Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: :: The Lotus Conglomerate v1.10 :: Intrepid to the grave!!...T_T  (Read 170872 times)

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
Re: The Lotus Conglomerate v0.8...how light is light, Cruiser?...C:
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2012, 03:06:31 AM »

Love the mod, I only play with 3 mods (excluding those I made by myself, for myself)

Yours, SF extended and Gun runners..

Also, do you accept contributions?

I have a cruiser class ship that could be put into your mod :)

PM me if you want it :)

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:22:54 AM by Plasmatic »
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

stardidi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2012, 03:10:26 AM »

nooooooo, the Lotus were my only buddies :(  , well this oughta screw over my campaign XD

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2012, 03:26:31 AM »

Hehe, having cutthroat Pirates as buddies and expecting them not to jump on you is not very smart indeed...XD

(I will maybe reset the disposition to neutral though in the next release, due to the fact that it offers more flexibility in the campaign after all).

Also, do you accept contrubutions?

I have a cruiser class ship that could be put into your mod Smiley

PM me if you want it Smiley

If I like a sprite and it fits with what I'm going for then why not? shoot away...^^

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2012, 03:38:21 AM »

Hehe, having cutthroat Pirates as buddies and expecting them not to jump on you is not very smart indeed...XD

(I will maybe reset the disposition to neutral though in the next release, due to the fact that it offers more flexibility in the campaign after all).

Also, do you accept contrubutions?

I have a cruiser class ship that could be put into your mod Smiley

PM me if you want it Smiley

If I like a sprite and it fits with what I'm going for then why not? shoot away...^^

51ppycup made the sprite, I made the rest and tried to balance it with vanilla.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f7cdh2bb4jbpj93

The data in the picture is no longer accurate;
Armor rating: 900
Flux capacity: 14500
Flux dissipation: 800
Max turning speed: 20
Turn acceleration: 20

Feel free to use what you want from the stuff I did, It's using Universal slots for everything because I wanted to try it out ingame with different loadouts, just haven't gotten around to deciding yet, both ways work quite well..

51ppycup also has a bunch more ships that are free to use in this thread http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=1594.0
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

stardidi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2012, 03:52:17 AM »

oh hey, apparently it doesn't change the running campaign :D

PS: Loving your mod, it fits in perfect with the vanilla game, while keeping it's own style/feel
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 03:55:03 AM by stardidi »

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2012, 04:33:00 AM »

plasmatic it looks very good (all 51ppycup designs do after all), I might go and play with it a little in the future. The only drawback is the strong resemblance to the Vanquish/Conquest, as well as the fact that it will need complete recoloring due to the camouflage. Thanks for posting that...^^

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2012, 04:51:43 AM »

plasmatic it looks very good (all 51ppycup designs do after all), I might go and play with it a little in the future. The only drawback is the strong resemblance to the Vanquish/Conquest, as well as the fact that it will need complete recoloring due to the camouflage. Thanks for posting that...^^

I really don't see a problem with it resembling the Conquest.. I really like how it looks.

Could maybe be the ship the Conquest was based on? just bigger.. or the other way around

The Lotus liked the Conquest and decided to make some ships of their own based on its design, only smaller and faster fit for convoy harassment and such..

His Redoubt is nice too.
It does not have the camo so you wouldn't need to recolor it :)

I've been planning on making the necessary files for the redoubt as well.
If you want, I could send those over your way when I'm done with them :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:00:11 AM by Plasmatic »
- Maurice Switzer

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2012, 05:10:09 AM »

The problem as I said is that it resembles the Vanquish too much as a design. Its not difficult to make the sprite, and recoloring is not required as I can use the stock Vanquish sprite for cropping. Here is an example resembling the Redoubt and using the coloring in the Vanquish.

If more ppl are interested in the above, I can of course develop it...^^

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:13:44 AM by Dante80 »

Little Bluberry Bomb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2012, 05:19:41 AM »

The Ajax may be my favourite yet as far as aesthetics go, always loved the spear-tip style profile, and the Lotus colouring really brings it out; never been a fan of the marble-white myself, not with what I put my ships through.

Rather sad that they'll become hostile, though - I've been roleplaying being a 'part' of the faction, buying exclusively their designs, *** off their targets, and the like. I suppose it makes sense, but perhaps you could make more of an in-game choice system? For instance, Gun Runners features faction reset purchases, so it's apparently possible to alter standings through a purchase, so perhaps you could add an item [Recruiting Tab?] in the Lotus station which will turn the Lotus friendly, but turn their normal enemies target factions hostile. Depending how easy that is to do it could be a quick-fix until there are actually options for raising faction relations and not just lowering.

stardidi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2012, 05:29:07 AM »

^^ doing exactly that, and like i said your running campaign will not be effected.

about the Redoubt: i really like the conquest style ship, but to have more then 1 ship that uses almost exactly the same design is too much. I feel like the Lotus faction needs some more front armed ships. There really is only 1 right now....

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2012, 05:31:03 AM »

i'm already using the redoubt in my mod

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2012, 05:33:15 AM »

about the Redoubt: i really like the conquest style ship, but to have more then 1 ship that uses almost exactly the same design is too much. I feel like the Lotus faction needs some more front armed ships. There really is only 1 right now....

Then how about adding just the Redoubt, it's more forward armed than the Panther while keeping with the style of the Lotus.

Personally, I don't see a problem with having all 3, but I can just keep the Panther in my own game then :)
- Maurice Switzer

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2012, 07:27:02 AM »

i'm already using the redoubt in my mod

In that case, not need for overlapping. Cheers...^^

In other news, V0.9 is out. I'm terribly sorry for the fast update, but I just had to bring those goodies in...XD

Cutlass-class Heavy Bomber

Also, a new lightweight Torpedo family, the Stinger.

V0.9 Changelog
1. Reset the Lotus disposition towards the player to neutral.
2. Added the Cutlass-class Bomber.
3. Added the Stinger-class lightweight torpedo.
4. The Anchorage station now sells far more Ballistic and Missile weapon types.
5. Changed stats and weapons for the Stigma. Now mounts 2 swarmers and a revolver autocannon.
DOWNLOAD V0.9
DL MIRRORS

As always, any feedback is vastly appreciated, especially concerning balance issues. Cheers...^^

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile

Nice!

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile

is it compatible with any other mod? :3
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15