Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.96a][WIP] What The Dawg Doing (v1.2.1)  (Read 4775 times)

Nick9

• Commander
    • View Profile
[0.96a][WIP] What The Dawg Doing (v1.2.1)
« on: November 05, 2023, 02:18:10 AM »

Some ship designs "upgraded" by the notorious pirate Dawg. What IS the Dawg doing?..

Created as a joke topic, finished as a joke mod.
Mod page in development (ri-i-ight after there will be more content).
And if you want more symmetric high-tech desings, here's your salvation: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=26513.0

Download this mod (also changelog): https://github.com/N1ckn1ght/WTDD/releases
Ship designs (rough placeholder showcase):

Credits to Itumingma for dakka colors, Apogee Mk. 3000 and Doomlin designs.

Please, report any bugs, typos and suggestions.

Q: updates wen
A: let's say I'll make yet another dive into this game after december, currently planning to code some quests and to do this I need someone who speaks English fluently

upd: this meme will die with the 0.96 version, and we have Grendel now, so no Doomlin
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 07:15:42 AM by Nick9 »

Kohlenstoff

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Mod request (joke topic)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 03:11:12 AM »

We need symmetrical high tech ships, e.g. Apogee Mk. II with 2 Large Energy and 2 Large Missile slots.

There is one. I's called Executor.

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 03:27:57 AM »

paragon, wolf, scarab, buffalo, most fighters, doom, shade, harbinger, phantom, radiant, high tech space station

Nick9

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 07:07:14 AM »

We need symmetrical high tech ships, e.g. Apogee Mk. II with 2 Large Energy and 2 Large Missile slots.

naah to heavy has dp cost and blah blah blah

paragon, wolf, scarab, buffalo, most fighters, doom, shade, harbinger, phantom, radiant, high tech space station

- COME BACK, SHADE!
- MYNAMESNOTSHADE, KID!
*fires a shot*

Nick9

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 07:28:25 AM »

like guys if you don't get it
we have atlas mk. II who has EVERYTHING except op
yet those very high tech designs are still goofy ah asymmetry because it's unusual and probably effective why tho

imagine this

(you can remove small missiles I don't care)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 07:30:06 AM »

imagine this

(Physically cringed, well done!)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2023, 07:37:38 AM »

Executor, being derived from Pegasus, is midline, and it has midline engine flames.

Also, Heron with its energy mounts and its relatively smooth appearance would be fine as a high-tech ship, but it has midline colors.  All Heron needs to be a high-tech ship is a color-swap.  Most other midline ships are either too blocky or angular and/or have ballistic mounts for a mere high-tech color swap conversion alone to work.

Would be nice to have a symmetrical conventional high-tech cruiser (no phase ships, no automated ships like Apex).  Apogee, Fury, and Aurora are all unsightly asymmetrics.

If the game did not classify phase ships as high-tech (low-tech in case of Gremlin), I would not even think of them as high-tech, just phase tech, as separate tech of their own.  Phase ships look more like mod faction ships than a normal high-tech ship.  Probably could give them magenta engine colors to make them stand out more.  I would say purple engines, but Omega ships claim that color.

All phase needs to be a faction of its own is another combat-capable phase destroyer and cruiser, and maybe a battlecruiser (on par with Retribution or Nova) if Ziggurat does not count or is too bleeding edge or overpowered.  Phase has Afflictor and Shade (and Gremlin, but the style is different) for frigates, Harbinger for destroyer, Doom for cruiser, and Ziggurat (if we count it) as a battleship-tier capital.

Re:  Nick's two-fisted Apogee.
Looks better than the original.  Symmetry is good.  Although it would be overpowered if the hardpoints were all larges.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 07:40:50 AM by Megas »

Nick9

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2023, 07:44:22 AM »

imagine this

(Physically cringed, well done!)

OMG you noticed me I want to frame this answer in my room!!!

