Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1561232 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *TuP poll in the OP*
« Reply #3750 on: May 24, 2014, 07:54:45 AM »

I think...I think one of the Exigency ships is horribly, HORRIBLY broken right now (at least, with the official release, not the daily dev builds).  It's with the smallest ship, the Elhiur.  I somehow got the blueprint for it after defeating a Just Pirate fleet that had somehow captured an Elhiur frigate.  What are the chances of that. ;D  Anyways, the problem:

Costs 10 Electronics to produce.  0 days to produce.  1200 credits to make, 2200 credits selling price.  God almighty, that's more than an 80% profit, almost instantly.  So yea, you might want to fix that Uomoz. ;) Sure, having more than 100K credits (plus many, MANY sacrificial frigates ;)) is nice and all, but all good things must come to an end. :(
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 07:57:14 AM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: May 24, 2014, 08:20:41 AM »

Edit: Just wanted to point out that the atlas superfreighter can not be converted into TuP civilian cruiser version of the atlas.

I'm pretty sure Uomoz cut the Damocles (the converted Atlas) from UsS. The Overlord is still in though, but it is a capitalship.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: May 24, 2014, 09:00:14 AM »

I'm pretty sure Uomoz cut the Damocles (the converted Atlas) from UsS.

To me it's still the best looking TuP ship (with the Hermit). While it's not a very good cruiser, it still have some use against carrier based fleets thanks to its built in frag bombs.

Golol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: May 24, 2014, 01:42:14 PM »

could it be that boarding is harder in Uomoz? I don't know why it should be but I really have this feeling. In vanilla boarding worked 90% of the time, now it works 10% of the time...

pyg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: May 24, 2014, 06:48:09 PM »

I restarted my game after 1.3 came out to fully test it and at some point after both noticed Zero to SDF thread and accidentally ran into the Corvus SDF before I thought I was ready for it.  I stuck it out as it seemed rather light (only 1 Onslaught, 2 Dreadnoughts, 1 Dominator, and 2 Achilles plus etc.) and scraped a victory at level 20.  The date was Oct 20 206.  I did not use Ironman/mode but also only rarely quit an overmatched battle as it's usually worth the experience if you can take the financial hit.  I thought the game start date was March something 206, so I'm pretty sure Thaago's Jan 8 206 is impossible to beat.  IMO, a possibly better metric than date is level, as in what level can you beat the SDF at.  Prior to this I have never even attempted to before level 30+.  Other settings I change are flagship takes full damage (why isn't this default) and although I don't crank up battle size it's modded up so far beyond vanilla it's tricky to just be a good pilot.  Anyone else roll the SDF yet?

@Uomoz: Zero bugs/complaints for 1.3 after 6-8 hours gaming time.  Edit: Except for some stuff with Shaderlib (distortions are off center) which has already been reported/known.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 06:53:23 PM by pyg »

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: May 26, 2014, 02:18:18 AM »

Just got a clean install of SS, made all prep work suggested in an OP (hmm, am I right understanding that "put jre 64bit in the main Starsector folder" means "install Java 64 bit into "jre" folder of SS root erasing said folder's previous content beforehead"?), hoping for some "improved stability" and "optimised performance" I believe I read about some 10-20 pages ago.
Sadly, USJ still acts as weirdly as before: it took like 15 seconds to F5 or F9 (which might works as intended TBH), it tends to stuck dead on loading after 10-15 quickloads, which is easily wasted on 2 cases of making sure my fleet won't let enemy ship to run away on autocombat, forcing me to kill the game and relaunch it every 10 minutes, and ultimately it corrupts saves after 50-70 quicksaves or quickloads, don't know which one exactly to blame. I stopped playing USJ yesterday after finding out it not only corrupted quicksave but also backup quicksave, which is really sad as I was looking so much to the next release of USJ.

Is there anything I could do locally to improve the situation, or it's safe to conclude that my PC just isn't compatible with USJ and close the case?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: May 26, 2014, 05:25:46 AM »

@Creepin
Yea, I did just that and the game ran fine after replacing the 32-bit Java with a 64-bit Java.  Although the time it takes to load - that's something I go through a lot.  My way is to just kill the scum-saving habit - go with what you get (aside from running into the Junk Pirate's Retained Defense Fleet ;)).  A lot more fun that way, too. :)
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

spudcosmic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: May 26, 2014, 10:29:03 AM »

I have an idea for a trade system that might suffice until we get the trade update, whenever that is to come.

My idea works a lot like the bounty system, in which you go to a station and accept a trade deal. These trade deals would ask you to transport a specific resource(s) or ships to another station. After reaching that station you'd get payed depending on how much of said resource you were able to bring, making it important to have many good freighters.

