Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: :: The Lotus Conglomerate v1.10 :: Intrepid to the grave!!...T_T  (Read 170874 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: :: The Lotus Conglomerate v1.05 :: Sarissa goes where ?!...O_O
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2012, 01:52:27 PM »

The capital is based on MrDavidoff's exceptional Omega model.

That supership is like what the Conquest dreams of being once it grows up. ;D Very nicely altered to Lotus appearance, Dante80! [-thumbs up-]

I fully agree with archduke astro. :D

stardidi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2012, 02:27:04 PM »

Looks nice, a bit more variety in the top Lotus tiers.

One question, the Lotus station doesn't seem to restock any ships from after 0.6(?). Nor any weapons at all, but it has over a bazilion fuel and supplies :S. Don't know if this is something with the mod or the game.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2012, 02:50:26 PM »

I love this mod... It has so many sweet ships and the Lotus faction is pretty awesome.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2012, 02:52:40 PM »

I can only say this: these ships are Damn good. I beat one of my own fleets (the biggest one) using two vanish-class, a few eventide-class, and a lot of frigates. Yeah 8)

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2012, 03:12:04 PM »

Stardidi, go beat up their fleets and steal their ships. Much more fun. Ships don't restock quickly at any station.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2012, 03:16:51 PM »

Stardidi, go beat up their fleets and steal their ships. Much more fun. Ships don't restock quickly at any station.

That's intended as modders can easily mod in what convoys transport (you can make them transport dozens ships if you wish).

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2012, 11:22:32 PM »

Thanks for the kind words guys...<3

One question, the Lotus station doesn't seem to restock any ships from after 0.6(?). Nor any weapons at all, but it has over a bazilion fuel and supplies :S. Don't know if this is something with the mod or the game.

Hmm....I have set the convoy to carry randomly all ship types that the Lotus use and also all ballistic and missile weapons. Maybe the problem is in the station. I know that a station's cargo is not renewed if a lot of items are already there, so the fact that the Anchorage station holds all ballistic and missile weapons in good stock could be the problem. More testing is needed, thanks for the tip.

Piffle.  Clearly it should have twin medium universal slots.  Because it'd be neat to have a brawler-like ship that's less frustrating to fly.

The battleship amuses me, though, because I looked at the original sprites and thought to myself that it'd be much nicer if it was just that front section...  Then again, I'm not really a fan of super-battleships with absurd numbers of weapon mounts in the first place.

Though, were it my design, I'd probably drop the front heavy mount and leave the mandibles open rather than connected. 

I will experiment with disconnecting the two forward wings, although from early testing I saw that the design looks a little too weird that way.

Also guys, have in mind that those 4 big turrets are intended for missile mounts...I have an idea for a heavy missile support capital (most ships in the game do not go that way so it could be both canon to the Lotus faction and unique in a way), but more testing is needed to ascertain that. Cheers...^^

armoredcookie

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2012, 11:27:26 PM »

A missile boat?! :D

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #143 on: April 07, 2012, 05:06:12 AM »

Sprite 90% done, some touchups are needed. I'm somewhat concerned with the result, any feedback is appreciated!

A comparison to Paragon and Vanquish (click for detailed view) :

What do you think?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:09:52 AM by Dante80 »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 07, 2012, 05:15:24 AM »

Recolouring is perfect but it's easy to assume that's the result of a zoomed kitbash. It look veeery good, but the plates look like vanquish's zoomed in. It's more like the Paragon (looks like coming from the same manufacturer) but with a midline touch.

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2012, 05:41:02 AM »

Recolouring is perfect but it's easy to assume that's the result of a zoomed kitbash. It look veeery good, but the plates look like vanquish's zoomed in. It's more like the Paragon (looks like coming from the same manufacturer) but with a midline touch.

Thanks for the feedback man. Yep, its a kitbash alright. The main part is taken from the Omega Command ship, and the engines/lower part from the stock Paragon. Regarding the Vanquish resemblance in parts, I tried to keep the uniformity in the faction ships so the color and weathering schemes are more or less similar. 

The sprite needs some touchups now in the weapon slots and a couple of luminosity masks, and then its on to customization. I'm thinking sth like this, but a lot of testing is needed before balancing is complete...^^

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »

I have to say that that is an excellent sprite. He has a clown-car sized shield though

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2012, 10:04:52 AM »

Typical for the faction. Their motto is "take the money and ruuunnnn" after all ;D

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2012, 10:06:29 AM »

...... "take the money and ruuunnnn"....

Doubt they can succeed that with a miniature shield :D

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2012, 08:04:23 AM »

Yes, I doubt they'd field a ship that slow... I don't think it'd be OP or out of place if you gave their caps a speed of like 60. The lightning strikes are their specialty after all, even moreso than it is the specialty of pirate raiders.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15