Re:  Nick's two-fisted Apogee.
Looks better than the original.  Symmetry is good.

I unironically want to mod this in game. Maybe pirate colors and same (or less lol) OP amount. Fits in, they made slots, they didn't thought on how they would work. I have never made starsector mods before, this will be the first one, if I'll manage to do so. Idk what to think about Fury and other high-tech ships yet, I just want Apogee Mk. II in the first place))

upd: for each Apogee as on the screenshot above, there is an inverted version (which is mirrored the wrong way).

upd2: work in progress guys! It's actually fun to add ships in the game.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 10:51:24 AM by Nick9 »

Killer of Fate

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2023, 08:23:39 AM »

naah to heavy has dp cost and blah blah blah

- COME BACK, SHADE!
- MYNAMESNOTSHADE, KID!
*fires a shot*

Apojesus in the house

Nick9

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2023, 03:05:03 PM »

I guess I did it.

https://github.com/N1ckn1ght/WTDD/releases/tag/1.0.1

With the color designer hand of itumingma, new quality ship designs were born:

This Apogee is NOT an effective mix of scientific and military technologies anymore, as it doesn't feature infamous asymmetric design.

Some inner-circle known pirate just removed the "science" from this vessel, leaving only "military" in the formula. At least two apogees were destroyed in order to create this abomination. Of course, all high-tech nonsense was removed in the process.

Flux capacitors couldn't dream of supporting this amount of large mounts, yet another creative solution was born in the form of safety overrides. While ordnance problem is still left unsolved, this killing machine surprisingly does its job... as long as it's combat ready, that is.

(2 LE, 2 LM, 2 SM, 2 ME->2 SH, still 140 OP and 20 DP, Built-in SO, Fast missile reload system insteaf of a flare)

For each Apogee Mk. II produced, there is one Apogee Mk. II inverted.

At least it has some cargo holds.

(2 MU, 2 ME, 4 SE, still 140 OP but 16 DP, 400->800 cargo, 150->80 min. crew, CBT FRT now)

Should I post this in modding thread and provide more "elegant designs", or is it better to finally get banned on this forum?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 12:26:32 AM by Nick9 »

TheLaughingDead

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2023, 05:22:04 PM »

Not going to lie, both of these look sick. Sacrilegious as it is, I think I like both of the symmetrical Apogees more than the base Apogee. Could just be the hot red though :D

I hope when/if more ships are added, they take a page from the Apogee book (even if it means dirty asymmetry). Looking at the brown Invictus brick makes me weep lol

Cruacious

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Not mod request anymore, but a mod (still a joke post)
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2023, 05:40:29 PM »

Not gonna lie, I love the look of Symmetrical Apogee.

Nettle

• Admiral
  • making humorous maneuvers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2023, 06:38:13 PM »

Nick9

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Not mod request anymore, but a mod (still a joke post)
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2023, 11:03:39 AM »

I know, it isn't funny anymore, but I don't see the point of moving on in my life. Apogee is something that I have now and I don't want to lose.

This bad boy also seem to have 2 hangars in it.

upd: sorry about the 2nd one. I just... played with color curves a little bit.

upd2: This is not my work...

... thoughts?

upd3: That... let's call it, "Mk. III" design, is not added yet, but I've made a complete rework and added three of above nevertheless.

https://github.com/N1ckn1ght/WTDD/releases/tag/1.1.0

Spoiler

It works, I tested:

[close]

There is a bonus (Cobra Mk. II wing)

Spoiler
[close]

I... probably need someone who would help me with English.

upd4: Blueprints may no longer be found inside pirate package :( pirates still know their stuff though, and TT now has Apogee Mk. II production. This dude on the screenshot below seems pretty chill to hang out with.

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 12:32:09 AM by Nick9 »

Nick9

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: My personal page on the forum (I edited title again)
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2023, 05:27:44 AM »

Mitosis.

Pages: [1] 2