Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.95a RC11] NPC ships with built-in hullmods lose them on recovery screen  (Read 935 times)

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile

As the title says.
I got the bounty for a fleet full of ships with built-in hullmods. I checked mid-combat and all the ships had them.
Spoiler
[close]

Unfortunately, after painful fight...
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
None of these ships have built-in hullmods anymore.

Modlist:
Spoiler
Audio Plus
Autosave
Settings.json changes of my own making (increased max zoom, increased max player fleet size, disabled whiteout)
Captain's Log
Combat Chatter
Commissioned Crews
Console Commands
Diable Avionics
GraphicsLib
Hyperdrive
LazyLib
Lightshow
MagicLib
Practice Targets
Remnant Control Transfer
SCY Nation
Secrets of the Frontier
Seeker UC
Armaa
Tahlan Shipworks
Torchships
Trailer Moments
Unknown Skies
Upgraded Rotary Weapons
Vayra's Ship Pack
[close]
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Judging from the API, this is deliberate (there's a param in FleetEncounterContext.prepareShipForRecovery for whether S-mods should be kept)

Though given how hard these fights are, letting the player have a shiny or two in return would be real nice.
Maybe a ship with 3 S-mods should be guaranteed to keep one on recovery, and below that there's a % chance?

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile

Judging from the API, this is deliberate (there's a param in FleetEncounterContext.prepareShipForRecovery for whether S-mods should be kept)

Though given how hard these fights are, letting the player have a shiny or two in return would be real nice.
Maybe a ship with 3 S-mods should be guaranteed to keep one on recovery, and below that there's a % chance?

I do have to agree, even getting at least one s-mod would be real nice. Not getting any feels like a bug, not a feature. And yea, battle itself was really hard, but somewhat enjoyable. Harder than some of bounties I've done in the run that had multiple cruisers and whatnot.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.