Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Vandala's Mod Idea Collection Effort and Link Repository for Stuff I Made.  (Read 70615 times)

keade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies in space?
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2012, 03:18:41 AM »

Pointy, but looks rather fragile, not sure I'd ever want to pilot one of those.
But... But is such a nice fellow how could you not want to befriend him and have his ships, it's not like he's going to replace your brain with a computer or something.

Ho-ho my friend, Phantasm will be most suitable for pony-hunt :) But rather problem, that if to "screen" it to Starfarer, it's picture have to be taken from side, because from top it rather thin.
A shame all the pointy ships are vertical.

I will now retreat to my cave fortress evil lair spaceships and think about a suitable countermeasure for ponies. I know java be afraid.
English isn't my first language, keep calm and carry on.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile

I know java be afraid.
Java is easy as hell...
Assembly is to be afraid!

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Dr.Noid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

You're a few days early with your ponies suggestion...

In exactly two days, six years ago: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dd/20060401a

keade

• Ensign
    • View Profile

You're a few days early with your ponies suggestion...

In exactly two days, six years ago: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dd/20060401a
They were later found inside a gelatinous cube, half digested.
English isn't my first language, keep calm and carry on.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile

Oh sweet Luna protect me, you have found my one weakness, my one fear; the early generations. It's evil, EVIL!

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Just for clarifications sake: the most dangerous weapon one probably can come up with is not a way to destroy supermassive black hole. It's the (and my mods race has already developed this weapon) a dark matter cannon :), you put it on the hull of a ship, and since dark matter dosent follow the rules of gravity, bit it instead tears gravity away, this is a effective way to destroy planets, heck, even galaxies, since black holes are gravity. You just need enough ;D

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Basically you have a magic gun there, seeing as we know next to nothing about dark matter.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Basically you have a magic gun there, seeing as we know next to nothing about dark matter.

Yeah. But i see we have invented warp space travel, and we have also invented space ships, and energy weapons ;). But what we know about dark matter dosen't restrict an completley another racefrom knowing more, or even using it for war or energy harvesting. And last time i checked, neither ponies nor TimCORP were a part of the human race ;D

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile

True but that's not the point. You are ascribing attributes to stuff we literally know nothing about. Other then it has to exist somehow due to current models of reality.

Which is fine but it's no different from me waving a magic wand against that gun and saying I put a shield spell around it preventing it for affecting anything.

You just make it sound sciency to the ignorant. Which is also fine. I'd love me some dark matter guns to blow away all existence.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

I somehow think reality went through the window when the game implemented spaceships. And the gate network the collpased Domain used porbably was some sort of Wormhole/Warp system.

But the difference is that though dark matter exist in reality, there's nothing stopping us from saying that it can't destroy the sun, for instance.  What i am saying here is that though we do know it exists, we don't kow it's attributes. Whihc makes us free to come up with our own, if it stays within reason (no universe destroying stuff here ;D), but only as far as it stays within this game. ;)

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile

And within reason to you means just make *** up no matter what?
We do not know the properties at all, we know that something has to be there because we cannot account for a huge percentage of mass and energy in the universe (I hope that's the right term, I always get confused with the big things).
We don't know a single property other then that it has to be the cause for the expansion of space/time, because nothing else accounts for it, that's why it's called dark energy, we know nothing about it, it's a place holder for ignorance. (I think that's what it was)

You have nothing to go on, and it's very difficult to ascribe properties to it because that would mean you could make predictions with it based on those properties which will *** up the model of reality as we have it.

*sigh* But who cares, it's only a game. Not like this game doesn't throw science mumbo jumbo around in it's lore.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Exactly! Enoguh discussing reality when this obviously isin't related to reality at all (it is somewhat related, but not enough for us to make assumptions based on the current reality). Or did i miss the day we invented Warp travel? :)

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I wish, and star gates, and personal space craft, and replicators, and robot bodies.

I want a pony body... Just for fun, it would probably not work very well but what the heck. (kinda like my hand, hooves are so useless despite what that show shows us)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile

Just for clarifications sake: the most dangerous weapon one probably can come up with is not a way to destroy supermassive black hole. It's the (and my mods race has already developed this weapon) a dark matter cannon :), you put it on the hull of a ship, and since dark matter dosent follow the rules of gravity, bit it instead tears gravity away, this is a effective way to destroy planets, heck, even galaxies, since black holes are gravity. You just need enough ;D
Dark Matter Cannon can be easily evaded by Lambda Folding, or easily deflected by shield that provides Gravitational Interpolation, which is one of basic function of Multiphased Temporal Shield, that installed on any IDF ship. Even on weaponless shuttle. Also "tearing gravity" isn't weapon of last resort. Tearing gravity is nothing more then nullification of gravity and destruction of gluon field, that holds quarks, so it's actually nothing special :P

Who said that we really don't know?

And last time i checked, neither ponies nor TimCORP were a part of the human race ;D
Basically IDF is a human race, but using nanotechnologies (nanomachines), they forced evolution process for eons forwards. Physically the left same humans, anatomically their very organs and skin strengthened and got durability of diamond, while keeping original elasticity. Psychologically their mind evolved increasing processing capabilities, increasing effectiveness of original senses and adding new senses. Nanomachines were assimilated by body, while keeping original interface link and programmability, thus leaving them with same functionality quality and immunity to EMP.

We don't know a single property other then that it has to be the cause for the expansion of space/time
We do know it has zero-point fluctuations, we do know that it has mass, we do know that time within can be calculated as relative variable, that actually can be changed.

Or did i miss the day we invented Warp travel? :)
Long time ago, even couple variants of using it, one even natural ;D

I wish, and star gates, and personal space craft, and replicators, and robot bodies.
Lie down on bed, close your eyes... And here you go, you have everything :)

I want a pony body... Just for fun, it would probably not work very well but what the heck. (kinda like my hand, hooves are so useless despite what that show shows us)
You still got your chance to add pony-style ships, take original models, change their color, and viola, you got brand new pony-ships ;D
Maybe I even will help you with that, when I will finish work on my IDF mod :)

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

That's a nice little race you've got there, warstalker, shame if my race would turn hostile against it ;D

Going to let you in on a secret: whilst the IDF can go through universes, TimCORP controls atleast 2 universes, and the TimCORP has very advanced technology, able to match any other. And the race has existed for ~8-10 billion years. But just to prove stuff, i will make a mission, pitting my ships vs yours ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11