Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Codex Overhaul (05/11/24)

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 402

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.2 "Concert of Persea" (update 2024-05-18)  (Read 3092935 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.96a] Nexerelin v0.11.0b "Dark Tower" (fixes 2023-06-17)
« Reply #5460 on: July 07, 2023, 09:31:01 PM »

Here (put in Nexerelin/jars)

(It's an issue specific to brawl mode, not sure why it happens but trivial to prevent at least?)

erminal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: July 07, 2023, 09:45:18 PM »

Legend, that worked.. where's your tip jar, I'll buy you a beer

Animastryfe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: July 08, 2023, 01:12:08 AM »

Hi, I am using the previous version of this mod, and crashing due to this bug that is fixed in the current version:

* Remove autofit goal variant for boss ship that would crash the game if used (may not apply to existing saves)

I want to continue with my current save, so I do not want to update Nexerelin just yet. What part of the autofit is causing the game to crash? I like the autofit as a whole, so I want to minimally change the loadout.

EDIT: Nevermind, I manually did the loadout and sidestepped the bug.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 02:29:37 PM by Animastryfe »

spatial

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: July 08, 2023, 12:49:42 PM »

I think I might be missing something about how the Remnant mission chain works. So far, I:

- Retrieved the two beta cores.

- Investigated a ship, examined its contents, and got a handful of Omega ships to fly in and help me fight off a fleet of ships.

- Had a conversation about whether the Remnant contact is an Alpha or Beta core.

- Reached 100 reputation with both the Remnant contact and the Remnants as a faction.

- Encountered a small group of Omega ships after discovering a Hypershunt, and fought them off. (I later powered up the hypershunt, the Remnant contact didn't mention either of these).

The logs indicate that there's a final mission with a boss ship. Is there something special I need to do to access it? I'm only running Nexerelin and its prerequisite mods.
Quote from: Histidine
You need to do the third mission "Showdown" (involves defending a Remnant Nexus from a whole lot of fleets) to get the fourth mission with the boss. That mission should already have become visible and highlighted at Friendly relations, so I'm guessing the spawn conditions aren't being met (perhaps no Hegemony markets left, or no Remnant nexuses).

My system didnt spawn with any remnants, and i have built a few for Diss, but im assuming those broken ones dont count. Any way to spawn in a new remnant nexus?

spatial

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: July 08, 2023, 01:01:35 PM »

I think I might be missing something about how the Remnant mission chain works. So far, I:

- Retrieved the two beta cores.

- Investigated a ship, examined its contents, and got a handful of Omega ships to fly in and help me fight off a fleet of ships.

- Had a conversation about whether the Remnant contact is an Alpha or Beta core.

- Reached 100 reputation with both the Remnant contact and the Remnants as a faction.

- Encountered a small group of Omega ships after discovering a Hypershunt, and fought them off. (I later powered up the hypershunt, the Remnant contact didn't mention either of these).

The logs indicate that there's a final mission with a boss ship. Is there something special I need to do to access it? I'm only running Nexerelin and its prerequisite mods.
Quote from: Histidine
You need to do the third mission "Showdown" (involves defending a Remnant Nexus from a whole lot of fleets) to get the fourth mission with the boss. That mission should already have become visible and highlighted at Friendly relations, so I'm guessing the spawn conditions aren't being met (perhaps no Hegemony markets left, or no Remnant nexuses).

My system didnt spawn with any remnants, and i have built a few for Diss, but im assuming those broken ones dont count. Any way to spawn in a new remnant nexus?

EDIT: I found a way to spawn one through some forum digging. Still dont appear to be getting the third quest.

Noopy757

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: July 08, 2023, 06:29:06 PM »

Randomized core worlds gives pretty substantial lag compared to default and the start of the game. Will that go away eventually?

Marco_Paulo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: July 09, 2023, 12:10:35 PM »

May have noticed something strange. Not sure if it's Nex or vanilla.

While doing the missions, I saved the loadout for the Dominator used in Dire Straits, as "Anti-Carrier Variant". While that variant doesn't show up in the in-game autofit screen, it's been showing up in Hegemony fleets. It's very specialized, and kitted out for the player personally, so it doesn't do very well, but it's interesting that a custom design that wasn't even added to the game proper is showing up in AI fleets.

spatial

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: July 09, 2023, 03:50:56 PM »

Decided to make a new save for a few reasons, not excluding my inability to progress to the third mission. I now have 100 rep with midnight, 65 with remnants, hedge is alive and well in my save, and i even went into a red warning system to ensure that a remnant station was there, which it was. Still, no third mission. I completed the first and second ones over a year ago in my game. No idea why i cant get this third one to start. Any help?

EDIT: Turns out, as expected, i was just an idiot. The issue with my previous save still stands, but im not worried about it now. Apologies.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 04:44:26 PM by spatial »

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: July 10, 2023, 02:55:32 AM »

Is it just me or are factions WAAAYYY more invasion happy in the latest version? feels like there's 3-5 every month. am i just paying more attention or did the rate get increased? if so, what would be the setting to adjust down?

