Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Savegame produces java to stop working  (Read 918 times)

Badhotdog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Savegame produces java to stop working
« on: January 26, 2022, 06:49:00 AM »

Hello!

I have an issue with my savegame (https://easyupload.io/jevbk9).
after a certain amount of time (depending on the in game time) the game freezes and bekomes unresponsive to a point that windows says that java doesn't respond anymore. in game its early of the jan 2 circle 230, independent of what i do. in the savegame i am currently in an random sector. but the return to the normal sector doesnt fix the problem. that sudden stopp working of the game was happening in forefront but it was so sporadic that i didnt thought about it further because i am used to these things happening to heavily modded games. (My modlist ist attached as a .jpg. ) But this freeze doesnt happening after a certain amount of playtime but excactly on the forementioned date in game. if i Pause the game i can use the ui without any issue so it has to be something that triggers the problem ingame. ive tried some troubleshooting for my self, as demanded, but it doesnt helped obviously. ive tried a new game file, to check if anything gamefile related was corrupted, but there was nothing wrong. ive extended the RAM to 4gb because i thought it was a memory issue, but that didnt helped eighter. ive reinstalled the game, updated java and used the .bak files. i also tried the win 95 compability run, but it didnt changed a thing.

i am out of options by now and seek help!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Savegame produces java to stop working
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 04:35:04 PM »

Since you're using Beyond the Sector, look at this thread and try the things there.

Badhotdog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 12:21:03 AM »

Thank you for the hint, but sadly the things in that meinoned thread didn't help :(

SneakyDevil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 07:51:01 AM »

Howdy! I'm having the same problem too. If you have notepad++ open up the log file for me and see if this
180384 [Thread-3] ERROR data.scripts.util.MagicSettings  - MagicLib - Failed to load HighValueBountyData! -
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["flagshipVariantId"] not found.
shows up. and if after that error it goes straight into
######################

VALIDATING BOUNTIES

######################

Badhotdog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 02:30:45 AM »

Ive searched my .log file for it but it didn't show up.

SneakyDevil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 08:45:42 AM »

Interesting. We are exp the same issue but not getting similar logs. Hrmm...

The mods we overlap on are:
Autosave
Beyond the Sector
Graphic Lib
Industrial Evolution
Lazy Lib
Magic Lib
Nexerelin
Starship Legends
Tahlan Shipworks
Terraforming and Station Construction.

Do you know if you had any planets currently terraforming?

float

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2022, 10:20:35 AM »

I think the magic lib bounties may be a red herring — if a bounty fails to load, magic lib will print out a stack trace, but this does not necessarily precede a crash. In my own modded game I have a mod with a magic bounty that fails to load and it seems that in this case magic lib will just ignore it.

Have you tried taking a thread dump with a tool like VisualVM?

SneakyDevil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 10:52:44 AM »

Never heard of it, I'll give it a go.

I feel like magic lib might be a red herring aswell, but from how its the 1st of the month, but on random years, with seemingly no outside factors says to me that its something that generates during the monthly refresh, and I can't think of much that is.

Badhotdog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2022, 11:34:13 PM »

Interesting. We are exp the same issue but not getting similar logs. Hrmm...

Do you know if you had any planets currently terraforming?

i am not Terraforming any planets. my guess is that has something to do with beyond the sector because the dropp outs startet with the first travel to a random sector as far as i rmember.

float

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2022, 11:45:13 AM »

Hmm... here's a way to test if the issue is due to interactions between slipstreams and Beyond the Sector.

First, you need the Console Commands mod (it's a utility mod and so can be added into any existing save).

Then, load into your game and press Ctrl+Backspace to open the console. Copy and paste this into the text field:

Code
runcode 
List<JumpPointAPI> copy = new ArrayList<JumpPointAPI>(Global.getSector().getHyperspace().getJumpPoints());
Collections.sort(copy, new Comparator<JumpPointAPI>() {
public int compare(Object p1, Object p2) {
return (int) (((JumpPointAPI) p1).getRadius() - ((JumpPointAPI) p2).getRadius());
}
});
for (JumpPointAPI point : copy) {
Console.showMessage(point.getRadius());
}

This will show the "radius" of each jump point from smallest to largest. Look at the bottom of the list -- if there are some really big numbers there, then that confirms that this is a Beyond the Sector / slipstream issue. For reference, in the new game I made just to test this, the largest values I saw were just under 300.

Edit: also, it looks like Beyond the Sector doesn't incorporate Nexerelin's version checker. The latest version (from the download link in the forum thread) is 1.0.1, despite the thread only showing version histories up to 0.6. It may be that the author has fixed this bug already, so make sure to get the latest version of that mod if it's out of date.

Edit #2: I forgot a second crash scenario where the jump point's x or y location is close to the maximum or minimum integer bound. Here's additional code to check for that case:

Code
runcode 
for (JumpPointAPI point : Global.getSector().getHyperspace().getJumpPoints()) {
float x = point.getLocation().getX();
float y = point.getLocation().getY();
if (x < -2E9 || x > 2E9 || y < -2E9 || y > 2E9) {
Console.showMessage("Jump point at location: (" + x + ", " + y + ")");
}
}
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 11:15:08 AM by this_is_a_username »