Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: The Scourge v.4  (Read 110074 times)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: The Scourge
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2012, 05:44:08 AM »

Oh nostalgia, this reminds me of the old days of Starcraft 1 mods with infested Terrans... good days, good days.

I like the art. Seems like a cross between Zerg and the Beast. When I made slimy Zerg stuff for SC1 mods, I used the dodge tool a lot in Photoshop/whatever to give things a shimmery, wet feel:

Not sure if that's the direction you want to go in, but either way, the ships look nice. I can't wait to see an infected conquest or onslaught.

I like it! A little too bright maybe, but i like the idea overall (not sure if that tool exist in Gimp though). Thanks for the feedback.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2012, 08:55:19 AM »

The Swarm

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2012, 09:24:02 AM »

this mod has become surprisingly good looking. hopefully when I get more free time I will test it out. school comes first always  :-\

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2012, 09:44:48 AM »

this mod has become surprisingly good looking. hopefully when I get more free time I will test it out. school comes first always  :-\

No surprise, it's DAT UOMOZ involved. xD

Thank you for the feedback pal.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2012, 09:47:31 AM »

not simply a uomoz. DAT UOMOZ XD

Still great work here, really hope we get infestation mechanics so DAT UOMOZ can make this mod even better.
XD

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2012, 09:51:05 AM »

And selective damage sprites

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2012, 06:57:04 PM »

Demo 2.0. ;)

Check out OP for download.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 07:17:45 PM by Uomoz »

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2012, 04:13:41 AM »

Well, if you want to give hard time to IDF and TimCORP, you welcome to take these ships :D:

Battleship Size:

Battlecruiser Size:

Cruiser Size:

P.S. Images made from borrowed Images from Space Pirates And Zombies ;D

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2012, 04:27:46 AM »

With those ships in mind, I already came up with an entire storyline ;D

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2012, 01:36:03 PM »

The Putrifier.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ClosetGoth

• Commander
  • Permanently TTRPG-brained
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2012, 06:37:44 PM »

Tanker with volatile fuel + crazy biological horror... OMG, is that the suicide ship!?

EDIT: I like how it looks like it donned samurai armor. xD
Starfaring since the very beginning of 2012

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2012, 06:44:43 PM »

Will it be technically possible to seperate biological and normal weapons?

I can maybe see the scourge ships using normal weapons on their biological ships, but it'd make no sense for a normal ship to use a biological weapon.

So, if it is technically possible, you could seperate weapon mounts and weapon classes in:

Normal Universal, Normal Ballistic, Normal Energy, Normal Missile
and
Biological Universal, Biological Ballistic, Biological Energy, Biological Missile

Maybe even a third category of Hybrid Weapons and Mounts that combines both normal and biological.

However as I haven't seen any mod messing with the categories yet I don't know whether or not that is even possible.

@WarStalkeR:
Which ship parts is the large ship made from?
The bottom one is a Hammerhead with a Grinder's Laser and two Helixes stuck in it, the middle one is a Cruiser and a Flora, but I don't recognize anything about the top ship except for the left and right BigBrother parts.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 06:46:30 PM by Shoat »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2012, 07:16:23 PM »

Tanker with volatile fuel + crazy biological horror... OMG, is that the suicide ship!?

EDIT: I like how it looks like it donned samurai armor. xD

It's mostly a very shot ranged shotgun-like platform xD, the tank actually holds the Acid reserve for the shots. The Samurai Armor is a little bit better in current version xD.

Will it be technically possible to seperate biological and normal weapons?

I can maybe see the scourge ships using normal weapons on their biological ships, but it'd make no sense for a normal ship to use a biological weapon.

So, if it is technically possible, you could seperate weapon mounts and weapon classes in:

Normal Universal, Normal Ballistic, Normal Energy, Normal Missile
and
Biological Universal, Biological Ballistic, Biological Energy, Biological Missile

Maybe even a third category of Hybrid Weapons and Mounts that combines both normal and biological.

However as I haven't seen any mod messing with the categories yet I don't know whether or not that is even possible.

It's not possible. I'm trying very hard so that Scourge weapons and ships don't get in players hands (they are balanced to be NPC, don't use conventional weaponry, and some ships\weapons are VERY strong if player controlled). The real problem is that I can't set a ship non-boardable. To answer your question, no, as far as i know it's not possible to use categories other then common ones (BALL-ENER-MISS).

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2012, 12:04:05 AM »

It's not possible. I'm trying very hard so that Scourge weapons and ships don't get in players hands (they are balanced to be NPC, don't use conventional weaponry, and some ships\weapons are VERY strong if player controlled). The real problem is that I can't set a ship non-boardable. To answer your question, no, as far as i know it's not possible to use categories other then common ones (BALL-ENER-MISS).

I think i have solution for your problem. PM is on the way. Its TOP SECRET so i can't disclose it here  ;D
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2012, 12:27:10 AM »

@WarStalkeR:
Which ship parts is the large ship made from?
The bottom one is a Hammerhead with a Grinder's Laser and two Helixes stuck in it, the middle one is a Cruiser and a Flora, but I don't recognize anything about the top ship except for the left and right BigBrother parts.
Sunspot, two Carriers, two Big Brothers, two Right Hooks and pack of Blowfishes :)

@Uomoz:
are these ships sprites will be any use to you?
Also, if you want to make them non-boardable, just set their crew amount to 200000 and higher :)

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16