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: July 10, 2023, 07:16:13 AM »

So, out of curiosity - I can make fleets out of personally selected ships, neat. Can I make these task groups do things like mining, exploring, et cetera, or are they solely military?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5470 on: July 10, 2023, 06:10:08 PM »

Randomized core worlds gives pretty substantial lag compared to default and the start of the game. Will that go away eventually?
Until someone (possibly but not likely me) runs a profiler to figure out where the extra load is coming from, no :-X

May have noticed something strange. Not sure if it's Nex or vanilla.

While doing the missions, I saved the loadout for the Dominator used in Dire Straits, as "Anti-Carrier Variant". While that variant doesn't show up in the in-game autofit screen, it's been showing up in Hegemony fleets. It's very specialized, and kitted out for the player personally, so it doesn't do very well, but it's interesting that a custom design that wasn't even added to the game proper is showing up in AI fleets.
Sounds vanilla!

Is it just me or are factions WAAAYYY more invasion happy in the latest version? feels like there's 3-5 every month. am i just paying more attention or did the rate get increased? if so, what would be the setting to adjust down?
Nothing should have changed there with strategic AI off, and with it on they should be less frequent if anything.

If you have LunaLib, compare the invasion point figures to the ones in the config file on the off chance some of them aren't being read correctly. Else, maybe I should add a player-facing intel item that shows how the invasion points are changing to check these.

So, out of curiosity - I can make fleets out of personally selected ships, neat. Can I make these task groups do things like mining, exploring, et cetera, or are they solely military?
Military only

Legend, that worked.. where's your tip jar, I'll buy you a beer
Hmm, not taking tips right now, but maybe I should set up a Ko-fi sometime!

Heretic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: July 11, 2023, 05:41:34 AM »

Hi this may be a stupid question but is there any further way to join a faction past a commission, as in becoming part of that faction. If there is, how do I join the faction.

Basically, I want to join the faction (if it is possible) so that when I create a colony on a planet, it becomes part of the faction and not that I need to make a faction myself.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 05:44:41 AM by Heretic »

Sts678

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: July 12, 2023, 06:49:18 AM »

Maybe I met a bug. In a random sector, the Kanta's Den was attacked even though I have turned off the pirate invasion (Retake is allowed).

justnewaccount3131

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: July 12, 2023, 10:58:27 AM »

I seem to have a weird bug:

if there is a system-wide bounty to kill "pirates" in a system clearly plagued by ordinary pirates - sometimes to the extent of having 5 or more pirate fleets clogging up the jump points, I get zero money or reputation increases from the faction when killing normal pirates.
it seemed to work early in game when I did a bounty for one of the core factions. but twice now, one time Mayasuran Navy and another Diable avionics, I get no rewards.

first time I encountered this, I just assumed they were somehow in league with pirates even though the INTEL panel showed nothing, but even then it seemed the pirates were harassing trade and putting the colonies in that system in trouble. but I did not stick around to watch too much

this time, the pirates attacked a neutral scavenger fleet that had just concluded trade on the colony. and the supposed "enemy" factions were nowhere to be seen, but the colony had insane prices for many items - meaning they were clearly suffering from the blockade.

the pirates do *not* show as official enemies in the INTEL faction info. but they should still yield bounties, if they're the ones blockading the colony.

it is either a bug in how factions determine who is messing with them, even in a case where there are swarms of pirate fleets in shouting distance from the station.
the pirates never attacked the station directly, but that could have been because it's a faction capital with two or three massive fleets protecting it.

the whole situation is weird and counterintuitive.

it could also be a bug in how the player gets rewarded -- maybe the base game implicitely rewards bounties, and nex does it based on hostility, but did not implement that pirates are kinda always hostiles, also implicitely unless they're allied or something?

the whole thing seems so weird.

one thing is for sure: the scavenger fleet that the pirates bounced on seemed to come from the colony. or was in system and tried to leave. and the colony is not even half a screen from the jump point. if the scavengers were hostile to the colony, the massive faction fleets would have just killed them.

there was a tiny neutral fleet of just a few ships also trying to leave and the pirates attacked that too

-------------
I watched a bit more and one of the diable fleets went through the jump portal and seemed to guard the entrance. the pirates there did not engage it, and vice versa. the system fleet would be too big for pirates to attack. it seemed the pirates had faster ships on average, so maybe the system fleet could not catch them? but it did not even try to boost.

the impression I got was that they were allies. but then the system would be fine and not under extreme prices with clear massive oversupply of many goods, meaning no trade ships would come in due to the pirate blockade

----------------------------

edit: Diable just posted a bounty for the pirate base blockading their system
(was afk a lot, so not long ingame after this post)

that proves there is an issue with the game managing bounty rewards and maybe even how system fleets deal with pirates in some edge cases
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 02:33:00 AM by justnewaccount3131 »

Marco_Paulo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: July 12, 2023, 01:11:34 PM »

Found a small bug in random sector - the Hamatsu still spawns, but a nullpointerexception fires when the player meets it.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 402