Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega's Minimash V1.92 .54 compatible Thanks to xenoargh  (Read 284144 times)

Blade Skydancer

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Omega's Minimash V1.6 (Continuation of DeathSG Minimash)
« Reply #255 on: April 07, 2012, 07:02:06 AM »

Hello, once again!

I seem to be running into some random crashes now that I've upgraded to 1.6. Yes, I deleted and reinstalled the mini-mash. And yes, I've deleted my saves and restarted them even though 1.6 should be save-compatible. (At least it wasn't expressly stated in the OP.) And finally, I'm running no other mods alongside this one.

Anyway, here's the new crash! It happens consistiently when I get into a fight with...I think it's a Lasher, a Hound and a Buffalo MkII. I was flying the TT ship that has four universal 270-degree gun hardpoints. Can't remember what it was called right off the top of my head.

Anyway, here's the crash log:

191413 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader  - Loading ship hull [D:\Games\Starfarer\starfarer-core\data\hulls\wasp.ship]
191415 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader  - Ship hull [Wasp] has strength 1
191415 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader  - Loading ship hull [D:\Games\Starfarer\starfarer-core\data\hulls\wolf.ship]
191416 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader  - Ship hull [Wolf] has strength 7
191416 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader  - Loading ship hull [D:\Games\Starfarer\starfarer-core\data\hulls\xyphos.ship]
191416 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader  - Ship hull [Xyphos] has strength 4
191422 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Applying data from ship_data.csv to [Demolisher]
191429 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [Demolisher_Hull] already exists
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [Demolisher_Hull] already exists
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.L.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.F.OõÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2012, 07:42:55 AM »

Hello, once again!

I seem to be running into some random crashes now that I've upgraded to 1.6. Yes, I deleted and reinstalled the mini-mash. And yes, I've deleted my saves and restarted them even though 1.6 should be save-compatible. (At least it wasn't expressly stated in the OP.) And finally, I'm running no other mods alongside this one.

Anyway, here's the new crash! It happens consistiently when I get into a fight with...I think it's a Lasher, a Hound and a Buffalo MkII. I was flying the TT ship that has four universal 270-degree gun hardpoints. Can't remember what it was called right off the top of my head.

Anyway, here's the crash log:

191413 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader  - Loading ship hull [D:\Games\Starfarer\starfarer-core\data\hulls\wasp.ship]
191415 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader  - Ship hull [Wasp] has strength 1
191415 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader  - Loading ship hull [D:\Games\Starfarer\starfarer-core\data\hulls\wolf.ship]
191416 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader  - Ship hull [Wolf] has strength 7
191416 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader  - Loading ship hull [D:\Games\Starfarer\starfarer-core\data\hulls\xyphos.ship]
191416 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader  - Ship hull [Xyphos] has strength 4
191422 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Applying data from ship_data.csv to [Demolisher]
191429 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [Demolisher_Hull] already exists
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull variant [Demolisher_Hull] already exists
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.F.OõÒ000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.super.A.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Whe looking for the error did you go from the bottem up? because that error makes no sence....

What it is saying is that there are 2 Demolisher_hull's but im looking at the file and i dont see any issues.

Blade Skydancer

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 07, 2012, 07:46:42 AM »

I did.

The error confuses me, too, as it happened whenever I engaged that Pirate battlegroup with just the Buffalo II, the Lasher and the Hound. The battle would start, then as soon as one ship got on my sensors, bam, fatal error about duplicate demolisher hulls. Which...makes no sense as there's not even a Demolisher *in* the battle.

I'll try making yet another new game and see if I can replicate the bug again. This time, I'll attach my whole log file.

EDIT: New game started(I had nuked my saves again to see if the older 1.5E save was causing problems), started with a Lasher. Engaged...I think it was a Pirate Scout with another Lasher frigate and defeated it in combat. No crash. Gonna' see if I can snag a Raiders fleet.

