Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [UI] Improving the save-system - 2nd try  (Read 233 times)

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
[UI] Improving the save-system - 2nd try
« on: June 03, 2023, 03:19:37 PM »

Because I don't want to mess up the Alex Appreciation Thread [please state your appreciation there, if you haven't already], I'll quote my suggestions regarding the saving syteme here again and add some more, which I thought of while being busy cleaning my save list:

- Improve readability of the date of a save -it is really small and is only shown, while hovering over the specific save
- Rename "Save" and "Save copy" to "Overwrite Save" and "Create new Save" - this should clarify what each does

- Group several saves of the same run together - so you first select your run, and then you see only the saves regarding the specific run and not always all of them
- Give the option to delete multiple saves in one go - entering "DELETE" for 10, 20 times gets tedious (and deleting the saves via the folder is also not optimal)
- Give the player the option to overwrite specific saves - that way you aren't forced to create a new save everytime you don't want to overwrite your last save, but instead you can have like 3, 5 or whatever number of saves you like and just circle throught them with just overwriting the oldes one (and this would also prevent the "I have collected 20 old saves and need to delete them"-situation)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 12:37:43 PM by Mortrag »

Gift-of-Life

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [UI] Improving the save-system - 2nd try
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 09:37:40 AM »

I can get behind this suggestion. The more people play a game, the more this is an issue of improvement.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 05:18:19 PM »

I'd also like to be able to write a short description for saves (in particular, editing said desc into existing saves in the menu after the save process) so I can keep track of all my testing saves.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 05:31:10 PM »

Add to that the ability to scroll the mods list in saves
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too