Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.52a (Released) - Patch Notes  (Read 317950 times)

ClosetGoth

• Commander
  • Permanently TTRPG-brained
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer 0.52a (In Development) - Live Patch Notes
« Reply #405 on: April 26, 2012, 09:06:27 PM »

Sorry in advance for not contributing directly to the thread, I just came here to say that the amount of gameplay mechanics (however minuscule) added in the most recent patch notes is STAGGERING.

The things that caught my attention:
"Conquest: increased flux capacity and dissipation, greatly reduced shield efficiency"
 – I like this change, because it would seem to more balance the focus between the weaponry and the shields, befitting a midline-tech ship.

"Modding-related: ..."
 – In general, the focus on modding is really... heartwarming!

"Can set groups to have autofire toggled on automatically before battle"
"Saves zoom level in the campaign, and zoom level and view location in the campaign map"
"Improved mod selection dialog"
"Fixed issue where wrong tooltip would show up in the refit screen for ships with weapons that are close together"
 – Reading this just erased many of my gripes dealing with the UI. I feel like the game has already become more relaxing/intense, from the removal of "enjoyment obstacles".

The things that really caught my attention:
"Added 'Run Simulation' option to the refit screen"
 – This made me giggly, because I remember sparking interest in this by starting a thread on it!

"Made aware of when a ship's best firepower is a broadside"
 – This was heavily suggested, and our pleas were answered!

"Added an abandoned storage facility in orbit around the sun-scorched world of Corvus I"
 – If this is effectively a personal storage facility, then I am even more excited for 0.52a! It is nice to see player storage appear, as we will need it with the invention of accidents.
Starfaring since the very beginning of 2012

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 26, 2012, 09:15:55 PM »

*drools*  :o

The waiting, it's horrible.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 26, 2012, 09:39:33 PM »

Whooo more buffs to ships I like!  :D

Hammerhead and conquest will kick so much more butt now.  (honestly I don't use the shields that much on my conquests.)

So many changes. You are amazing fractalsoftworks team.  :D
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 26, 2012, 09:41:29 PM »

• For UI consistency, pressing TAB no longer closes the map when on the map tab
:'(

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 26, 2012, 09:48:18 PM »

Conquest: increased flux capacity and dissipation, greatly reduced shield efficiency
But... wouldn't that make the ship's shield effectively as bad as some lower tech ships and freighters? And wouldn't it make the shield worse than an Atlas or Onslaught shield despite a Conquest being higher tech? Not that it's wrong, but... I'm not 100% sure on it.

Hammerhead: increased arc of medium hardpoints to 10 degrees (up from 5)
...Personally, I thought the Hammerhead was already awesome, but I'm not complaining!

For UI consistency, pressing TAB no longer closes the map when on the map tab
Personally, I like hitting tab again to close it. It allows me to take a quick peek and then exit it with minimal effort. :-\

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #410 on: April 26, 2012, 10:02:51 PM »

WOW. Wanted to pinpoint some specific features added later to the list, but after reading the whole list the number of exact features growed up considerably.

So i`m just posting the most important to me (especially the replace option):

- "totalConversion":"true" or "false" - makes it so that selecting this mod unselects everything else, and selecting another mods unselects this on - i.e., you can't combine this mod with other mods
- "replace" - a JSON array of filenames for files that the mod replaces entirely, instead of merging with data from the base game. Useful for a total conversion that may want to entirely replace the list of missions (so that the vanilla missions don't show up at all), the player.faction, or the list of available simulation opponents. Example: "replace":["data/missions/mission_list.csv",] - will replace mission list with ones from mod.

potsh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 27, 2012, 12:03:19 AM »

“UI improvements:
Added "Run Simulation" option to the refit screen (deploys current variant, lets you pick some opponents)
Trade UI changes

Presents the tabbed UI, allows to switch between different tabs while trading
Can refit ship while docked with station and purchase weapons from station from the refit screen

Added "refit ships" option to orbital station dialog
Ship refitted at a station are fully fitted immediately and do not need to wait a few days for hullmods to take effect”

Love this 3 changes so much!
It brings to us much convenience!

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 27, 2012, 12:26:11 AM »

Quote from: Alex
-Added "Run Simulation" option to the refit screen (deploys current variant, lets you pick some opponents)
-Opponents that can be picked for the simulation available from the refit screen can be set in data/campaign/sim_opponents.csv

Super excited about this feature, especially as a modder! It will definitely help when it comes to deciding on variant loadouts and overall playtesting.

Quote from: Alex
Ammo counter now shows 4 digits

It's the little things in life...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:28:39 AM by keptin »

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 27, 2012, 12:30:11 AM »

Broadside AI!???

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!

RELEASE NAO!!!!!!  >:(

mmm.... tartiflette

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 27, 2012, 01:23:46 AM »

Hammerhead: increased arc of medium hardpoints to 10 degrees (up from 5)

GOOD GOD ....I've been waiting for this...At last I can finally use BOTH thoses hardpoints at the same time without being able of fitting a damn lasher class in the gap between them things...Well hopefully...

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 27, 2012, 01:38:55 AM »

Oh-ho-hooo Merry Christmas community!

Made aware of when a ship's best firepower is a broadside (either due to overall loadout or temporarily disabled weapons) - Can't wait to see how it is in real combat :D

Has higher-level tactical awareness and tries to avoid being swarmed - Big Scourge nerf xD

All Modding-Related Changes - <3

Added "Run Simulation" option to the refit screen (deploys current variant, lets you pick some opponents) - Awesome, one thing I was really missing when acquiring new stuff for the first time (and that's just a small thing, it's an awesome feature overall)

Can refit ship while docked with station and purchase weapons from station from the refit screen - Better gameplay experience (maybe in some distant future when every single ship really matters, they will only be refittable in stations?)

Autofire Auto Toggle\Saved Zoom Level - Great work listening to the community feedback Alex (sometimes us leeches can prove somewhat useful!)

stardidi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 27, 2012, 01:43:11 AM »

I think it's amazing that you've put so many changes that the community requested in the game in so little time:
Run Simulation, Refit while Docked, Autofire toggle, Storage Station, etc.

Keep up the good work Alex.

Cryten

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 27, 2012, 02:24:55 AM »

I am impressed by the new changes, there are alot of quality of life implementations that I am going to be glad to see. Especially the saved autofire and zoom options.

Altraum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 27, 2012, 03:25:57 AM »

Hoy,

If the unused station can be used by players, this is really going to be fun!

Some options I would like you to think about, if you haven't allready.

1. Some way to tweak the aggressivness of ships, I really don't want my expensive fighters and frigates to be suicidal. The improved anti-swarm AI might improve survivability enough.

2. Combat rearming, as some other ppl have mentioned. Would've been cool to have a transport like ship send out a shuttle to rearm those missiles and torps.

Altraum...

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 27, 2012, 07:28:56 AM »

Where would the music for travelling be specified? In the modgen our .json file for sound?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 45