Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 85

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.15.1  (Read 1127333 times)

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Ship/Weapon Pack 1.14.0
« Reply #1140 on: June 16, 2023, 10:32:01 AM »

You sure it's not a nested folder? As in, a folder inside another folder. If that's the case, Starsector won't detect either mods.

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 16, 2023, 05:17:21 PM »

Finally, now the real Starsector run can begin.

Once again, Thank you for every update DR, your work is really appreciated and I really don't think it can be said enough how much people enjoy your work.

Echoed in an infinity of mirrors.  I will add a mighty HUZZAH! that my fave capital, the Victory-class, awaits my command.  All board the .96a happy gamer train.

I can already hear her main guns spinning up the war drums of death.

Lisiwizard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 16, 2023, 10:41:14 PM »

You sure it's not a nested folder? As in, a folder inside another folder. If that's the case, Starsector won't detect either mods.
I checked just to be sure. Deleted them and then reinstalled them. Still  not showing so i cannot enable them.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 03:34:56 AM by Lisiwizard »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 17, 2023, 07:10:42 PM »

Screenshot the SWP and GraphicsLib mod folders in file explorer (including the address bar).

Or just use MOSS or SMOL mod managers to automatically install them from the 7z archives, that should basically always work.

Lisiwizard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 18, 2023, 03:50:28 AM »

I see! It autoconverted the data into files and works now. Thank you!

NOVAC

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 21, 2023, 07:37:07 PM »

Yo Revenant could you start uploading the mod to Nexus Mods? It would make installing and updating a lot more convenient for us Nexus Mods users. Thank you for your hard work and dedication, we appreciate you! :)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1146 on: June 21, 2023, 08:55:15 PM »

Yo Revenant could you start uploading the mod to Nexus Mods? It would make installing and updating a lot more convenient for us Nexus Mods users. Thank you for your hard work and dedication, we appreciate you! :)
I don't have any current plans to host my mods on Nexus.  It's a non-trivial amount of effort every time I push updates, and a lot of initial setup time.

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 22, 2023, 12:46:32 AM »

Is the hubship supposed to only have 10k hull points? I haven't seen one yet but it seems odd that it'd have the same hull points as a venture considering how massive it's supposed to be.

cdcerber

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 06, 2023, 06:01:11 PM »

All ships, even unique ones I've encountered so far from IBB are getting their build-in s-mods removed when I salvage them after the fight. Is this normal since 0.96a?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1149 on: July 06, 2023, 10:47:31 PM »

All ships, even unique ones I've encountered so far from IBB are getting their build-in s-mods removed when I salvage them after the fight. Is this normal since 0.96a?
S-mods are not recovered, in general.  Nexerelin changes the default behavior for some reason, but the IBBs override Nex's behavior.  This is intentional.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 07, 2023, 06:47:07 AM »

Nexerelin changes the default behavior for some reason

Huh, didnt realize that nexerlin did that. i like it. seeing s-modded enemy ships as nothing but difficulty without any possibility of reward is a little... gaff..

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1151 on: July 07, 2023, 11:45:32 AM »

Nexerelin changes the default behavior for some reason

Huh, didnt realize that nexerlin did that. i like it. seeing s-modded enemy ships as nothing but difficulty without any possibility of reward is a little... gaff..
IBBs override Nex's behavior in this regard because I want the player to be able to pick their own s-mods for IBB ships, rather than being locked into whatever random ones I picked for the default variant.  Defeating each bounty earns a Story Point anyway, which helps with affording them.

Similar story with the Cabal fleets—I override the Nex behavior so that when you get the ships, you can pick your own s-mods for them.  The reason for this is that the main way to get Cabal ships is to salvage them from battle, and the biggest selling feature of those ships is a special hullmod that increases the s-mod limit; choosing interesting builds for them is why you'd want one in the first place.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 07, 2023, 11:09:23 PM »

IBBs override Nex's behavior in this regard because I want the player to be able to pick their own s-mods for IBB ships, rather than being locked into whatever random ones I picked for the default variant.  Defeating each bounty earns a Story Point anyway, which helps with affording them.

Oh i didnt mean it in disagreement with what you've done, your logic for IBB and Cabal is sound. I was noting it for things like 'special' fleets made of generic ships or other random S-modded fleets: if i didnt have a chance to get some Free S-Mod's there i'd see those green bars on otherwise generic fleets as nothing but a reward-less difficulty spike. On special ships it makes sense for them to come blank so you can choose what you want.

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 09, 2023, 01:46:39 AM »

Does this mod tweak REDACTED fleets at all beyond adding some ships? I think i fought them last like before .95 but *** hell the amount of PD they're fielding was absolutely insane. I had 2 14th legions with S-mods, a paragon with S-mods, 2 14th dominators, with support cruisers and they got utterly obliterated by a medium fleet. Missiles and fighters weren't getting within 500 range and i watched a destroyer take my paragons full firepower and stay flux neutral. I had 10 officers, 3 of them level 7 the rest level 6 with everyone having at least 1 elite skill.

I'm going to drop all carriers and missiles and try to build a pure gun fleet that has nothing but kinetic weapons then just save scum to see what works because i've never seen such brutality haha. I even tried to take on a station with that fleet and it was firing non stop while pooping out insane swarms of fighter craft haha. I remember high threat systems being attrition warfare but i don't remember losing an entire capital fleet so convincingly before.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 09, 2023, 04:13:18 AM »

Does this mod tweak REDACTED fleets at all beyond adding some ships? I think i fought them last like before .95 but *** hell the amount of PD they're fielding was absolutely insane. I had 2 14th legions with S-mods, a paragon with S-mods, 2 14th dominators, with support cruisers and they got utterly obliterated by a medium fleet. Missiles and fighters weren't getting within 500 range and i watched a destroyer take my paragons full firepower and stay flux neutral. I had 10 officers, 3 of them level 7 the rest level 6 with everyone having at least 1 elite skill.

I'm going to drop all carriers and missiles and try to build a pure gun fleet that has nothing but kinetic weapons then just save scum to see what works because i've never seen such brutality haha. I even tried to take on a station with that fleet and it was firing non stop while pooping out insane swarms of fighter craft haha. I remember high threat systems being attrition warfare but i don't remember losing an entire capital fleet so convincingly before.

ohoho boy! Yeah i dont remember [redacted] being that nasty. could it be 0.96? have you got any other mods?
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 85