Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: New Ship Art  (Read 79887 times)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
Re: New Ship Art
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 02:14:15 PM »

Yes, the darkened ones might possibly be too dark.

Anyhoo, here's a battlecruiser that can either be used as a large cruiser or a small capital ship:

Alpha-class Battle Cruiser

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 02:15:11 PM »

the design remind me of minmatar ship from EVE online >_>

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 02:16:02 PM »

all that you need now is a capital ship (or super carrier) and a couple of fighters and you have a faction
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 02:25:21 PM »

all that you need now is a capital ship (or super carrier) and a couple of fighters and you have a faction

Well, Upgradecap of the TimCORP mod is pushing me to build a larger capital ship. So that's planned for the near future. I'm also going to do a few more frigates. And then finally some fighters and bombercraft.

Actually... since space is pretty dark, these dark ships should still create quite some contrast. Take a look:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:28:08 PM by Erick Doe »

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 02:28:55 PM »

Well, Upgradecap of the TimCORP mod is pushing me to build a larger capital ship. So that's planned for the near future. I'm also going to do a few more frigates. And then finally some fighters and bombercraft.
he's been trying to get me to make him one, but i don't really think the art styles compliment each other. plus i've already gotten enough on my plate as it is between the two mods I'm currently supplying sprites, ship files, and variants for. Also, planets.
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 11:40:42 PM »

he's been trying to get me to make him one, but i don't really think the art styles compliment each other. plus i've already gotten enough on my plate as it is between the two mods I'm currently supplying sprites, ship files, and variants for. Also, planets.

Yeh, I've been looking around here and there for good ships and i can tell you, It's quite difficult finding someone this good, so congrats on you sir :)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2012, 03:36:31 AM »

Beta-class Strike Cruiser

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:45:33 AM by Erick Doe »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2012, 03:51:43 AM »

I was wondering what would happen if I'd copy a tall Beta-class over a broad Alpha-class and... well, here's the result. I like it. It looks layered, as if having more depth.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:40:35 AM by Erick Doe »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2012, 04:56:20 AM »

Sigma-class Recon Frigate (converted personnel transport)

Tau-class Assault Frigate (heavier, upgraded Sigma-class)

Upsilon-class Heavy Frigate
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:34:18 AM by Erick Doe »

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2012, 05:38:18 AM »

I was wondering what would happen if I'd copy a tall Beta-class over a broad Alpha-class and... well, here's the result. I like it. It looks layered, as if having more depth.

Looks pretty decent (if a bit chaotic), but you might want to hide that small ballistic/energy mount that's near the top of the Alpha if you're actually going to use this/have this used anywhere. ;)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2012, 05:44:51 AM »

Looks pretty decent (if a bit chaotic), but you might want to hide that small ballistic/energy mount that's near the top of the Alpha if you're actually going to use this/have this used anywhere. ;)

The chaos and overwhelming amount of detail is deliberate ;)

Small mount? You mean the one that is partially hidden, or the mount that sticks out of the ship's left side? Any weapon mount on my ship's is part intentional and part aesthetics. The weapon mounts can always be changed, that's not much work.

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2012, 07:39:13 AM »

The chaos and overwhelming amount of detail is deliberate ;)

Small mount? You mean the one that is partially hidden, or the mount that sticks out of the ship's left side? Any weapon mount on my ship's is part intentional and part aesthetics. The weapon mounts can always be changed, that's not much work.

The one that's partially hidden, very close to another mount. It looks a bit odd in my opinion, even though I can see some decorative use. Doesn't make much sense to keep a weapon mount on a ship whereas it could have a thicker slab of hull plating there instead.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2012, 09:22:27 AM »

I think I prefer the dark style here, but really nice work in general.  I can make out a little more detail on the lighter ships... Have you tried something in between?

I do like the fact that it has a style that's quite close to the original but looks different in a chaotic way though.

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2012, 11:07:52 AM »

I love how your ships arent smooth, clearly they are to busy making the ship functional to hide everything under smooth plates which is awesome and realistic.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2012, 02:27:40 PM »

I think I prefer the dark style here, but really nice work in general.  I can make out a little more detail on the lighter ships... Have you tried something in between?

I do like the fact that it has a style that's quite close to the original but looks different in a chaotic way though.

I'll try to do something in between. Thanks!  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14