Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Codex Overhaul (05/11/24)

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 401

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.2 "Concert of Persea" (update 2024-05-18)  (Read 3081903 times)

Truck-kun2107

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Nexerelin v0.11.1 "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-01-13)
« Reply #5760 on: January 14, 2024, 02:02:19 PM »

Hey I'm having some trouble with nexerelin, It keeps giving me a error relating to ground battles that crashes the game when ever it pops up, Something abought cataphracts but I'm not sure
Get the Arma Armatura update (or if it's not save-compatible with your current save, as I believe the current ArmaA beta is, try placing this file in ArmaA's jars/ folder.)

Ill try it out, Thanks for the help

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5761 on: January 14, 2024, 11:54:27 PM »

v0.11.1 quietly reuploaded (same URL) to fix potentially major bugs with ground battles. For those who downloaded it before, the fix .jar is available here.

Same crash after reinstalling, new crash after doing that fix:

Spoiler

Code
610399 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at exerelin.campaign.intel.groundbattle.GBUtils.estimateDefenderStrength(GBUtils.java:37)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.groundbattle.GBUtils.estimateTotalDefenderStrength(GBUtils.java:105)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.groundbattle.GBUtils.estimateTotalDefenderStrength(GBUtils.java:116)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.invasion.InvasionIntel.setMarineCount(InvasionIntel.java:203)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.invasion.InvasionIntel.init(InvasionIntel.java:122)
at exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionOrRaidFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:836)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.action.fleet.OffensiveFleetAction.generate(OffensiveFleetAction.java:47)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.BaseStrategicConcern.initAction(BaseStrategicConcern.java:262)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.BaseStrategicConcern.fireBestAction(BaseStrategicConcern.java:196)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.ExecutiveAIModule.actOnConcerns(ExecutiveAIModule.java:100)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.StrategicAI.update(StrategicAI.java:151)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.StrategicAI.advanceImpl(StrategicAI.java:133)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseIntelPlugin.advance(BaseIntelPlugin.java:78)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

Either there's a goofy typo hiding somewhere or I still just have this uncanny ability to have issues that straight up shouldn't exist lmao
Well this one is extra 'wrong' since the line numbers in the log don't match up with the actual .java file in v0.11.1. But they do work with 0.11.0b, where the error suggests the ground battle def file is incomplete or out of date (or failed to load correctly, but this should have resulted in a CTD on startup).
At this point I have to ask: You did download  Nexerelin_0.11.1.zip from the link(s) provided in this thread, the file being hosted on GitHub, correct? :-X

Omega_DarkPotato

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: January 15, 2024, 08:39:02 AM »

Getting a crash from upgrading/building heavy industry.

Spoiler
4598088 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.BaseIndustry.startUpgrading(BaseIndustry.java:572)
   at data.scripts.world.exerelin.industry.ocua_orbital_matrix.apply(ocua_orbital_matrix.java:95)
   at exerelin.campaign.ai.action.industry.BuildHeavyIndustryAction.buildOrUpgrade(BuildHeavyIndustryAction.java:38)
   at exerelin.campaign.ai.action.industry.BuildHeavyIndustryAction.generate(BuildHeavyIndustryAction.java:29)
   at exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.BaseStrategicConcern.initAction(BaseStrategicConcern.java:263)
   at exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.BaseStrategicConcern.fireBestAction(BaseStrategicConcern.java:197)
   at exerelin.campaign.ai.ExecutiveAIModule.actOnConcerns(ExecutiveAIModule.java:99)
   at exerelin.campaign.ai.StrategicAI.update(StrategicAI.java:157)
   at exerelin.campaign.ai.StrategicAI.advanceImpl(StrategicAI.java:139)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.BaseIntelPlugin.advance(BaseIntelPlugin.java:78)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)
[close]

I've got IndEvo and Ashes of the Domain's Vaults of Knowledge 2.0.9 installed which might be contributing(??)
I live for ship-to-ship combat

Lappers

• Lieutenant
  • Professional vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: January 15, 2024, 09:03:04 AM »

v0.11.1 quietly reuploaded (same URL) to fix potentially major bugs with ground battles. For those who downloaded it before, the fix .jar is available here.

