handle over your Tech on Budget mod? It looks interesting and I would be ready to finish it.
Also Buffalo sprite. Hand it over, pretty please.

Sure thing. Bear in mind it's a little messy since it was mostly concept work, and it also hasn't been upgraded from 0.7.2, so it'll need an overhaul. But there isn't much in it just yet, so you shouldn't have any trouble.

I'll set up a Mediafire download and PM you the link sometime soon.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: May 14, 2017, 06:52:05 PM »

Although i'm not sure if i should instead makes the "arms" part of the combat modules, so it the whole station would break in a messy way instead of the current clean version. Something like that :

I'm thinking make the modules as is for normal stations, then for pirate or D-class stations have the arms come off.

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #6828 on: May 14, 2017, 10:17:15 PM »

Finer version of [REDACTED], requesting for critiques:

WARNING: EXPLORATION CONTENT SPOILER AHEAD
Spoiler

Ray-class Remnant Droneship, now with a tail "stinger".
[close]

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: May 15, 2017, 02:52:38 AM »

Finer version of [REDACTED], requesting for critiques:

WARNING: EXPLORATION CONTENT SPOILER AHEAD
Spoiler

Ray-class Remnant Droneship, now with a tail "stinger".
[close]

The central 'node' head thing and the high points of the forward shield need to be less saturated and needs to be a smidge darker. The rear fin thingies also need to be a smidge darker and match the tail section. The gaps could also do with a smidge less saturation and a bit darker. Otherwise it's a pretty cool sprite.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: May 15, 2017, 01:54:27 PM »

My first kitbash, I decided to split the Tempest and make two symmetrical ships; one which fits visually with the sleet, high speed playstyle of a tempest (I gave it the mufflers lol) and remains the normal vanilla (only more aesthetically pleasing to me, yay symmetry!), and then am building a (light) destroyer in the aesthetic of a small, high-tech phase destoyer analogue to the Falcon & Eagle from the remaining Tempest parts. #1 is the part that I'm happy with, now I'm at a bump figuring out how I wanna handle the phase coils/midsection. Looking for advice/feedback before I put more hours into this on a midsection I might toss

Note: The destroyer (I'm calling it the Revenant for now) is gonna be; phase cloak, two tight-arced medium turrets and two medium hardpoints (I'm leaning towards ballistic turrets and missile hardpoints, but I might also test out hybrid mediums turrets and synergy hardpoints with a flux nerf) along with a pair of rear PD energy turrets, two hangers with permanent 0 replacement rate and Reserve Deployment.

Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: May 15, 2017, 02:17:12 PM »

Without description...
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: May 15, 2017, 10:26:46 PM »

Without description...

That ship seriously gives me some shadowyards vibes... Only, you know, more alien and more... orange ;D

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: May 15, 2017, 11:35:23 PM »

Its a good sprite, well drawn and with good shading. I particularly like the subtle paneling. However, it looks exactly like a certain female sexual organ. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, considering the prevalence of phallic spacecraft in general.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: May 16, 2017, 03:05:44 AM »

I like it. It feels very organic, like a molusc inside a shell. Particularly digging the colour choice - I know it's difficult for you to do, but you've done a good job.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: May 16, 2017, 03:48:15 AM »

This is definitely your best sprite yet.

Inotna

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: May 16, 2017, 04:23:51 AM »

My first SS ship! A battlecruiser that retains the triangle profile and turret placements (mostly) of the eagle. With side engines for maneuvering jets.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: May 16, 2017, 04:43:08 AM »

My first SS ship! A battlecruiser that retains the triangle profile and turret placements (mostly) of the eagle. With side engines for maneuvering jets.
Spoiler
[close]

Looks really good! My one issue is the base geometry doesn't really feel right, and this bleeds over to several visual inconsistencies that mildly bug me.

The centre of the ship's edges (blue) seem a bit too sharp and make the ship look flat. This is made slightly worse due to the edge of the central armour (orange) being too 'in line' with the wings, making it seem like the wings are awkwardly sitting out of the side of the ship. If the dark green wing section were brought out towards the edge, or the light green section brought in towards the centre, this 'line' would be broken, and it'd give the ship more depth. Alternatively just breaking up the edges of the armour in the orange section with a teeny bit of greebling, or reducing the shading between the 'wings' and the main central body will fix the issue.

The main body could also use a teeny bit more contrast to give it a bit more depth (crudely doen to the right hand side of the image). If an extra shade of dark was added between the shadow at the edge and the main tone, the structure would have more depth, and look way better.

Finally, the greebling (metal bits), bridge and wing sections are gorgeous, and the armour greebling (lines and panels) are amazingly done. You've done a pretty good job, reminiscent of ICE and Tritachyon. You've done a fine job, other then a few small sniggles.

Well done!

Inotna

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: May 16, 2017, 06:24:06 AM »

Wow, that's a very detailed comment.Thanks! I'll try to fix those 'wings'. I did add more contrast, but yeah maybe not enough. So those metal bits are called greebling? That's a new word for me.  Anyway,thanks again!

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: May 16, 2017, 09:35:51 AM »

This is quite impressive for a first sprite, a battlecruiser no less. I agree with Alfonzo though, the top half looks quite flat, and the contrast a bit weak (although Alfonzo clearly overdid it on the rear and side armor plates).

By the way, was it entirely hand-painted? Or kitbashed from some concept arts? Also, once you're done with it, i'll probably ask you if i can borrow it for kitbashing, there are some very interesting parts there.
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 482