Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Codex Overhaul (05/11/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Mod Troubleshooting Guide (Read BEFORE posting!)  (Read 151455 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Mod Troubleshooting Guide (Read BEFORE posting!)
« Reply #240 on: April 30, 2024, 07:55:28 PM »

Hmmmm if you zip your save and upload it somewhere I can try debugging more closely.

RealBlaze007

• Ensign
  • Tempus et Spatium Mortuus est Hesterno Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 30, 2024, 10:12:36 PM »

Hmmmm if you zip your save and upload it somewhere I can try debugging more closely.
Sure thing, here's the zip:
https://github.com/RealBlaze007/Saves/blob/5f4f5138d8bf4517d6b875fb7cc3a4231d7f9dda/saves.rar
-RealBlaze007

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #242 on: May 01, 2024, 04:32:35 AM »

Thanks!

Did I just give you the wrong file before? Really embarrassing if so; anyway I've reuploaded it here and it works with the most recent save at least.

EDIT: Actually I think Dropbox just wasn't replacing the file. Changed the URL.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 04:37:27 AM by Histidine »

RealBlaze007

• Ensign
  • Tempus et Spatium Mortuus est Hesterno Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 01, 2024, 12:44:35 PM »

Thanks!

Did I just give you the wrong file before? Really embarrassing if so; anyway I've reuploaded it here and it works with the most recent save at least.

EDIT: Actually I think Dropbox just wasn't replacing the file. Changed the URL.

It's working flawlessly so far, thank you so much!
-RealBlaze007

Calvernock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 07, 2024, 07:06:58 PM »

I've gone through and downloaded basically all of the blue mods from the index, and while it does successfully get to the start up screen and I can play the game, I'm noticing that some of the newer mods I downloaded seem to have messed with the other existing mods in such a way that only part of the existing mods are still there. For example, most of the portraits I had are missing but all of the factions those portraits seem to have come from are still there. I'd like to know what is the best way to go through and see what is missing or broken for the mods I download, or if there is an easy solution to the mod combining finnickyness since I am so new to it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #245 on: May 08, 2024, 07:11:32 AM »

Portraits are one of the few things that shouldn't conflict, so if some of them are disappearing that's odd.

My first guess would be that some mod has told the game to override the .faction files (stored in data/world/factions) involved, although if you don't already know which ones do that and can't guess from the mod descriptions (any total conversion is a likely candidate), the only way to find out is to check the mod_info.json file for each mod to see if they have a 'replace' table, or test all the mods to see which one (if any) is doing this.
Luckily mod files are loaded by mod name alphabetical order, so doing a binary search is easy.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]