Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Troubleshooting  (Read 57879 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2023, 11:00:41 AM »

Ah - this is due to using a save from 0.95.1a; earlier saves are not compatible with 0.96a, as is the case with all major version changes.

Kobura

• Ensign
    • View Profile
mysterious loading error during saveload
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2023, 07:20:42 PM »

Apparently my playercharacter's stats have become corrupted? I don't have any mods that affect that.

Bcorrente

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2023, 01:20:53 PM »

Hi all. Pretty sure I are the dumb on this one. I repicked up the game with the new expansion, updated my slew of mods (which admittedly is getting out of hand. I dont have a problem you have a problem.) and booted up the game.

Then I got this immediately. Fatal: com.fs.stardarer.api. ui. TooltipMarkerAPI.addimageWithText(F)V

So I went out disabled a bunch of mods thinking it was just too much, and loaded back up the game which felt like it was running smoother. Went into a station and to learn my starter BPs cause of good old NEX and BOOM! Fatal: com.fs.stardarer.api. ui. TooltipMarkerAPI.addimageWithText(F)V

I dont really know how to trouble shoot the game. Took a hammer to it, but ended up with a dead laptop and starsector still was acting funny on my PC. Any advice would be helpful. I would like to keep as many of the mods as possible, I enjoy the QOL and Other factions to play against.

Thank you for reading,
Brandon.

Snowy-Birb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2023, 12:57:05 PM »

new forum user here. I've been enjoying the new update and recently got a new machine to run the game on. However, I've been entirely unable to even so much as boot the game. Upon clicking the play starsector button on the launcher, I receive the following error message:

"Error in sound initialization, proceeding with sound disabled.

org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalDistanceModel(I)V"

Hitting "OK" allows the game to proceed as normal, bringing up the splash screen and loading bar. However, before the main menu can open, the game throws the following error and suffers a CTD.

"Fatal: org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalListenerfv(IJ)V
Check starsector.log for more info."

I have tried everything I could think of to fix this issue, including multiple reinstalls and straight up copying a functioning installation of the game from  my laptop. Nothing works.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Hatter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2023, 02:27:11 PM »

new forum user here. I've been enjoying the new update and recently got a new machine to run the game on. However, I've been entirely unable to even so much as boot the game. Upon clicking the play starsector button on the launcher, I receive the following error message:

Hitting "OK" allows the game to proceed as normal, bringing up the splash screen and loading bar. However, before the main menu can open, the game throws the following error and suffers a CTD.

I have tried everything I could think of to fix this issue, including multiple reinstalls and straight up copying a functioning installation of the game from  my laptop. Nothing works.

If you've already tried everything under "The game crashes when run with sound on, "Fatal: null", "Error in sound initialization", "org.lqjgl.openal.AL10.nalDistanceModel(I)V"" heading in the opening post I'm not sure what more we can suggest.

DaddyO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2023, 08:13:38 PM »

Enjoying the game again after a long vacation... The game was running fine but now I am getting this error message Input String 120.0 error. So I opened up the log file with Notepad++ and I found this:
128488 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "120.0"
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "120.0"
   at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
   at data.plugins.qolp_systemNotify.getColor(qolp_systemNotify.java:80)
   at data.plugins.qolp_systemNotify.init(qolp_systemNotify.java:42)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.for$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.super.new.รต00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.prepare(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
128565 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Creating streaming player for music with id [intro_menu.ogg]
128569 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [intro_menu.ogg]

Update: I dug a bit deeper and figured out the mod QOL Pack was the problem. Not sure why it all of sudden causing the errors as I was playing a new campaign and after 4 days this happened.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 06:46:27 PM by DaddyO »

Chester Stoned

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2023, 08:06:47 AM »

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I need someone with better knowledge of code than I. I get this error after about 5m of play, have attached an image.
Mod list:
Console commands
Nexerelin
graphics lib
magic lib
diktat enhancement
susbtance abuse
mayasuran navy
luddic enhancement
fleet history
hyperdrive
industrial revolution
stelnet
speedup
Underworld
Lunalib
UNSC
Terraforming and station construction
UAF
ArmaArmatura
HTE

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2023, 07:59:02 AM »

Get the ArmaA fix .jar from Nexerelin or Arma Armatura thread OPs.

Lisiwizard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2023, 12:55:20 AM »

Hello, a month ago I was trying to use mods again, but non of them except a few are showing up in the mod enabling section. I reinstalled the game, but it's still like that.
lazylib, lunalib,magiclib ship/weapon pack, tahlan, graphicslib are showing up and working.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2023, 03:30:24 AM »

Make sure the folders are set up correctly; see section 1 here

warlord

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2023, 05:38:57 PM »

so I'm playing the game and when I hit F1 on heavy armaments. the market info is messed up. the best places to sell have a lower price than the best places to buy.

