Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: New music for Galatia Academy (06/12/24)

Author Topic: Fatal:60 crash happening frequently in combat  (Read 212 times)

Monarch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Fatal:60 crash happening frequently in combat
« on: May 11, 2024, 11:49:36 AM »

Subject covers the report pretty well. I crash to desktop only in combat and get the message Fatal:60. I'll include the crash log below and the mods I have activated. I've been playing on a new game for the last few days and the crash only started happening last night. I'd appreciate any insight into what is causing this crash. Currently I can guarantee it to trigger by starting a specific IBB bounty, but it happens in other instances of combat as well.

Crash Log:
689873 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 60
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 60
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.if.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.BaseEntity.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.LayeredRenderer.renderExcluding(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Game Version: 0.97a-RC11

Mod List:
Combat Chatter 1.14.1
Commissioned Crews 1.999999ggg
ED Shipyards 2.6.6
Emergent Threats 0.5.3
Emergent Threats IX Revival 0.5.3
Industrial Evolution 3.3.e
Iron Shell 1.18.3.aj
Lazy Lib 2.8b
Luna Lib 1.8.4
Magic Lib 1.4.0
Missile Ship Overhaul 1.2.7
Nexerelin 0.11.1b
Salvage Ship Expansion 0.4.5
Ship/weapon Pack 1.15.1
Starship Legends 2.5.2
Substance Abuse 1.1.b
VIC 1.6.2
zz GraphicsLib 1.9.0

Edit: I'm not sure if inactive mods play a part in the issues but I'll include the mods that I have downloaded but aren't active. These mods have not been active at any point during my current save.

Inactive Mods:

Gensoukyou Manufacture 0.8.1_rc1
Keruvim Shipyards 0.6.1
Player Faction Flag Pack Extended 1.0
Portrait Pack v1.2.4
Star Wars Mod 1.0.2
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 12:24:12 PM by Monarch »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Fatal:60 crash happening frequently in combat
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 06:06:38 PM »

Can you associate it with a specific ship type in the enemy fleet (or possibly your fleet, but then it ought to crash just from the refit screen)?

My didn't-look-at-the-code guess is that a ship has more weapons or possibly modules than it ought to have or perhaps is physically allowed to have, but can't say right now. Nor how to fix it if that's the issue, either.

Monarch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 06:25:15 PM »

Can you associate it with a specific ship type in the enemy fleet (or possibly your fleet, but then it ought to crash just from the refit screen)?

My didn't-look-at-the-code guess is that a ship has more weapons or possibly modules than it ought to have or perhaps is physically allowed to have, but can't say right now. Nor how to fix it if that's the issue, either.

That's insightful, if I had to guess it is one of the VIC ships I'm using. Specifically if I had to guess I'd say it was the Raum Artillery Battleships, I recently converted them from the XL built in cannon to the built in LaidLaw Hyper accelerator. I feel like the crashes started after the refit, it's one of those hull mods where removing it changes it to a different version. The reason I'm assuming it's one of my ships is that it has a chance to happen in any combat regardless of who I'm fighting. It's happened with pirates, the IBB bounty with majority pirate ships, and most recently a hegemony bounty fleet. I'll try converting them back to the mega cannon and see if that fixes it.

Monarch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2024, 07:39:29 PM »

That's insightful, if I had to guess it is one of the VIC ships I'm using. Specifically if I had to guess I'd say it was the Raum Artillery Battleships, I recently converted them from the XL built in cannon to the built in LaidLaw Hyper accelerator. I feel like the crashes started after the refit, it's one of those hull mods where removing it changes it to a different version. The reason I'm assuming it's one of my ships is that it has a chance to happen in any combat regardless of who I'm fighting. It's happened with pirates, the IBB bounty with majority pirate ships, and most recently a hegemony bounty fleet. I'll try converting them back to the mega cannon and see if that fixes it.

I've been playing for the better part of an hour after swapping back to the cannon instead of the laidlaw and the game hasn't crashed. Given the frequency i was experiencing earlier I'm willing to say that was the cause. I will recreate the crash and send it to the VIC mod dev. Thank you for your comment about it being a ship earlier, really snapped it into place for me