Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105392 times)

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.2.1)
« Reply #2460 on: April 27, 2023, 11:28:21 PM »

Good day.  I'll be honest.  In almost all sessions, I used another modification for terraforming, but in the current session, I decided to try this modification anyway and before starting, I opened the settings file and began to understand it.  I was very much surprised and puzzled.  There is much more content in the settings file than on the first page.  Now knowing what this modification is capable of, I treat it completely differently, now it is indispensable in my sessions in it I found those things that I have been waiting for a long time (hydroponics, building a hypershunt, building gates and much more).  For the sake of Saint Ludd, for the sake of the people of the entire sector, and for a confident victory over the artificial intelligence fleets, please consider the following suggestions:
1 make a more detailed description of all possible modification functions on the first page.  The description can be misleading;
2 make it easier to manage settings, for example with lunalib, with which setting up mods before starting a session is very convenient.
Thank you very much for the modification and I wish you great creative success.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: April 28, 2023, 06:12:24 AM »

Good day.  I'll be honest.  In almost all sessions, I used another modification for terraforming, but in the current session, I decided to try this modification anyway and before starting, I opened the settings file and began to understand it.  I was very much surprised and puzzled.  There is much more content in the settings file than on the first page.  Now knowing what this modification is capable of, I treat it completely differently, now it is indispensable in my sessions in it I found those things that I have been waiting for a long time (hydroponics, building a hypershunt, building gates and much more).  For the sake of Saint Ludd, for the sake of the people of the entire sector, and for a confident victory over the artificial intelligence fleets, please consider the following suggestions:
1 make a more detailed description of all possible modification functions on the first page.  The description can be misleading;
2 make it easier to manage settings, for example with lunalib, with which setting up mods before starting a session is very convenient.
Thank you very much for the modification and I wish you great creative success.

Hello,

I'm glad you're enjoying TASC!

I have those options disabled in the settings file because I think they're unbalanced or detract from gameplay. I left them in TASC because I know some players enjoy them, but I don't want to promote them on the main page, and it will cause confusion if players expect to see that content but don't realize they have to enable it in the settings file.

I'll look into adding lunalib support in the next patch.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: April 28, 2023, 07:34:18 AM »

So, just noted an issue, that while not major, is not ideal. Since syphon stations share an id in the files (use "list stations" you will see what I mean.), the Illustrated entities mod can only edit the desc of the first one built in a system. I suspect similar issues may occur with mining stations and astropoli. Could we have a fix?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: April 28, 2023, 07:37:17 AM »

So, just noted an issue, that while not major, is not ideal. Since syphon stations share an id in the files (use "list stations" you will see what I mean.), the Illustrated entities mod can only edit the desc of the first one built in a system. I suspect similar issues may occur with mining stations and astropoli. Could we have a fix?

I thought I already fixed this issue in a previous patch. I'll take another look to see if it reappeared. I'll note that Illustrated Entities, while very cool, does have some bugs itself that may be the root cause, not TASC.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: April 28, 2023, 07:45:07 AM »

I thought I already fixed this issue in a previous patch. I'll take another look to see if it reappeared. I'll note that Illustrated Entities, while very cool, does have some bugs itself that may be the root cause, not TASC.
Fair enough. I have not checked astropoli yet, and did not notice syphons last time (mining stations are pure speculation), but good to know.

Damexius

• Ensign
  • Work on progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: April 28, 2023, 12:49:54 PM »

The more you update, the more I become amazed at your mod.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: April 28, 2023, 03:00:27 PM »

The more you update, the more I become amazed at your mod.

I'm glad you're enjoying TASC!

Meeplet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: April 28, 2023, 08:14:08 PM »

Heya boggled, just had the astroboli bug:

Here's the log

576818 [Thread-3] INFO  data.campaign.econ.boggledTools  - ASTROPOLIS STATION ACTIVATEIMPL: Entering build logic.
576818 [Thread-3] INFO  data.campaign.econ.boggledTools  - ASTROPOLIS STATION ACTIVATEIMPL: Creating third astropolis station.
576819 [Thread-3] INFO  data.campaign.econ.boggledTools  - ASTROPOLIS STATION ACTIVATEIMPL: Created third astropolis station with orbital angle -82.86792. The first station has angle 37.13208 and the second station has angle 277.2002.

The angles suggest the third astropoli is on the second but it's actually on the first, not sure what's up with that.

Hope you can figure out what's up with that, cheers!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: April 29, 2023, 06:57:49 PM »

Heya boggled, just had the astroboli bug:

Here's the log

576818 [Thread-3] INFO  data.campaign.econ.boggledTools  - ASTROPOLIS STATION ACTIVATEIMPL: Entering build logic.
576818 [Thread-3] INFO  data.campaign.econ.boggledTools  - ASTROPOLIS STATION ACTIVATEIMPL: Creating third astropolis station.
576819 [Thread-3] INFO  data.campaign.econ.boggledTools  - ASTROPOLIS STATION ACTIVATEIMPL: Created third astropolis station with orbital angle -82.86792. The first station has angle 37.13208 and the second station has angle 277.2002.

The angles suggest the third astropoli is on the second but it's actually on the first, not sure what's up with that.

Hope you can figure out what's up with that, cheers!

Thanks for sending this to me! It definitely appears to be bugged - I'll see if I can figure out what's causing it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2469 on: April 30, 2023, 08:34:28 AM »

Say boggled, may I copy a bit of your code? Specifically, the use of spec editing to change the planet type (the specific example I cribbed from was from terraformHabitableToParadise).

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: April 30, 2023, 11:46:08 AM »

Say boggled, may I copy a bit of your code? Specifically, the use of spec editing to change the planet type (the specific example I cribbed from was from terraformHabitableToParadise).

Absolutely! Anyone can copy any code they want from TASC.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: May 01, 2023, 11:47:41 AM »

So, UAF thing. The mod adds a nanoforge that is basically an eco friendly pristine nanoforge, the dimensional nanoforge. It also adds the 50% fleet quality, but does not add pollution and produces one unit less. Would it logically be possible to use it to manufacture artifacts, or are the Domain and Auroran tech bases too different, thus why you can't on the current version?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: May 01, 2023, 11:49:54 AM »

So, UAF thing. The mod adds a nanoforge that is basically an eco friendly pristine nanoforge, the dimensional nanoforge. It also adds the 50% fleet quality, but does not add pollution and produces one unit less. Would it logically be possible to use it to manufacture artifacts, or are the Domain and Auroran tech bases too different, thus why you can't on the current version?

Hmm, I can add support to recognize that item as a nanoforge for purposes of crafting. Thanks for letting me know about this!

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: May 01, 2023, 12:07:02 PM »

Normally it does not matter much, since only one exists, but apparently it isn't in the techmining blacklist for Content Unlocking missions, so I got it in the Agreus tech pallet. Still, for anyone that went plundering the UAF, it might be cool.
Thanks.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2474 on: May 02, 2023, 05:08:41 AM »

Thanks boggled!

Anyway I'm posting here again because someone on Discord had an error report where a save fails to load:
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.refreshAquacultureAndFarming(boggledTools.java:733)
   at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.removeCondition(boggledTools.java:2940)
   at data.campaign.econ.conditions.Cramped_Quarters.apply(Cramped_Quarters.java:65)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.addCondition(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.addCondition(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.PlanetConditionMarket.convertToRegular(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.readResolve(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity.readResolve(Unknown Source)

Looking at the source, is this from a market that doesn't have a primary entity? Although who knows where that might have come from.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 223