Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New update  (Read 7453 times)

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
Re: New update
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2011, 01:45:24 PM »

oh, I thought it was done already XD

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 03:30:49 PM »

You don't have a large/unruly enough community to worry about showing WIP stuff.  It's only when people have invested lots of time and money or are just defensive pricks when WIP things get people into a frenzy of "WHAT NO THATS HORRIBLE I HATE YOU REV CHANGE IT BACK".

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 08:58:08 AM »

oh, I thought it was done already XD

It's mostly functional, but that's a long ways from done. Longer ways than "functional" is from "nonexistent", at any rate :)

You don't have a large/unruly enough community to worry about showing WIP stuff.  It's only when people have invested lots of time and money or are just defensive pricks when WIP things get people into a frenzy of "WHAT NO THATS HORRIBLE I HATE YOU REV CHANGE IT BACK".

Ahh, yeah, it's not that - more concerned about people seeing SF for the first time, and then, these things have a way of spreading. Every so often I'll see a *really* old screenshot pop up somewhere and it bugs me more than it should.

Edit: and the blog post is up.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:25:34 AM by Alex »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2011, 11:29:39 AM »

If that bothers you, you could have a "Starfarer work in progress" watermark on the bottom left or something.

cyborg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 07:40:46 PM »

Just checking back in to see what's going on. Very informative blog posts. Waiting until the fleet control gets implemented. or some informative documentation.

Baro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 06:57:19 PM »

This update should finish the last 2 missing components I think the game is lacking to be truly fun and move it from being a polished proof of concept and into a real game.  I'm really excited, I haven't been able to get into this game due to the lack of a mission builder or ship customization yet.
Pages: 1 [2]