Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Demolisher v1.21  (Read 35363 times)

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Demolisher mod
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 10:30:10 AM »

Demolisher : This imposing ship design is the Hegemony upgrade of the Onslaught-class battleship, featuring more firepower, bulkhead and armor, make this new design highly durable and fearsome. Only idiotic people would dare engage the Demolisher.

is it good enough? >_>

I'd personally turn that into...
"This imposing ship design is the upgrade of the Hegemony's Onslaught-class battleship, featuring more firepower, strengthened bulkheads and heavier armor, making this new design even more fearsome. An engagement with the Demolisher whilst unprepared is suicide."

yea i like this turn out, :D ( im french so i did my best to word it, its was an actual challenge :P )

Levik

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 01:49:43 AM »

Updated

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 09:21:02 AM »

I'd like to try it, but DepositFiles won't let me. Apparently there are just too many people from IP addresses similar to mine downloading it all the time.

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 09:23:30 AM »

I'd like to try it, but DepositFiles won't let me. Apparently there are just too many people from IP addresses similar to mine downloading it all the time.

I'll grab it and upload it to my own website for you. I'll edit this post when it's up. ;)

EDIT: *click me*
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:26:52 AM by SUXpanD »

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 01:23:44 PM »

Having actually been able to download it (thanks SUXpanD!) I can now offer some comments.

The Demolisher actually has slightly less armour (but notably better shields, and slightly better weapons on a much wider variety of mounts) than the Onslaught. As such, the description should probably not mention stronger armour. Also, the 'standard' variant for this doesn't use all of the OP available - maybe some vents and capacitors? In fact as far as I can tell, none of the standard variants of any of your ships uses all of the available OP - is this intentional? (It seems they're all lacking in vents and capacitors, to me)

The Tarsus Mk2 seems a bit expensive, and also a bit lacking in cargo space. I assume it's supposed to be larger than the original Tarsus, which has 300 cargo and 120 fuel, but the Mk2 only has 80 cargo and 100 fuel, making me think it was based on the Condor a little too heavily.  I would suggest maybe 350 or 400 cargo (since it moves slightly slower already).  The increased crew requirement should probably stay as there's more guns and things, but generally I think it would be worth comparing this to the base Tarsus more rather than the condor.

I'll have a bit more of a play around and see if I can come up with any good descriptions - thanks for the mod though!

ArthropodOfDoom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 05:55:26 PM »

These ship mashups are okay, considering some other stuff I've seen done by friends who also play.

Keep up the good work, and LOOOOOVE THE PEARL! :D Maybe just even out the power a little?

Three medium energy slots are a little weird with one large slot in the back.

Maybe make the front three more forward-facing and make one or two of them large?
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

Levik

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 05:30:05 AM »

Updated

Levik

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 04:27:29 AM »

Another update ...

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 02:55:21 PM »

Having actually been able to download it (thanks SUXpanD!) I can now offer some comments.

The Demolisher actually has slightly less armour (but notably better shields, and slightly better weapons on a much wider variety of mounts) than the Onslaught. As such, the description should probably not mention stronger armour. Also, the 'standard' variant for this doesn't use all of the OP available - maybe some vents and capacitors? In fact as far as I can tell, none of the standard variants of any of your ships uses all of the available OP - is this intentional? (It seems they're all lacking in vents and capacitors, to me)

As far as I know, none of vanilla variants use all OP either. I've been trying to remedy this, but it's a lot of work..

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 06:01:40 PM »

Shouldn't the GammaDreadnought be a battlecruiser?

Dreadnought are supposed to be bigger and stronger then Battleships... While its... not.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 06:23:54 PM »

As far as I know, none of vanilla variants use all OP either.

If by vanilla you mean the variants that come with the game, this is incorrect.

Ambient

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 11:07:31 AM »

Where can I download this mod?

Im not finding any functional links.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 11:38:07 AM »

Where can I download this mod?

Im not finding any functional links.
Opening post, at the very top. It's a little hard to spot but it works.

Baro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 10:45:22 PM »

So is this integrated into the campaign in any way?

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2012, 01:25:11 PM »

Yes, but not very significantly - At least one of each of the ships are available to buy, but I don't think any new ones are convoyed in.

Since Levik has not posted for several months and I like his ships, I have taken the liberty of updating some of them with ship systems and descriptions.  I do want to reiterate that I didn't make or draw any of these and I'm certainly not attempting to claim ownership of them.

I left out those drawn by Erick Doe (even though I really like their style) because they seem to me to look like a faction of their own, and I don't have the creativity / time to do them properly, plus I have no idea what ship systems they should get. If I could have got it working easily I was pondering some sort of self-repair system, but it was not to be.  

I have added systems to everything else, mostly cribbing off bits and pieces that Alex left around but didn't go ahead and use in this version - hope that's okay! (I had a crack at the Infernium injector, but I'm not sure I've got the balance right - still, the one I found in core has a LOVELY drive plume defined, so it was sad to see it go to waste!)

Known issue: The Pearl's dronelooms currently produce unarmed combat drones due to a vanilla bug.

(Levik - if you are still around and disagree with this being here, just let me know and I will happily delete the post. The file should get deleted after a while anyway.)

Download
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:12:38 PM by Darloth »
Pages: 1 [2] 3