Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega's Minimash V1.92 .54 compatible Thanks to xenoargh  (Read 284164 times)

Cordacc

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Omega's Minimash V1.7
« Reply #300 on: April 09, 2012, 02:57:43 PM »

i would suggest you get add the Interstellar Federation to the next version, also scourge looks really good, just not that much content yet.

In regards to the Alien cap ship it need huge nerf, way more OP per FP than any other ship and 14 large slots (defense platform has 15 but really slow) extremely fast for such a large ship, tons of flight decks. Basically it has the best OP, the best weapon slots, great flux dissipation, the best speed, and the best carrier capabilities of any capital ship all condensed into one best at everything ship.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:08:40 PM by Cordacc »

Dragar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 09, 2012, 03:14:17 PM »

Gotta agree with Shoat on the Behemoth being to strong, and with making each factions strongest capitals more common late game(except for the Behemoth) also add the Paragon to Shoat's list of things that need to spawn more often because they are incredibly rare(probably half due to the fact that the Aliens keep face rolling the Tri-Tach fleets with Behemoths)

Nechrom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 09, 2012, 03:31:36 PM »

I would like to suggest a look at some of the starter ships. There are some that, with their default weapons, are extremely niche. You have some that just wrecks shields, but do close to zero damage to hulls or vice versa. If you do manage to get an enemy ship on low health it just runs away and your ship is almost always a lot slower.
So I'd try to keep the starter ships balanced, with either 2-3 different damage types or relatively neutral damage like energy.

Cordacc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 09, 2012, 04:11:14 PM »

All of my ships need descriptions because I'm not really sure how to add it.

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 09, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »

In regards to the Alien cap ship it need huge nerf, way more OP per FP than any other ship and 14 large slots (defense platform has 15 but really slow) extremely fast for such a large ship, tons of flight decks. Basically it has the best OP, the best weapon slots, great flux dissipation, the best speed, and the best carrier capabilities of any capital ship all condensed into one best at everything ship.

With the exception of speed, the Omega beats the Behemoth at everything.

The Behemoth has problems:
a) Four useless hardpoints with narrow arcs in front that no sane person would ever use. (meaning there's really just 10 large slots)
b) Not even close to enough flux cap and dissipation.
c) A lot of it's turrets have near-360 firing arcs, which in itself isn't bad, but it further adds to the flux problem.

So in the end you'll either fill it's turrets with only very weak low-flux weaponry, or else it'll permanently be at full flux and can't use it's shields.
Which is also why it is extremely easy to destroy if AI-piloted: The standard weapon and weapon group setup is so bad that the AI cannot handle it and overloads itself after the first volley, thus getting destroyed right afterwards without the ability to put up shields or fight back.

The Omega on the other hand has twice the flux capacity and more than twice the dissipation. Also it's turrets have more limited firing arcs, so it is able to fully autofire and have shields up without danger of overloading.
It only begins having flux-problems if both the left and the right side of the turret mounts fire at things, and even then it is not nearly as severe as with the behemoth.

I'm pretty sure that both the Oort and the Homeworld (the remaining two "huge" ships) are able to take the Behemoth out.
Thus the only really great thing the Behemoth has is it's comparatively high speed, and I don't think it needs any major nerfs to it's combat strength.

I do agree, though, that it needs one nerf: It's campaign speed.
Alien fleets are way too fast. Weak fleets cannot escape them and strong fleets cannot catch them.
And because the rest of the fleet is a bunch of useless pieces of crap, they die very soon, causing the remaining Behemoth to soar around the campaign map really fast, escaping any possible danger and utterly destroying lots and lots of weaker fleets.

My suggestion would be to nerf the Behemoth's travel speed and then reduce the spawn rate of alien fleets while giving them way stronger other ships (1 or 2 Alien Cruisers, maybe a proper, not-useless Alien Destroyer) - that is with whoever made the alien ships, though. Otherwise just give them a lot more FP for magisters, frigates and fighters.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:19:27 PM by Shoat »

Cordacc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 09, 2012, 05:25:02 PM »

first 4 large mounts are great for cap v cap battles even if its flux disp isn't amazing, it's too fast and the near 360 degree large arcs make it way too powerful with lances. but the real reason it's so powerful is because it has 800 OP basically double any other vanilla cap ship with way more large mounts and the ability to repair fighters which none of the other good cap-ships have, any other carrier is way less powerful compared to its non carrier counterparts.

all in all tons of OP, a carrier with amazing combat abilities, 360 degree shield, large arcs for lances and of course speed better than lotus ships.

your caparison to oort and omega-> neither have any fighter bays and neither have anywhere near the fighting capabilities per speed.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:28:54 PM by Cordacc »

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 09, 2012, 10:11:49 PM »

your caparison to oort and omega-> neither have any fighter bays and neither have anywhere near the fighting capabilities per speed.