A mining system would also be nice, and maybe the ability to turn ore from asteroids into ship parts? Just a few ideas.

Tschudy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: May 26, 2014, 01:48:05 PM »

I don't suppose a spreadsheet exists for all the ships available in this mod?  I'm trying to find a decent carrier with a fast burn since the Kaldur are gone :(.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: May 26, 2014, 02:22:41 PM »

Yo! Thanks for all the feedback!

I don't suppose a spreadsheet exists for all the ships available in this mod?  I'm trying to find a decent carrier with a fast burn since the Kaldur are gone :(.

If you want ship data, take a look inside data/hulls/ship_data (inside the mod folder).

I have an idea for a trade system that might suffice until we get the trade update, whenever that is to come.

My idea works a lot like the bounty system, in which you go to a station and accept a trade deal. These trade deals would ask you to transport a specific resource(s) or ships to another station. After reaching that station you'd get payed depending on how much of said resource you were able to bring, making it important to have many good freighters.

A mining system would also be nice, and maybe the ability to turn ore from asteroids into ship parts? Just a few ideas.

Yeah in due time both those will be implemented, I'm just waiting the next official update to see myself the vanilla implementation.

Just got a clean install of SS, made all prep work suggested in an OP (hmm, am I right understanding that "put jre 64bit in the main Starsector folder" means "install Java 64 bit into "jre" folder of SS root erasing said folder's previous content beforehead"?), hoping for some "improved stability" and "optimised performance" I believe I read about some 10-20 pages ago.
Sadly, USJ still acts as weirdly as before: it took like 15 seconds to F5 or F9 (which might works as intended TBH), it tends to stuck dead on loading after 10-15 quickloads, which is easily wasted on 2 cases of making sure my fleet won't let enemy ship to run away on autocombat, forcing me to kill the game and relaunch it every 10 minutes, and ultimately it corrupts saves after 50-70 quicksaves or quickloads, don't know which one exactly to blame. I stopped playing USJ yesterday after finding out it not only corrupted quicksave but also backup quicksave, which is really sad as I was looking so much to the next release of USJ.

Is there anything I could do locally to improve the situation, or it's safe to conclude that my PC just isn't compatible with USJ and close the case?

Just to be sure, the content of your jre looks like this right? I didn't see my saves getting corrupted in a long time, it's pretty hard to know whats wrong when pcs behave in such a different way on the same build. My save time is constantly around 3-5 secs at most, never actually degrading over time. I don't even compress the save data to be perfectly sure there's no corruption. Are you sure you set the vparams adequately?

I restarted my game after 1.3 came out to fully test it and at some point after both noticed Zero to SDF thread and accidentally ran into the Corvus SDF before I thought I was ready for it.  I stuck it out as it seemed rather light (only 1 Onslaught, 2 Dreadnoughts, 1 Dominator, and 2 Achilles plus etc.) and scraped a victory at level 20.  The date was Oct 20 206.  I did not use Ironman/mode but also only rarely quit an overmatched battle as it's usually worth the experience if you can take the financial hit.  I thought the game start date was March something 206, so I'm pretty sure Thaago's Jan 8 206 is impossible to beat.  IMO, a possibly better metric than date is level, as in what level can you beat the SDF at.  Prior to this I have never even attempted to before level 30+.  Other settings I change are flagship takes full damage (why isn't this default) and although I don't crank up battle size it's modded up so far beyond vanilla it's tricky to just be a good pilot.  Anyone else roll the SDF yet?

@Uomoz: Zero bugs/complaints for 1.3 after 6-8 hours gaming time.  Edit: Except for some stuff with Shaderlib (distortions are off center) which has already been reported/known.

Well done! I wish I had a video of that fight :)

could it be that boarding is harder in Uomoz? I don't know why it should be but I really have this feeling. In vanilla boarding worked 90% of the time, now it works 10% of the time...

That setting is completely unchanged from vanilla.

I'm pretty sure Uomoz cut the Damocles (the converted Atlas) from UsS.

To me it's still the best looking TuP ship (with the Hermit). While it's not a very good cruiser, it still have some use against carrier based fleets thanks to its built in frag bombs.

I will put the damocles back in then.