Matmat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2023, 05:03:42 AM »

Hello,

I am very sorry if this is a duplicate, i have not found any similar issue:
I have downloaded Starsector for Linux with version 0.96a-RC10.
My OS is Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)
Upon startup of the game (after the game menu, upon clicking 'Play Starsector')
I get the error:

Code
4105 [Thread-3] FATAL com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.launcher.opengl.GLLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
Is there an issue with OpenGL, does this mean i do not have a compatible OpenGL ?
Code
$glxinfo | grep "OpenGL version"
 OpenGL version string: 4.3 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 23.0.4-0ubuntu1~22.04.1
I have a Quadro M1200 Mobile graphics card

Thank you in advance :)
Again, sorry if duplicate

Matt

justcallmedesdenova

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2023, 07:00:48 AM »

If you've already tried everything under "The game crashes when run with sound on, "Fatal: null", "Error in sound initialization", "org.lqjgl.openal.AL10.nalDistanceModel(I)V"" heading in the opening post I'm not sure what more we can suggest.

I am having the exact same issue and have tried all the relevant troubleshooting steps. Just from looking online I can see this is not an uncommon issue. Are we just completely out of luck then?

EDIT: Ironically I figured out the issue shortly after posting this. Delete (or move) alsoft.ini in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 07:10:02 AM by justcallmedesdenova »

Kolminye

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2024, 12:38:07 PM »

hello I have a problem, almost everytime I start the game it loads a little but then it crash and sometimes appear the messages of Fatal:null.

I will post the last lines of code and a little more in a .txt to see if someone can help me.
By the way I have my Java update to the date and I have 8 gb of ram which 4096 are asigned to Startsector when it runs.

Lines:

111648 [pool-1-thread-7] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/dara_swift_mirv_fire_01.ogg]
111666 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/warroom/taskicons/icon_set_target.png (using cast)
111672 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/warroom/taskicons/icon_more_info.png (using cast)
111675 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/warroom/taskicons/icon_retreat_direct.png (using cast)
111677 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/warroom/taskicons/icon_rescind_order.png (using cast)
111681 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/warroom/taskicons/just_kill_it.png (using cast)
111683 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/warroom/taskicons/icon_engage.png (using cast)
111686 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/warroom/taskicons/icon_autopilot.png (using cast)
111717 [pool-1-thread-7] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/swp/sfx_wpn_energy/heavyion_fire.ogg]
111737 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/dara_emortar_fire_01.ogg]
111751 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/dara_emortar_fire_02.ogg]
111762 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/swp/sfx_wpn_guns/AegisFlakBurst1.ogg]
111822 [pool-1-thread-9] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/sfx_impacts/energy_hit_01.ogg]
111824 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/swp/sfx_systems/excelsior_system.ogg]
111843 [pool-1-thread-9] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/sfx_interface/ui_radar_detect_vessel.ogg]
111872 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/sfx_wpn_energy/laser_intro_2.ogg]
111932 [pool-1-thread-9] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/sfx_cargo/cargo_supplies_drop.ogg]
112254 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/sfx_systems/high_energy_focus_activate.ogg]
112464 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/soe/eventide_ambience_wind.ogg]
112396 [pool-1-thread-9] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/sfx_wpn_energy/reality_disruptor_loop_01.ogg]
112535 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
   at sun.misc.Unsafe.allocateMemory(Native Method)
   at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(Unknown Source)
   at org.lwjgl.BufferUtils.createByteBuffer(BufferUtils.java:60)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.G.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
112891 [pool-1-thread-9] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/sfx_wpn_energy/rift_explosion_windup_01.ogg]
112905 [pool-1-thread-9] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/sfx_wpn_energy/rift_explosion_windup_02.ogg]
113072 [pool-1-thread-9] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/sfx_wpn_energy/rift_explosion_windup_03.ogg]
113358 [pool-1-thread-9] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/sfx_wpn_energy/rift_explosion_windup_04.ogg]
113395 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/sfx_wpn_energy/rift_explosion_windup_05.ogg]
113482 [pool-1-thread-9] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/sfx_systems/fighter_launch.ogg]
113551 [pool-1-thread-8] INFO  sound.Sound  - Loading sound [sounds/neutyfx/neut_javelineffect.ogg]

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2024, 03:27:15 AM »

I'm told you may need to reduce your RAM allocation, and/or run with fewer mods.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7