Omega has 3 bays.
It is better than the Behemoth in every way except for the speed.
It actually has even more OP (810) than the Behemoth.

Oort has universal slots. It does not have bays, that is right.
It is at least equal to the Behemoth in most things, and the only area where it really lacks behind is speed.

Homeworld has 4 bays.
It is slightly behind the Behemoth in combat capabilities, but in return is very very easy to get (buyable for only 200k) compared to the others.

Both the Omega and Oort can Tachyon-spam just like the Behemoth.
The Homeworld can mount 4 large Pilums and 12 Artillery Guns and provide almost the same super-long-range coverage.

Also don't even start on the shield. Behemoth's shield is FRONT type, Omega at least has an OMNI-360 shield.
On a FRONT-type shield of a huge ship (which tend to go up very slowly) it does not matter if it's 360, you usually won't get it up in time to catch something heading for your back, and if you leave it up permanently you overload.

My point is that the four huge ships are, in total, roughly equal.
Omega and Oort are super powerful combatants, but are slow.
The Behemoth is way weaker than the Omega and Oort, but is fast.
The Homeworld is slightly weaker than the Behemoth and as slow as Omega&Oort, but is really cheap.

-> The only thing that is wrong with the Behemoth is it's messed-up campaign travel speed and too high spawn rate.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 10:15:56 PM by Shoat »

Durendal5150

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 09, 2012, 11:22:12 PM »

the trade scavengers are just...totally wonked.

The hercules big freighter thing has it's collision model twisted in a pretzel. Things hit or don't hit it seemingly at random. (Watched a pattern of Mauler shells fly through it, a few hit, others passed through the same spot the first hit...) no idea what's going on there.

Also their ships with broadside weapons the AI just plain doesn't get, it still tries to maintain front facing on the target at all times. The Yak especially, I've never seen it fire it's broadsides at anything.

I'd delve in and try and fix it, but I'm not sure how I'd get it back to you without confusing you, me, or whoever made them.

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 09, 2012, 11:56:20 PM »

the trade scavengers are just...totally wonked.

The hercules big freighter thing has it's collision model twisted in a pretzel. Things hit or don't hit it seemingly at random. (Watched a pattern of Mauler shells fly through it, a few hit, others passed through the same spot the first hit...) no idea what's going on there.

Also their ships with broadside weapons the AI just plain doesn't get, it still tries to maintain front facing on the target at all times. The Yak especially, I've never seen it fire it's broadsides at anything.

I'd delve in and try and fix it, but I'm not sure how I'd get it back to you without confusing you, me, or whoever made them.

Ill make a hot fix for the hercules. But for the broad sides.... Ya cant fix that.... iv seen other ships with the same issue.

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Omega's Minimash V1.71
« Reply #309 on: April 10, 2012, 01:35:01 AM »

V1.71
-Hot fix for Traders
-Attempted to balence alien fleets to make them slower.
-Attempted to balence large fleets with more large ships.
-changes should show up in old saves

V1.72 Will include.

Nomad balencing
More large fleets
Stronger aliens.
A new secret weapon.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:41:42 AM by craftomega »

Cordacc

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Omega's Minimash V1.71
« Reply #310 on: April 10, 2012, 05:50:55 AM »

what about my ship?

EDIT: You NEED to add interstellar federation now, you cant let any other collection have a mod in it that you dont...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:22:26 PM by Cordacc »

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Omega's Minimash V1.8
« Reply #311 on: April 10, 2012, 05:58:45 PM »

Updated V1.8
-Balenced fleets so more largers ones will be in late game.
-Added Interstellar Federation
-Added new weapon
-added boomer elite
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:13:53 PM by craftomega »

Cordacc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 10, 2012, 06:27:46 PM »

this mod collection is becoming really big :)

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 10, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »

this mod collection is becoming really big :)

I never noticed -_-

2_Wycked

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 10, 2012, 07:23:32 PM »

Are the Interstellar Federation ships buyable, or just hostile like the Nomads?

Also, what happened to the Gun Runners?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44