Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alt Tab problems while windowed fullscreen  (Read 2125 times)

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
Alt Tab problems while windowed fullscreen
« on: March 05, 2020, 07:59:14 AM »

Why does this have such a hard time working? Have my res set to my native resolution, not full screen, and alt tabbing MIGHT work one in twenty tries. Is there anything i can do to have alt tab functionality work reliably? (sometimes not even the task manager can come to the front, though when it does i can then alt tab between apps)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Alt Tab problems while windowed fullscreen
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 08:08:30 AM »

Hmm. Is it the same behavior if you *do* check fullscreen? Either way, though, I'd expect this to be related to possibly some software that's running at the same time, or for this to be a driver issue.

Generally speaking, running at full resolution but not fullscreen makes alt-tabbing work faster, though graphics drivers definitely have a special case for this - it's not treated quite as a window or as fullscreen.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 10:11:40 AM »

Yeah, all i have running in the background is my browser. Could be a driver issue, still using an amd card. havent tried with full screen selected, though will give that a try. when i alt tab my cursor changes, and i can interact with my browser (click hyperlinks and such) but the game remains visibly on top.

edit - alt tab seems fine in fullscreen... aside from the momentary delay introduced by being in full screen mod
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:31:57 AM by Stormy Fairweather »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 11:00:31 AM »

Yeah, that's probably it then. If you press windows key - D that might minimize the game while in "windowed fullscreen" mode; sometimes that'll do the job if for some reason alt-tabbing doesn't.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 01:55:59 PM »

heh, for all the times that windows key got me killed in PoE i disabled it right through the registry

edit - just a quick question about another thing if you see this. i have a hegemony fleet in one of my systems 'raiding' it, apparently by flying around and doing nothing. it isnt hostile, and isnt part of an expedition. my relations with hegemony are not good, but not hostile either. is this intended behavior?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 02:19:58 PM by Stormy Fairweather »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 07:09:35 PM »

edit - just a quick question about another thing if you see this. i have a hegemony fleet in one of my systems 'raiding' it, apparently by flying around and doing nothing. it isnt hostile, and isnt part of an expedition. my relations with hegemony are not good, but not hostile either. is this intended behavior?
That sounds like the non-event raiding fleet feature from Vayra's Sector. It periodically generates fleets to do stuff, which can include attacking pirate/Pather bases.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 01:10:27 AM »

sounds about right, thanks for clearing that up