Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What you love most about Starfarer.  (Read 7871 times)

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
What you love most about Starfarer.
« on: April 16, 2012, 12:34:14 AM »

Ill start.

The planets move around the stars and the asteroids around the planets (and stars).

I know this is an odd thing but its just so rare to see something so.... immersive.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: What you love most about Starfarer.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 12:42:25 AM »

Satisfactory Ballistic Impacts. Complex systems easy to comprehend, hard to master. Modding tools. Community. Player influence over the game world. Sound Effects.

xanderh

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 01:03:47 AM »

Satisfactory Ballistic Impacts. Complex systems easy to comprehend, hard to master. Modding tools. Community. Player influence over the game world. Sound Effects.

More or less this. Also the feel of the ships is just right.

Cryten

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 01:38:17 AM »

An interesting setting, combat revolving around a central conept: Flux and the impact that battles have (explosions and lasers everywhere but you one vessel among a fleet). I hope the game can add Smooth progression scaling in the future cause at the moment naturally in alpha I guess its really just a battle arena.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 03:31:57 AM »

The whole map is alive with all the stuff that moves.
The sounds of the guns and everything are just right, I can never get enough of them.
The whole game already feels so smooth and clean.
The beautiful everything, especially the ships, so much detail and care.

Dammit I love this game!

This is exactly the kind of improvements over older games that I want to see in the gaming industry yet so few developers (or perhaps its the people who fund them) seem to get that.

I really hope this game makes it.

Soridan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 03:34:38 AM »

This is exactly the kind of improvements over older games that I want to see in the gaming industry yet so few developers (or perhaps its the people who fund them) seem to get that.

Let us hope that the new craze around kickstarter.com will bear a tasty fruit and things will change for the better, so games like Starfarer may appear more often.

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 04:04:02 AM »

Mount&Blade in space.

Except instead of being a finished product that is as buggy as a beta (no offense M&B), Starfarer is a beta that is as polished as a finished product should be.

Also it is the best approach at (non-simulation) space combat I have seen so far.
Not only is there the interesting flux system, but some "known" mechanics like armor are implemented so that they actually make sense.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 05:47:45 AM »

Alrenous

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 06:02:21 AM »

Also loving how Starfarer does armour. It's exactly how I'd do it. I want to play an RPG that uses the same kind of system. FF:Tactics did armour a little like this.

My favourite part is fitting out ships. And re-outfitting the ship. Squeezing out more and more killing power. And re-re-outfitting the ship. Learning how the game works and how ordnance interacts. Making the ship play entirely differently by pursuing a different design goal.

Come to think, I should make (almost) an entire fleet out of one ship, and then just muck about with hull mods and such, so I can compare them side by side. (I just realized an Aurora is faster than an Enforcer. Huh, wow.)

I find the planets very pretty.

SwipertheFox

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 08:14:11 AM »

EVERYTHING!!!!!   ;D
There are not " finished, polished" games on the market that I want to come home and replay everyday. Guns, sounds, ships ( HUGE EPIC MODS )...
I LOVE THIS GAME!!!   8)

spacepilot alex

• Ensign
  • Space time baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 08:23:22 AM »

the damage system hehe  ;D

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 09:29:51 AM »

The entire concept of the game. It's the perfect mix of everything, nevermind the bug and the balancing issues. It's the best game I've ever played.

SwipertheFox

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 09:42:08 AM »

The entire concept of the game. It's the perfect mix of everything, nevermind the bug and the balancing issues. It's the best game I've ever played.

I second that!!!!
Best game I have ever played.!!   :o

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 09:46:15 AM »

The art. HANDS down the art. The tactics and gameplay are the second draw, though. And when we finally get a sandbox world. I am a sucker for that.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Temjin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 10:09:55 AM »

For me, it's the combat and the customization. It's heavy-hitting, with real weight, and you can zip around in a Tempest or fill space with projectiles in an Onslaught, or coordinate massive strike groups in a Venture or Astral, and all are viable options.
Pages: [1] 2