Same crash after reinstalling, new crash after doing that fix:

Spoiler

Code
610399 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
at exerelin.campaign.intel.groundbattle.GBUtils.estimateDefenderStrength(GBUtils.java:37)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.groundbattle.GBUtils.estimateTotalDefenderStrength(GBUtils.java:105)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.groundbattle.GBUtils.estimateTotalDefenderStrength(GBUtils.java:116)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.invasion.InvasionIntel.setMarineCount(InvasionIntel.java:203)
at exerelin.campaign.intel.invasion.InvasionIntel.init(InvasionIntel.java:122)
at exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionOrRaidFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:836)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.action.fleet.OffensiveFleetAction.generate(OffensiveFleetAction.java:47)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.BaseStrategicConcern.initAction(BaseStrategicConcern.java:262)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.BaseStrategicConcern.fireBestAction(BaseStrategicConcern.java:196)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.ExecutiveAIModule.actOnConcerns(ExecutiveAIModule.java:100)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.StrategicAI.update(StrategicAI.java:151)
at exerelin.campaign.ai.StrategicAI.advanceImpl(StrategicAI.java:133)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

Either there's a goofy typo hiding somewhere or I still just have this uncanny ability to have issues that straight up shouldn't exist lmao
Well this one is extra 'wrong' since the line numbers in the log don't match up with the actual .java file in v0.11.1. But they do work with 0.11.0b, where the error suggests the ground battle def file is incomplete or out of date (or failed to load correctly, but this should have resulted in a CTD on startup).
At this point I have to ask: You did download  Nexerelin_0.11.1.zip from the link(s) provided in this thread, the file being hosted on GitHub, correct? :-X

I used the download button on the first page of the thread, and that is the name of the file. I guess I could try getting it straight from Github.

edit: Downloaded fresh from Github, same thing. Gonna see if it still happens if I turn strategic AI back off.

edit 2: Still happened. Is it just that partial save incompatibility or something? This is happening in an existing save, haven't made a new one to see if that goes any different.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 09:26:40 AM by Lappers »

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: January 16, 2024, 11:55:19 AM »

I feel like Chanceledon is a bit of a cheat planet, where other LP/Pirate planets are less so.
They're typically unstable and don't have task force/ alliances to retaliate the player just taking the planet and gaining a ton of prebuilt architecture.

I know that major factions can be toggled to target LP/Pirate planets but I would like if there was a modifier to make it more difficult to just yoink these.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5765 on: January 16, 2024, 07:06:48 PM »

Quick post because I forgot to actually submit the one I wrote yesterday:

Getting a crash from upgrading/building heavy industry.
See this thread

edit 2: Still happened. Is it just that partial save incompatibility or something? This is happening in an existing save, haven't made a new one to see if that goes any different.
I can't say for sure it's not save incompatibility, but it seems unlikely to explain why out-of-date mod code is getting used.
Actually I'm vaguely suspecting that another mod containing Nex code while being loaded before it (having an 'earlier' name when sorted alphabetically by mod name). If you could provide a clean log (delete or clear the existing log file, then start up Starsector and do nothing except reproduce the crash) it might be possible to spot if this is happening.
(Testing if it happens with a minimal modlist would also be helpful)

I feel like Chanceledon is a bit of a cheat planet, where other LP/Pirate planets are less so.
They're typically unstable and don't have task force/ alliances to retaliate the player just taking the planet and gaining a ton of prebuilt architecture.

I know that major factions can be toggled to target LP/Pirate planets but I would like if there was a modifier to make it more difficult to just yoink these.
Hmm. Kinda just 'how it works' for now, but this also gives me thoughts of (someday?) implementing something that explains why nobody has just taken over the planet full of Pathers :thinking emoji:

RoboticManiac

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: January 16, 2024, 08:57:15 PM »

Is there a way to promote more wars when using the strategic ai? With one or two exceptions this is looking like woodstock.

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: January 16, 2024, 10:28:19 PM »

Three factions keep sending alliance requests, about every few minutes, and they won't stop no matter how much I reject. One of the factions even gets autorejected, too, but it still plays that annoying buzzer sound.  Any way to stop it?

Also, is there some way to station more marines on a planet?  If I had more marines, these invasions wouldn't be so bad, but putting marines in storage does nothing, and putting them in stockpile makes them disappear.

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: January 17, 2024, 01:33:50 AM »

I have been trying to find some form of more detailed docs on the features of the mods but I have failed so far. Something akin to what is done in Industrial Revolution perhaps. There is a short summary in the first post, but that's it. Any idea?

I've been experimenting with Strategic AI on, and the Hivers are in play. As usual, they're not very amicable and have no interest in diplomacy, conquering world after world. Yet, it seems the strategic AIs of the Hegemony and the Persean League don't recognize their unique threat. They do respond—don't get me wrong—but it's limited to countering market shares of heavy machinery or reclaiming lost worlds. They fail to grasp that the Hivers aren't a typical faction and represent an existential threat requiring special attention. So, here's my suggestion: if a faction shows hostility towards everyone (or 90%+ of the sector's other factions), a flag should be activated within the strategic AI, marking it for different treatment, perhaps an eradication mode or similar.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5769 on: January 18, 2024, 12:10:32 AM »

Three factions keep sending alliance requests, about every few minutes, and they won't stop no matter how much I reject. One of the factions even gets autorejected, too, but it still plays that annoying buzzer sound.  Any way to stop it?

