Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 65

Author Topic: The Typo Thread  (Read 243295 times)

Yendorc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: The Typo Thread
« Reply #810 on: April 20, 2023, 06:51:01 AM »

The Historian talking about Kanta says:
>Oh yes, she had a name like anyone else once. One wonders if it's very expensive biomods or periodic cyrosleep that keeps her going.

should be cryosleep

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 05, 2023, 01:34:12 PM »

Just wanted to mention that the s-mod bonus descriptions for Additional Berthing, Auxiliary Fuel Tanks, and Expanded Cargo Holds have an unnecessary comma after "for". For example, for Additional Berthing:

"Doubles the crew capacity increase and, for, civilian hulls, negates the maintenance cost increase."

Cegorach

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 05, 2023, 10:26:36 PM »

The 'Luddic Pilgrim Transport' mission says that you're transporting a small 'part' (sic) of luddic pilgrims.  This is literally unplayable.

coolmandudebroguy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 06, 2023, 02:21:50 AM »

Hello on the section of the Luddic shrine quest on Hesperus when saying nothing to the patience guy (i forget his name) he says something along the lines of: "those who accomplice great acts test tfo the patience of the providence by taking great risk" (tfo is some extra word that showed up for me showed up for me).

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #814 on: May 06, 2023, 09:22:45 AM »

Trying to turn the
Spoiler
PK
[close]
in to the Diktat has mismatched option IDs between the dialog option and the rule that looks for it, so causes the 'no rule found' error.

In Knight Errant, the bit of text "And a lead: Mazalot" lacks a full stop at the end.

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 07, 2023, 11:51:13 AM »

During the new mission Knight Errant where you need to find a person on Chalcedon the quest giver says during dialogue that it lies in the Al Gebbar system; this is wrong as the planet is in the Kumari Kandam system.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 07, 2023, 07:48:15 PM »

I don't know if this is a typo; but at the end of the Ludd shrine visit and talking with Sophronia; I noticed the word Prosthelytize.  I admit that I have had to use google to look up the definition of a few words, but the closest I could find here is Proselytize (so just to be clear here, I didn't know the meaning of the word until looking it up).

Anyway, apologies in advance if this is correct and how it should be.

sYstem289

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 07, 2023, 11:44:18 PM »

There is a typo on the new launch-screen tip for s-mods. It says "Hullmods with a low ordnance point costs..."

jerri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 08, 2023, 05:35:17 AM »

The description for the typhoon reaper launcher still refers to its ammo count being 5, though it was increased to 7 in the most recent update.

Spoiler
[close]

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 08, 2023, 06:20:47 AM »

Thanks for the reports, everything above here has been fixed and/or noted to be fixed.

vicegrip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 08, 2023, 11:02:06 AM »

The Dragonfire Torpedo Pod extended description in the codex ends with .. two periods.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 08, 2023, 11:24:03 AM »

Thank you, fixed in-dev!

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 08, 2023, 04:47:52 PM »

Quoth Alvis Sebestyen, on returning with notice of a probe with a missing instrument package (the 'scooped out sphere' one): "I can't wait to see what the Quantum Chemistry makes of this."

Should probably be "the Quantum Chemistry Department" or perhaps "the eggheads over at Quantum Chemistry" or even just "Quantum Chemistry" (losing the 'the'), or something like that?

(Oh hey, and then Sebestyen offers me a new mission starting with "The Quantum Chemistry department has requested...", so maybe it should match that with a lower case d on 'department'.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

vicegrip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 08, 2023, 07:20:30 PM »

Not a typo per se but the recent revision to the Brilliant design and description text removing any mention of the fighter bay left a somewhat awkward repeat use of "typical" in the extended text. It also has an extra space after the end of the sentence but I don't think that's visible.

"Typical of high-end TriTachyon products, the Brilliant-class cruiser spares no excess in mounting the most advanced suite of energy weaponry possible. Typical of autonomous ships, there are no concessions made for human life support or even bodily access. Repairs are carried out by a swarm semi-intelligent utility drones which travel via zero-atmosphere conduits wormed through the ship's mass."

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 08, 2023, 07:30:42 PM »

Bar event on Jangala had a player option:
"Pilgrims? Is there some kind of shrine here?"

The officer response:
"Not here", the she says, eyes not leaving the protestors.

An extra the slipped into the sentence.  Or maybe was supposed to be rank but changed to he or she?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 65