Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1561632 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: Uomoz's Corvus 15: Recruitment (Factions Collection)
« Reply #555 on: June 07, 2012, 09:21:08 AM »

If you only got this kind of support for AAA games.

Maybe in dreams? :)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 07, 2012, 09:37:35 AM »

Maybe in dreams? :)

I must say, I am very happy with Uomoz's dedication to his faction collection. He had been busy with uni or college work I believe, but has now returned full force!  8)

It makes it a lot easier and a lot more encouraging for mod makers to update their work more frequently, since the results will be implemented and accessible real fast.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 07, 2012, 09:41:24 AM »

I'm actually under exams *again*  ::). But I'll keep on dedicating a good amount of my free time to this compilation, if the content you guys produce keep on being so good.

I just miss the time to play the game and that's why I need playtesters now more then ever, like NikolaiLev ;).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:43:08 AM by Uomoz »

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 07, 2012, 01:41:31 PM »

I'm actually under exams *again*  ::). But I'll keep on dedicating a good amount of my free time to this compilation, if the content you guys produce keep on being so good.

I just miss the time to play the game and that's why I need playtesters now more then ever, like NikolaiLev ;).

Fear not, monsieur!  Still as hard at work as ever!

snickergigglechortleguffaw, it cracks me up every time

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 07, 2012, 02:08:19 PM »

I'll playtest.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 07, 2012, 02:46:42 PM »

You do know how to ruin a day :)

Wait what?

Modding is a thankless hobby.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 07, 2012, 09:17:19 PM »

So whats the deal with killing the scourge heart or whatever? Do they all die instantly or just no more large spawns when the asteroid nears the sun

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 07, 2012, 10:08:44 PM »

So whats the deal with killing the scourge heart or whatever? Do they all die instantly or just no more large spawns when the asteroid nears the sun

As far as I know, the script that causes the asteroid events is only active while the scourge heart lives.
So if you were to destroy the scourge heart fleet, it would deactivate all scourge activity permanently.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Uomoz's Corvus 14: Incursions & Relics (Factions Collection)
« Reply #563 on: June 08, 2012, 01:49:34 AM »

Uomoz, was there any follow-up question after asking if I was on Linux? I'm on Ubuntu.

I've been training in the mountains (just like Rocky IV) for a scenario like this. Incoming wall of text, but it WILL answer your questions.

Allow me to step in here, I have Ubuntu 12.04, (because I'm not a fossil, get that upgraded son) and if you read further back into the thread you'd see me asking a lot of the same questions. The answer is simple, "typos", "typos" as far as the eye can see, "typos" within "typos". A kind of "typo"-ception if you will. Why the " you might ask? Because windows doesn't really care if a word is capitalized or not, it's a bit of a grammar slob. Linux on the other hand is the exact opposite. It's a grammar Nazi and if you tell it to look for a file, lets call it Apples, it needs to be spelled capital A Apples because if it's spelled lowercase a apples linux will spit it out like poison. So, what linux is looking for is AntediluvianSpawnPoint.java (assuming you're running ver.14) and it will never find it. Why you might ask? Because its extension is spelled .JAVA not .java, .JAVA might as well be Chinese as far as linux is concerned. Rename the file extension to .java and it should work just fine.

Assuming that's the only problem you're having...

I can't remember how many fixes I had to perform on the Antediluvian stuff to get it to fly straight. I know I had to rename the graphics folder from Antediluvians to antediluvians rename all the portraits, and then go into all the Ante ships hull files and fix their extensions I just can't remember if there was anything else.

I'll change the extentions to be lower case for the next release, so that Linux users won't keep running into these issues.

Strange though. I capitalized the extentions because, for me, the original game had capitalized extentions. Trying to be thorough and consistant, I changed all extentions to be capitalized.

Well, it is not letting me create lowercase extensions. I suppose this is because Windows is case insensitive. If I save the file with a lower case extension, it will just revert back to upper case. Also, I've checked the Uomoz mod after downloading, and all extensions show up as upper case for me. I have started making all file names lower case though. For example, the portrait file names were uppercase (Antediluvian_Portrait_01_Final), but it was looking for file names with all lower case characters (antediluvian_portrait_01_final). This works fine with Windows, but not with Linux, so I've changed that. I'm also making sure the folders are lowercase. For example, it was looking for graphics in the 'antediluvian' folder, when the actual folder name was 'Antediluvian'.

[edit]
Even using software like "Extension Changer" yields no results. I am beginning to wonder if windows just displays the type in upper case, when infact it is already in lower case. For example, under "properties > filetype" it says "SHIP-file (.ship)".

SOLVED IT!

That was EXACTLY the problem. In windows explorer, it always shows the file extension in UPPER CASE for me, under type. Closer examination under file properties revealed that it is either upper or lower case. This is extremely annoying, because it is impossible to see the file extension at first glance. Must be a Vista thing. Never had this issue under XP.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 02:30:46 AM by Erick Doe »

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 08, 2012, 03:17:39 AM »

Hey Erick, while you're here, I don't suppose I can get an update on whether or not we can get an Antediluvian station, so we can play as the faction?

I'd love to take on Corvus with those speedy, hardy ships.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 08, 2012, 04:05:12 AM »

Hey Erick, while you're here, I don't suppose I can get an update on whether or not we can get an Antediluvian station, so we can play as the faction?

I'd love to take on Corvus with those speedy, hardy ships.

Well. I suppose the war would ultimately wear down the Antediluvians, as natural metals mined from the planet's submerged surface would become scarce. A lack of materials might force them to sell off their designs for credits, which in turn would allow them to purchase raw materials to produce additional ships. This would justify them selling their tech at an orbital station.

I will have to create supply fleets. And spawn a station near Atlantis.

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 08, 2012, 09:50:12 AM »

Start working for Fractalsoftworks and we will have the next patch in hours ;)
In Alex's defense, I'm pretty sure he's giving more time than Uomoz is. He's making a whole new feature you know  :-\

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 08, 2012, 10:01:55 AM »

Start working for Fractalsoftworks and we will have the next patch in hours ;)
In Alex's defense, I'm pretty sure he's giving more time than Uomoz is. He's making a whole new feature you know  :-\

Wait, you can't compare the small work I put into this mod to what Alex (and the rest of the staff) do daily. I just put together stuff made by others, in a simple and not-creative process.

Brigan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 08, 2012, 10:48:52 AM »

Would you think it's bad to add the Omega Class Try-Tachion vessel into this Mash? :D

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 08, 2012, 11:05:10 AM »

Would you think it's bad to add the Omega Class Try-Tachion vessel into this Mash? :D

Yep.

And it's not a mash, it's the first and original factions collection ;).
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 275