EDIT2: Snagged a Pirate Raiders fleet with a lone Scarab Autopulse, and waxed it. Still no crash. Starting to think that maybe nuking the saves is what fixed it, though I can't imagine why that'd be since it shouldn't have loaded any save but the one I made with this version.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 07:56:06 AM by Blade Skydancer »

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 07, 2012, 07:57:28 AM »

EDIT2: Snagged a Pirate Raiders fleet with a lone Scarab Autopulse, and waxed it. Still no crash. Starting to think that maybe nuking the saves is what fixed it, though I can't imagine why that'd be since it shouldn't have loaded any save but the one I made with this version.

I stopped asking about half of these errors... the coding for this game is REALLY picky...

*edit. Also thank goodness someone who knows how to use the modify button!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:00:25 AM by craftomega »

Levik

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 07, 2012, 08:05:02 AM »

Why do you use foreign ships in your mod without permission from the author?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:10:12 AM by Levik »

Levik

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2012, 08:30:30 AM »

All right. Let there be... But I do not agree that my ships were used here.

Temjin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 07, 2012, 09:32:07 AM »

Why do you use foreign ships in your mod without permission from the author?

Because
A) I dont need permission
B) I give full credit
and C) If they did care they could contact me and ask me to remove there stuff.

A) Technically, you do. You are infringing copyright by doing so, and while I doubt you'd get sued over it, it's generally not a nice thing to do to use other people's work without their permission.

B) Full credit only matters to some people, or if it's a Creative Commons license.

C) And would you do so? Looks like Levik doesn't want you using his stuff.

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2012, 09:39:23 AM »

If the modder does not want his work/content to be included then it is both polite and courteous to remove said content. I don't know why Levik would not want his ships/faction to be in the Minimash (and I cannot find a reason at this point in game or mod development) but it is his right I think.  ;)

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 07, 2012, 10:21:58 AM »

While people probably should ask permission before adding other peoples' work to these minimash mods, I believe that if someone does have an objection to their work being used, a quiet pm politely requesting their stuff removed would be better than going public with it right off the bat. However, if my stuff does get the interest of someone wanting it in their mod, I'd be fine so long as I be told and given credit. I'd also certainly put a link to the mod stating that my stuff features in it.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 07, 2012, 10:33:07 AM »

Just remove his stuff and it's done.

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Omega's Minimash V1.61 (Continuation of DeathSG Minimash)
« Reply #265 on: April 07, 2012, 11:06:12 AM »

V 1.61
-Removed demolisher mod
-Added Brawler Mk2

Nechrom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Omega's Minimash V1.61
« Reply #266 on: April 07, 2012, 12:26:38 PM »

I find it funny that through all the versions of New Weapons, DeathSG's Minimash and now Omega's Minimash, the Barnacle ship continues to have the same bug that I have to fix every time I download a new version.
One would think that anyone of the people involved in the creation or compilation of the mod would pick up on it eventually.
Nothing major though, just something I found funny.

Keep up the good work! ;)

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 07, 2012, 05:40:19 PM »

I find it funny that through all the versions of New Weapons, DeathSG's Minimash and now Omega's Minimash, the Barnacle ship continues to have the same bug that I have to fix every time I download a new version.
One would think that anyone of the people involved in the creation or compilation of the mod would pick up on it eventually.
Nothing major though, just something I found funny.

Keep up the good work! ;)

What bug? Are you using a mac or linux? I wish to fix it.

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 07, 2012, 10:27:36 PM »

I never played the Barnacle before, so I just took a quick look at it. Two of its small ballistic turrets both have the same ID number: "smab4". :o Two physical turrets but only one logical turret, so to speak. I should think that one of those two turrets would be unusable. I'm up way past my bedtime so I'm not about to explore further tonight.
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

Levik

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Omega's Minimash V1.61 (Continuation of DeathSG Minimash)
« Reply #269 on: April 07, 2012, 11:53:39 PM »

V 1.61
-Removed demolisher mod
-Added Brawler Mk2
Thank you
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44