Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega's Minimash V1.92 .54 compatible Thanks to xenoargh  (Read 284149 times)

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Omega's Minimash V1.5b (Continuation of DeathSG Minimash)
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2012, 01:38:42 AM »

this mod gets better and better, good job and keep it up

raGdollJaG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2012, 02:01:44 AM »

I'm experiencing precisely the same error on my Mac, concerning improper placement of hadd_blade.png. I plunked down a fresh copy of Minimash 1.5b into my Mods folder. (Yes, I know how to find my Mods folder in Mac Starfarer  ;) ) What more do I need to do to force this version to run? RagdollJAG got it to play friendly with his Mac, though; what did he do that I didn't? Really surprised here.

I opened hadd_blade.ship with textpad and looked for a piece of coding that had 'hadd_blade.png' in it and i found this:
"spriteName":"graphics\\hadd\\ships\\hadd_blade.png"
I changed the '\\' to '/'
there should be another .ship file with the same problem. just look for  the similar coding then change the same parts. it should work fine after that. :D

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2012, 02:18:38 AM »

Thank you! Those were superb directions. We fellow Mac users have to stick together.  8)

BTW the other error-causing ship was the hadd_stonehead.....the same screwed-up slashes in the filepath. After a quick fix, Minimash v1.5b is now launching perfectly.

In separate news, my heartfelt thanks to craftomega for choosing to pick up the Minimash from where DeathSG had to leave off. I'm very glad that this mod compilation is now bigger and greater than ever, due to your dedication! Thank you, dude.  ;D
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2012, 02:58:32 AM »

Thank you! Those were superb directions. We fellow Mac users have to stick together.  8)

BTW the other error-causing ship was the hadd_stonehead.....the same screwed-up slashes in the filepath. After a quick fix, Minimash v1.5b is now launching perfectly.

In separate news, my heartfelt thanks to craftomega for choosing to pick up the Minimash from where DeathSG had to leave off. I'm very glad that this mod compilation is now bigger and greater than ever, due to your dedication! Thank you, dude.  ;D

Sorry for not being more help. I guess I didnt understand the error. Im glad that some one was able to help you.

Also im glad to help make this mod better and better. I personally love it and I will continue making new ships and adding new mods.

I also updated the files with this fix.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 03:12:26 AM by craftomega »

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2012, 03:30:57 AM »

35380 [Thread-7] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/missiles/raptor_SRM.png] resource, not found in [/home/haruhara/games/starfarer/./mods/Minimash,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/missiles/raptor_SRM.png] resource, not found in [/home/haruhara/games/starfarer/./mods/Minimash,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
   at com.fs.util.Object.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.util.Object.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.H.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.G.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
=========================================================================================================
^^^^
That's what Starfarer spits out when I try to run your mod, Starfarer refuses to run with it selected.
I've bin able to locate the file. Seems to be in the right folder but it's wrongly named. It has a capital letter in the filename but not in the code, I think that's the hiccup. Linux is fickle about that.
Tried running it once more, now I get this.
=========================================================================================================
12469 [Thread-7] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics\hadd\ships\hadd_blade.png] resource, not found in [/home/haruhara/games/starfarer/./mods/Minimash,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics\hadd\ships\hadd_blade.png] resource, not found in [/home/haruhara/games/starfarer/./mods/Minimash,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
   at com.fs.util.Object.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.util.Object.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.H.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.G.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
Also located that file, nothing wrong with path or name. Don't know what it wants. I've checked permissions, seems ok.
Any idea's?

PS: this is with the latest download, just downloaded it.

EDIT: Wait, I think I see it, it's the / and \, those look weird. Not sure what to do about that though, it's your code.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:16:06 AM by Vandala »

D0vahkiin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2012, 06:43:34 AM »

Vandala, I think the problem is on your end. The newest version runs just fine for me.

Anyways, if you guys are okay with it, I could finish up some ship descriptions.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2012, 06:50:39 AM »

Vandala, I think the problem is on your end. The newest version runs just fine for me.

Anyways, if you guys are okay with it, I could finish up some ship descriptions.
That does not explain the difference in / and \ between the two error messages, which I find odd.

Besides what could I do wrong? Download the mod, unpack into the Starfarer mod folder and that ought to work right? (after you activate it in the mod list)

What operating system are you running?

D0vahkiin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2012, 07:24:42 AM »

That does not explain the difference in / and \ between the two error messages, which I find odd.

Besides what could I do wrong? Download the mod, unpack into the Starfarer mod folder and that ought to work right? (after you activate it in the mod list)

What operating system are you running?

I have Windows 7 64bit. Anyways, maybe you had a derp moment and forgot to delete the old one? Have you restarted your PC, etc, all the usual stuff? Or reinstalled Starfarer?

Not a coder, so can't really tell apart more complex error messages.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:31:00 AM by D0vahkiin »

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2012, 07:46:52 AM »

LOL

Sorry. You have to understand that Windows and Linux are rather different beasts. Just because something works for you means nothing for my system.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that I did not have a derp moment, the recollection of what I did is still fresh in my mind.

Plus, you don't need to restart Linux pc's for this sort of thing. (or anything almost, many Linux systems are know to run without stop for years)
I'm also quite certain I will not need to reinstall Starfarer as I doubt mods actually alter the original program's files.

A funny difference between the two systems is their partition tables and file systems and structure. Linux uses the / symbol to indicate directory structure, Windows uses \ . This can lead to problems if you specifically tell a program to use one instead of the other. But the problem here is weirder then that.

If you compare the two errors you can see the difference with the / and \ symbols. This to me looks abnormal since no matter what system you use you want to have all of those be the same no matter which symbol you use.

I don't know much but this little bit I do recognize. Sadly I don't know where this code is stored so I can't alter it myself, so I can't experiment. What I don't get is how you don't have a problem.

I don't mean to offend.

D0vahkiin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2012, 07:58:02 AM »

Sorry. You have to understand that Windows and Linux are rather different beasts. Just because something works for you means nothing for my system.

I had no idea you had Linux, and it was pretty safe to assume that you have Windows. And I do know the differences between the two.

But yeah, sounds rather trivial.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2012, 08:06:56 AM »

Always safe to bet on Windows.

But, no it's not trivial, it means it doesn't function (for me at least) since it's giving wrong directions, so it will never ever find the file even when it's right there. I do hope it's trivial to fix.

Still doesn't explain why it works for you, if you have the same version then you must get both errors as well. I understand why you would not get the first one, windows doesn't care about capital letters, Linux does. I think windows should care about directory structure, but don't quote me on that one. Maybe it just doesn't care about that either. Windows is so annoying, no standards with that system.

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2012, 08:38:18 AM »

The raptor_SRM.png.

The r is capitalized.

simply change it to a small r.

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2012, 08:40:07 AM »

The raptor_SRM.png.

The r is capitalized.

My fault. i have never tested the weapons pack on linux

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2012, 08:44:39 AM »

The raptor_SRM.png.

The r is capitalized.

My fault. i have never tested the weapons pack on linux

Dude.... are you like stalking my posts....this was almost instant response.

Also... the hadd_blade.png issue does not make any sense. I’ve checked the coding....

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2012, 08:58:51 AM »

I'm behind you  8)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44