I think...I think one of the Exigency ships is horribly, HORRIBLY broken right now (at least, with the official release, not the daily dev builds).  It's with the smallest ship, the Elhiur.  I somehow got the blueprint for it after defeating a Just Pirate fleet that had somehow captured an Elhiur frigate.  What are the chances of that. ;D  Anyways, the problem:

Costs 10 Electronics to produce.  0 days to produce.  1200 credits to make, 2200 credits selling price.  God almighty, that's more than an 80% profit, almost instantly.  So yea, you might want to fix that Uomoz. ;) Sure, having more than 100K credits (plus many, MANY sacrificial frigates ;)) is nice and all, but all good things must come to an end. :(

Nice catch! Fixed :D

Hey, I wanted to thank you for letting me know about that setting file for ShaderLib, I'm good to go now!

I haven't been playing for long but I wanted to point out that I'm having trouble finding destroyer sized cargo freighters in shops. I read about how  you nerfed ship buying, but you also pointed out that they keep civilian vessels stocked, so am I really unlucky or is there a problem here?

Also, I wanted to know, if there is any mining/trade system in place, or is the main source of profit in this mod from looting ships?

Edit: Just wanted to point out that the atlas superfreighter can not be converted into TuP civilian cruiser version of the atlas.

1) Probably unlucky, or the faction misses destroyer sized civ ships.
2) Right now the only way to progress is through fighting as in vanilla, but it will change in time!

I'm pretty alright with purchasing of ships being "nerfed"; it reinforces the spirit of making do with whatever you can get your hands on that I find so fun in this mod and it makes those times that you do find a good ship in the store to be more special.

Nice, thanks!

Tschudy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: May 26, 2014, 05:02:31 PM »

I'm not very familiar with open office, is there a way to make the data more readable?  Right now it looks like its all crammed into one column with no apparent rhyme or reason to the organization.  I'm trying to see if there are any carriers close to the Kaldur's Rhuk.  It had 2 flight decks, 8 small universal turrets, and like a 7 or 8 base max burn.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: May 26, 2014, 05:22:17 PM »

I'm not very familiar with open office, is there a way to make the data more readable?  Right now it looks like its all crammed into one column with no apparent rhyme or reason to the organization.  I'm trying to see if there are any carriers close to the Kaldur's Rhuk.  It had 2 flight decks, 8 small universal turrets, and like a 7 or 8 base max burn.

Edit: Forgot to mention this, but to get the information you want will require looking at both the ship_data.CSV and individual .SHIP files...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 05:28:00 PM by MesoTroniK »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: May 26, 2014, 05:49:31 PM »

New video of a showcase mission (with randomized stuff for both parties).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2XmoZYjYio&feature=youtu.be

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: May 26, 2014, 11:58:40 PM »

Just to be sure, the content of your jre looks like this right? I didn't see my saves getting corrupted in a long time, it's pretty hard to know whats wrong when pcs behave in such a different way on the same build. My save time is constantly around 3-5 secs at most, never actually degrading over time. I don't even compress the save data to be perfectly sure there's no corruption. Are you sure you set the vparams adequately?
Hey Uomoz, thanks for your reply! Just checked and my "jre" folder looks exactly like yours, up to filesizes. As for vparams, I believe it's correctly altered, but I'll attach it here just in case:
Spoiler
Code
-server -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt -Djava.library.path=native\\windows -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -classpath janino.jar;commons-compiler.jar;commons-compiler-jdk.jar;starfarer.api.jar;starfarer_obf.jar;jogg-0.0.7.jar;jorbis-0.0.15.jar;json.jar;lwjgl.jar;jinput.jar;log4j-1.2.9.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;fs.sound_obf.jar;fs.common_obf.jar;xstream-1.4.2.jar -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=..\\saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=..\\screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=..\\mods -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher
[close]
Maybe I should have installed Java to Program Files and copy its folder to SS's "jre"? Also, Ive noticed that Okim recommends to change all 512s into 1024s in vparams in his mod thread, while your instruction is to change only one of two. At the same time, in another topic he recommends changing it to 512/2048 for Win7 64... guess I'm just gonna try all the options to see if any will work for me.

Anyways, I've come up with workaround so far: I'm trying to f5/f9 less as The Soldier suggested, and to made designated backup saves sometimes, so far - so good. Still I've got to divert my gameplay from how I wanted to play to how I'm allowed to play in order to not to corrupt the saves, so I would be really happy if this bug could be purged :)
P.S. I'm running SS on Win7 64 if that matters.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 07:57:50 AM by Creepin »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*
« Reply #3764 on: May 27, 2014, 12:00:44 PM »

It's not so much of a bug as a memory issue (I think, at least).  Your computer gets rather grumpy with loading more information over and over, thus it slows down, sometimes crashes.  That's with my experience.

Oh, and nice trailer Uomoz. :) Lots and lots of ships, not like it's the complete opposite of what the Campaign is like... ;) Still, shows off the mod rather well with all its components.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 275