Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: MrDavidoff´s Tri-Tachyon Omega-class Dreadnought (2 missions, ver. 1.1 WIP)  (Read 59036 times)

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile

A WIP of the new Omega sprite, sorry I had very little time to work on anything lately.

In the picture below I added the current state of the new sprite and the original, for comparrison.
Im trying to stick to the T.T. style as much as possible this time around (to my best ability anyways..)

Even if it wont turn out to be a 100% T.T. artstyle I still think the "update" will look much better, when
its done.

Anyways, just keeping you upto speed, feedback is always welcome.
(Note - purely about the aesthetics of the ship, this ship aint made for balance  ;) )

I will update this mod, once the sprite is finished. So it will contain the new sprite, possibly one
extra ship and couple new weapons. There will be two missions, with slightly updated Hegemony
variants.

The Omega-class will also serve as an optional end-game boss in the campaign mode in the
"MrDavidoff´s Ship Addon" mod.  

Warning Large picture ahead!

Spoiler
[close]

Ver. History

0.9a  - small update
- rebalanced, changed the ship variants a bit, replaced the old maps with a modified map of the "thelasthurrah" for more space..in space.. and more fleet points and less nebula,
allowing for more open battles

0.9 - first version
- until Trylobot releases the  "Support for Launch Bays editing" for his Ship Editor (btw great tool man!) the fighters will be docking in the center of the ship, not the landing platforms.

- may do changes to the mission, as I figure out, what to do  :P at this time the Omega seems to go through the map and (and you wanna steer clear of her way) retreats.. would like to make it a non retreat-able battle, if it is actually possible?

- will probably redo the texture work, once I got time to open PS again.. (I was doing this mostly because I wanted to work in PS, so any tips on how to improve the sprite are welcome)

- balancing - open to suggestions, the missions are Hard, when playing as the TTS and near Impossible, when playing against the Ship (try for yourself - who first gets a screen of the ship being destroyed..gets a cookie or something...) since the ship is OP (compared to the rest of the vanilla fleet) and there arent any ships for it to fight.. but the game seems to handle it o.k...at least I didnt run into problems.

- I wanned to see, what the game could handle and what I could get away with.. needless to say its more a rarity, rather than "addition" to the vanilla game
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:50:17 AM by MrDavidoff »

Shield

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Tri-Tachyon Omega class command ship v.0.9 - two missions
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 07:52:20 PM »

Is there anyway to add this ship into the campaign? Also you should shrink the size of it by 10 percent, you cannot load some weapons onto it because it is actually too big to refit on the refit screen.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:08:06 PM by Shield »

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 08:07:54 PM »

Dude! Nice work on this ship. Love how you've stitched it up good, it looks great.

Shield

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 08:34:57 PM »

Nevermind I figured out to add it to the campaign mode.

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 09:04:56 PM »

Absolutely stunning work on the model man, keep the goodness coming...

Permission to use some parts for kitbashing another ship? Your forward superstructure gave me an idea... ;D

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 03:14:58 AM »

...you should shrink the size of it by 10 percent, you cannot load some weapons onto it because it is actually too big to refit on the refit screen.

I honestly have not thought of that, lol. I concentrated on the missions, didnt want it in the campaign right now, but Ill look into it.

Dude! Nice work on this ship. Love how you've stitched it up good, it looks great.

You know you made it possible  ;)
(pls, pls - give us the landing bays for the editor, those damm wasps are smashing at my bridge!)

Permission to use some parts for kitbashing another ship? Your forward superstructure gave me an idea... ;D

Thank you, permission granted  ;)

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 03:17:28 AM »

...you should shrink the size of it by 10 percent, you cannot load some weapons onto it because it is actually too big to refit on the refit screen.

I honestly have not thought of that, lol. I concentrated on the missions, didnt want it in the campaign right now, but Ill look into it.

You know you made it possible  ;)
(pls, pls - give us the landing bays for the editor, those damm wasps are smashing at my bridge!)

Thank you, I love how everyone appreciates my Frankenstein abilities and silently avoids the texture work.. like saying your hairs nice  :D and shoot-  permission granted  ;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 04:12:29 AM by MrDavidoff »

Valhalla

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 03:22:36 AM »

I just want to know what the GDI have to do with this.

hehe Anyway nice work, love the look of the ship.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 03:33:27 AM »

The GDI is involved here??  How????
 Anyways, good work on the ship, and might I suggest using dropbox as an alternative download mirror? They are faster in that respect.

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 04:17:24 AM »

I just want to know what the GDI have to do with this.
hehe Anyway nice work, love the look of the ship.

*cough* .. youve noticed?  ;D and thanks

Anyways, good work on the ship, and might I suggest using dropbox as an alternative download mirror? They are faster in that respect.

Well, do you remember how I asked what is the symbol/flag of the TTS? And how we kinda liked the blue.. and eagle.. well.. turns out "someone" already uses that setup, damm.

I havent heard of dropbox yet, are you referring to this site  - https://www.dropbox.com/ ?  Sahring files form my folder.. kinda rises my eyebrow, but if its safe/legit, ill put it there.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 04:25:40 AM »

Dropbox is legit, as I use it all the time. Just put the .rar file into the public folder and you're set to share. I have always used it and their dl speeds are damn fast

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 05:16:15 AM »

Oki, thanks for the tip, its up.

Valhalla

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 05:40:28 AM »

Says the man who's avatar reminds me of GDI as well :P

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 05:42:56 AM »

My avatar is based on the GDI one ;)

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2012, 05:47:28 AM »

based on ...

Reminds me of the outdoor Chinese merchant selling Addiddas  :D but yeah, I got the point, next time Ill adjust stuff, after I decide to rip it off ;D

Pages: [1] 2 3 4