Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Holy Covenant of Kemet 0.0.4f (Boosting Ed.)  (Read 31315 times)

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Holy Covenant of Kemet 0.0.4d (Fixing2 Ed.)
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2024, 11:01:22 PM »

Spoiler
26415748 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at data.scripts.weapons.HCOK_spikeEffect.onHit(HCOK_spikeEffect.java:22)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.BallisticProjectile.setDidDamage(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.BallisticProjectile.notifyDealtDamage(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.super.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.oOOO.super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.oOOO.super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

got this crash using the meme gun from fuzzy pack that shoots all the random ordinance, think its called the garbage chute. Hope this helps

using the latest version of HCOK
It's the Dakkabox. Probably tried to shoot something that isn't supposed to be shot like that.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Holy Covenant of Kemet 0.0.4d (Fixing2 Ed.)
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2024, 12:29:11 PM »

wait so this has to do with dakkaholics?

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Holy Covenant of Kemet 0.0.4f (Boosting Ed.)
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2024, 06:48:16 PM »

A New Game Version Update

UPDATE 0.0.4f
-Updated for 0.97a
-Seshat Systems, in addition to giving Ka and Ma'at weapons a 200 range boost, now also gives a 100 unit range boost for all other energy projectile weapons. This should, hopefully, make using non-Kemet weaponry on Kemet ships more attractive.
-Added some content if Industrial Evolution is also installed.
-May have tweaked some stats to fix some AI issues.

DOWNLOAD HERE.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2024, 06:52:59 PM »

Neat! Thanks for the update.
-Seshat Systems, in addition to giving Ka and Ma'at weapons a 200 range boost, now also gives a 100 unit range boost for all other energy projectile weapons. This should, hopefully, make using non-Kemet weaponry on Kemet ships more attractive.
I'm not entirely sure this was needed? At least for me, the way the flux cost reduction applied to everything already made the use of judiciously-selected non-Kemet weaponry exceptionally attractive; a heavy blaster or two with enough Kemet weapons to keep the flux cost reasonable, for example, packed a well-worthwhile degree of added close-range punch.

On the other hand, I'm not entirely sure it wasn't needed, and the extra range certainly opens up more options. I guess I'll just have to do some playing and see how it feels!
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2024, 07:05:53 PM »

I'm not entirely sure this was needed? At least for me, the way the flux cost reduction applied to everything already made the use of judiciously-selected non-Kemet weaponry exceptionally attractive; a heavy blaster or two with enough Kemet weapons to keep the flux cost reasonable, for example, packed a well-worthwhile degree of added close-range punch.

On the other hand, I'm not entirely sure it wasn't needed, and the extra range certainly opens up more options. I guess I'll just have to do some playing and see how it feels!

Hope you have fun with it!

I was also thinking on this as well - right now Kemet punishes beam weapons (so Tachyon Lances, Phase Lances, and HILs aren't incentivised) while also over-enhancing Kemet weapons choices. I was honestly contemplating just giving the 200 range bonus to all energy projectile weapons to be honest, to make other weapons more attractive to mix in, and rely just on the flux savings to incentivize Kemet weapons. Right now I think it's in a good position? I Hope?

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2024, 11:39:03 AM »

I think it makes sense for the faction to strongly favour their own tech. Personally i found myself more wanting some adaptation to make Kemet weapons more usable on non-Covenant vessels.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2024, 10:31:42 PM »

I think it makes sense for the faction to strongly favour their own tech. Personally i found myself more wanting some adaptation to make Kemet weapons more usable on non-Covenant vessels.

The problem is that a lot of Kemet energy weapons break the vanilla energy meta. Dedicated kinetic and high explosive energy weaponry is deceptively powerful on other hulls, hence why Kemet weapons are dedicated to kemet vessels, which have been balanced around them.

I have contemplated 'levelling' Kemet weaponry, but I fear that this might affect the general balance of the faction, as suddenly the flux savings from the Seshat Systems become less significant - to the point of being meaningless, and thus the faction loses it's gimmick.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]