Also, is there some way to station more marines on a planet?  If I had more marines, these invasions wouldn't be so bad, but putting marines in storage does nothing, and putting them in stockpile makes them disappear.
Hmm, they're supposed to not send any more offers for 120 days after the last one, and not at all if relations aren't already good enough. Is this with Nexerelin 0.11.1? Strategic AI on or off?

Anyway, here's a console runcode that ought to—unless stuff is more broken than I thought—suppress all offers indefinitely:
Code: java
runcode import exerelin.*;
for (FactionAPI faction : Global.getSector().getAllFactions()) {
faction.getMemoryWithoutUpdate().set("$nex_allianceOffer_cooldown", true);
}

For stronger planetary defenses, main thing is to add/upgrade the ground defenses/heavy batteries structures and increase stability. Player can't currently add marines to the garrison directly.

Is there a way to promote more wars when using the strategic ai? With one or two exceptions this is looking like woodstock.
Oh no it became smart enough to understand that war is not the solution

There probably isn't an easy config toggle to make factions fight more often (messing with strategicAIConfig.json will work but I don't think having to touch this is desirable), although relevant ingame player actions will still work. For future games, adding more factions (particularly aggressive ones like Legio or Adversary) might also help?

I have been trying to find some form of more detailed docs on the features of the mods but I have failed so far. Something akin to what is done in Industrial Revolution perhaps. There is a short summary in the first post, but that's it. Any idea?

I've been experimenting with Strategic AI on, and the Hivers are in play. As usual, they're not very amicable and have no interest in diplomacy, conquering world after world. Yet, it seems the strategic AIs of the Hegemony and the Persean League don't recognize their unique threat. They do respond—don't get me wrong—but it's limited to countering market shares of heavy machinery or reclaiming lost worlds. They fail to grasp that the Hivers aren't a typical faction and represent an existential threat requiring special attention. So, here's my suggestion: if a faction shows hostility towards everyone (or 90%+ of the sector's other factions), a flag should be activated within the strategic AI, marking it for different treatment, perhaps an eradication mode or similar.
A couple of the features have external documentation on the Github wiki here, although in other cases (ground battles perhaps being the most notable) I try to put all needed help ingame. I may add a page for strategic AI later; if anyone else has features they want to see there, that might happen too.

I could add some handling for Hiver-type factions, yeah.

lustfull

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: January 18, 2024, 08:22:37 AM »

Bug report: I was commissioned by MRC(armaa armatura) but they died. And now I can't take any commissions from any faction.

It also could be the fault of nexerilin so I a gone post on both

Chronia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: January 18, 2024, 09:51:17 AM »

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying the new Strategic AI! It seems to be working well for me, and it's cool to be able to see why the AIs are taking the actions that they are. Thanks for all the hard work on this!

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: January 19, 2024, 11:30:35 PM »

I got stuck at "File Drawer Problem" quest. I failed it once before because I assaulted Maeave but Midnight offer me the quest again so I took it and I don't have a dialogue option to ask for Liu at the Academy anymore. Can I have a code to reset it from the beginning or force complete this step?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5773 on: January 20, 2024, 05:02:57 AM »

Bug report: I was commissioned by MRC(armaa armatura) but they died. And now I can't take any commissions from any faction.

It also could be the fault of nexerilin so I a gone post on both
Do you still have the commission item in your intel screen? If not, what's the tooltip or message when you try to take a new commission? Or does the dialog option just not appear?

I got stuck at "File Drawer Problem" quest. I failed it once before because I assaulted Maeave but Midnight offer me the quest again so I took it and I don't have a dialogue option to ask for Liu at the Academy anymore. Can I have a code to reset it from the beginning or force complete this step?
Set to false or unset the $nex_remLostSci_askedAboutLiu memory flag on the Academy entity (can edit the save's campaign.xml for this, or write a console runcode if you know how)

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying the new Strategic AI! It seems to be working well for me, and it's cool to be able to see why the AIs are taking the actions that they are. Thanks for all the hard work on this!
Thanks! That's good to hear :D

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: January 20, 2024, 07:08:29 AM »

I'm dumbfounded. Or perhaps just dumb.  ::)

I have edited out the only lines relative to adding a Waystation in an outpost in your mod. And yet, one will be under creation once I plop one. I thought at first it was a caching issue, but even with a computer restart, the waystation will be there when I create an outpost.
I would really appreciate it if you could give me a solution to this? I have set up my game to be very demanding on exploration, and I would need outposts, just without waystations, the supply and fuel output is basically killing any challenge in exploring the (very large, very ruthless) Sector I parametrized.

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 401