Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Transferring Officers During Mid-Battle Reinforcements  (Read 776 times)

Nivri

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Transferring Officers During Mid-Battle Reinforcements
« on: May 03, 2021, 11:41:00 AM »

Is there a way to do so? Any mods or game file editing in order for us to switch officers to new ships just like how the player switches?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 11:45:34 AM by Nivri »

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Transferring Officers During Mid-Battle Reinforcements
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 02:49:18 PM »

I don't know of any. If they do exist, then the game code probably doesn't know how to handle it & you'll probably get weird effects from skills moving around.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 12:14:01 AM »

Honestly, prolly easier to mod in ability to just redeploy ships after some period of time has passed in the battle to simulate CR recovery.  If you are worried about supply decay, just have an option to not repair X ship in order to redeploy X ship (added supply costs vs total supplies should prolly also be listed so you at least estimate whether fixing X ship to redeploy is even worth it).

Or Alex could just do what I have already suggested and add some ship class that allows battlefield regeneration of CR based on proximity and make those ships excluded from DP limit (ie, just capped at some arbitrary setting that is equal for both sides, like both sides can deploy 1 support for every 5 normal ships in the fleet, max of 6).  Finally give the frigate wolfpack something to hunt besides tactical objectives...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 12:16:09 AM by slowpersun »
I wasn't always a Judge...

ElPresidente

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 12:44:32 AM »

Just increase number of officer, like I do.
I hate arbitrary limits.
That way you don't fee like your ships are missing out.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 05:22:45 AM »

Even if this feature was implemented, a problem is how does Industry 2 work with ship recovery?

I have no idea how it works for a ship-surfing player when it comes to flagship.  How would it work for ship-surfing officers?

Might defeat the point of guaranteed recovery of the skills, and all ships need Reinforced Bulkheads to make sure they can be recovered.