Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What options can I change to make the endgame AI fleets larger?  (Read 1327 times)

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I really miss the killer fleets from previous versions with 10 or more capitals. I want to make a run in which the range from the smallest fleets to the biggest fleets is larger. Is there an option(s) that I can modify that would conveniently adjust things for every faction (modded ones included)? I'm planning on doing this run with Nex too so if it's available there too please let me know. For reference I'm also increasing the limit on officers and battle size.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: What options can I change to make the endgame AI fleets larger?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 06:49:37 AM »

Anyone? Help out, please.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 12:18:18 PM »

Hmm - I don't think there's a single setting that would adjust this, though I can't speak for what might be available in Nex. I *think* the easiest way to do this would be to reduce the "fleet pts" value in ship_data.csv, proportionally for all ships.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 05:59:46 PM »

Yeah there's no existing mod for this that I know of.
Some mods let you modify the size of specific fleets they contain (at least mine does), but there's no "make all fleets of a certain size bigger".

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 06:06:56 PM »

Alright, thanks for looking into it. For now I've increased the max number of ships/officers in AI fleets and I'm playing with the Second Wave mod as that has an option for AI fleets to get stronger with time.

Nameless

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 09:52:42 AM »

As you have Nex enabled, you can uhhh... also attempt to mess with a faction to an extreme degree and they will often send a very very large bounty hunter fleet after you, which matches the fleet description of what you are hoping to encounter.