Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nexerelin pirate start  (Read 5521 times)

NuzakFarnas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Nexerelin pirate start
« on: November 02, 2019, 03:28:46 AM »

Konnichiwa,
I started playing Starsector about two weeks ago, and have been in love with it since. Best Game Ever!
Got an idea that I want to play as a pirate and join the pirates, sell them nano forges and extra blueprints. But I don't know if I become friendly, and above will they still spawn bases around my colony and attack me?
Anybody got experience with that?
I don't want to shoot myself in the foot as I did in this playthrough by selling blueprints and nano forge on the black market.
Thank you in advance.

FAX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Nexerelin pirate start
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 04:12:41 AM »

In my experience, the debuff of Pirate Attack will not effect your colony when you get firendly relationship with Pirate, instead of -1 to 3 stability and -10% to 30% negotiability. This is what I saw in a pirate colony.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 05:41:48 AM »

Pirate Activity mitigation from high rep requires Nexerelin mod.

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 04:29:38 PM »

Pirate Activity mitigation from high rep requires Nexerelin mod.

It does say in the title "Nexerelin pirate start"

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 05:40:05 AM »

i think playing as pirate is most fun and also most relaxed. You don't have to worry about pirates that raiding your colony instead you need pirate raiders in your home system so they can help you against hegemony-league-diktat raids. Only thing that gonna affect your stability is luddic path and their cells. I should start playing as luddic path later to see if they reduce my stability.

always collect weapons and store them when playing as pirates because you not going to find weapons for your ships most of the time. Also try to increase your rep with independent so they can bring better ships/weapons to pirate bases so you can prepare yourself for colonies. Also I highly suggest getting atleast 1 capital ship before going for colonies, otherwise you will have hard time to defend your colony. Colony orbital defence station is very important, staying near defence station with your capital ship will help you survive against hordes of hostile ships. I usually send 2 carrier and 1 capital ship when enemies attack my colony. I just hug my station and win against more than 4-5 hostile capitals with more than 20 smaller ships.

one of the biggest advantage for playing as pirate is, you can use pirate bases that is built far from core systems so its very useful for deep space exploration. Also do not fly around with transponder on, you don't need transponder if you are pirate anyway. However some dumb pirate fleet can attack you while you are exploring outer systems even though if you turn on your transponder so if you think you can take out that dumb pirate fleet do it with transponder off so they not going to know who you are and then you will stay friendly with pirates still
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 06:09:22 AM by tokmak333 »

FAX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 06:51:04 AM »

I usually send 2 carrier and 1 capital ship when enemies attack my colony. I just hug my station and win against more than 4-5 hostile capitals with more than 20 smaller ships.
That's really boring! I'm tired of these station which I just fight with/against almost 1 year since the 0.9 release. ::)

There are many benefits of course, but I can't refuse the great profit of taking over Pirate colonies. Most of their fleets are outgunned and their army is even weaker.

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 07:51:43 AM »

I usually send 2 carrier and 1 capital ship when enemies attack my colony. I just hug my station and win against more than 4-5 hostile capitals with more than 20 smaller ships.
That's really boring! I'm tired of these station which I just fight with/against almost 1 year since the 0.9 release. ::)
yeah basically stations become overpowered with players but if its attacking player fleet its very weak. Players are op nerf plz thank :P