Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Author Topic: Anyway to reduce the scavenger fleet population?  (Read 1543 times)

Flying Birdy

• Commander
    • View Profile
Anyway to reduce the scavenger fleet population?
« on: September 04, 2017, 10:53:30 PM »

Due to the scavenger returning to planet bug (Alex said he already fixed it for the next patch, but I suspect that patch won't come for a while), there is now 5-6 large scavenger fleets clogged around every planet in my game. As much as they do make for easy food, their sheer numbers are quite bothersome in my games as they are causing insane fps drops in some system. Askonia, for example, is clogged with 30-40 scavenger fleets at a time.

Does anyone have any neat tricks to dealing with them? I'm open to anything...Console commands, save editting, modding etc. Thus far, the only solution I've found is to go into a system and spawn 20 luddic path fleets and have them kill everything in the system. But that is really annoying to have to execute every few months.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyway to reduce the scavenger fleet population?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 10:57:25 PM »

Modding-side, it's pretty easy to delete those fleets if they're not in the same location as the Player's fleet and are older than X, but you'd need to write some code to address that.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Anyway to reduce the scavenger fleet population?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 07:48:50 AM »

Console command: kill (yeah, it works in campaign)
Click on a fleet to make it go away
Press Esc when you're done