Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Codex Overhaul (05/11/24)

Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 401

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.2 "Concert of Persea" (update 2024-05-18)  (Read 3081650 times)

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.6d "Lords of War" (fixes 2023-02-12)
« Reply #5145 on: March 02, 2023, 02:16:23 PM »

??? Does anyone else have this bug:

When you start a new game and choose 'Free Start' you get the independent options, back out and choose one of the factions, back out of them and go back to 'Free Start' and the Independent option will have been overridden by the last faction you picked and if you start from there you'll be commissioned with them as if you hadn't used 'Free Start'.

:-\

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5146 on: March 02, 2023, 05:29:58 PM »

Is there any way to NOT spawn in a faction but keep their blueprints when starting a game in regular/non-random mode? Say I want to start my own faction with exclusive access to those mod's ships/guns, is that possible in the current version?
You can enable the mod after the game has already started, most factions won't generate their planets/stations in this case. However, this also means their ships won't appear as pre-generated derelicts, and I dunno what happens with salvage from stations and such. (Well, you could just add their items and blueprints with console if so desired)
i may be wrong but i think they where asking if you start as your own faction is there a way to start with say uaf ships instead of just the independent ships
Oh, hmm.
Well, own faction start (with the planet) lets you pick some blueprints to start with, and mod factions may make some of their blueprints available in this way, but that requires having the faction enabled. If you don't want the faction to appear, the same method applies: start without the faction, add it, and console in the stuff you want.

Hello, ive played this game for years and this is the first time ive ever posted on the forum so is a bit sad that its because of a bug, maybe.
Im running a few mods and the previous version of Nex is one of them(dont want to start a new game just yet).
The issue is, that after running the game for a while(cycle 223) it seems that factions stop "seeing" each other in the faction screen and no longer have any interactions.
Is there anyway to fix this without starting a new game?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Many thanks in advance!
Can you post a screenshot (of the faction screen in intel, and anything else that might be useful to see)?
If it's what I think it is, that really shouldn't happen and I can't imagine what might cause such a thing. It might be possible for me to tell more with a copy of the save, assuming it doesn't have too many mods (50 or fewer would be good).

So this may be dumb but I cant seem to find the enablebrawlmode line of code in the config file.

And I have the latest version. Is this a line I have to add myself, and if so, what is the full line so it doesnt cause my game to crash
nex_brawlMode in Nexerelin/data/config/settings.json

??? Does anyone else have this bug:

When you start a new game and choose 'Free Start' you get the independent options, back out and choose one of the factions, back out of them and go back to 'Free Start' and the Independent option will have been overridden by the last faction you picked and if you start from there you'll be commissioned with them as if you hadn't used 'Free Start'.
Looks like a bug I introduced in 0.10.6c when trying to fix the custom ships list 'sticking' after changing factions. So I kinda actually made the bug worse. :-X
Thanks, will fix.

REDNOVASUN

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: March 02, 2023, 09:58:48 PM »

Hello, ive played this game for years and this is the first time ive ever posted on the forum so is a bit sad that its because of a bug, maybe.
Im running a few mods and the previous version of Nex is one of them(dont want to start a new game just yet).
The issue is, that after running the game for a while(cycle 223) it seems that factions stop "seeing" each other in the faction screen and no longer have any interactions.
Is there anyway to fix this without starting a new game?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Many thanks in advance!
Can you post a screenshot (of the faction screen in intel, and anything else that might be useful to see)?
If it's what I think it is, that really shouldn't happen and I can't imagine what might cause such a thing. It might be possible for me to tell more with a copy of the save, assuming it doesn't have too many mods (50 or fewer would be good).

Hi again, please see attached image.
And where could i send you a save file? I am only running 11 mods i believe.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 10:00:28 PM by REDNOVASUN »

pipai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: March 02, 2023, 11:30:39 PM »

My save broke. Not sure exactly what caused it - but I for the first time talked to an AIM Representative, and I was also doing the vanilla Galatian Academy Gargoyle quest, and the error logs seem related.

EDIT: I fixed the load error by completely removing all the <exerelin.campaign.intel.merc.MercContractIntel> nodes in my save file manually.

Loads cause the following error to show up:

21394 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Failed calling method
---- Debugging information ----
message             : Failed calling method
cause-exception     : java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
cause-message       : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Faction.getSpec()Lcom/fs/starfarer/loading/J;
method              : exerelin.campaign.intel.merc.MercContractIntel.readResolve()
class               : exerelin.campaign.intel.merc.MercContractIntel
required-type       : exerelin.campaign.intel.merc.MercContractIntel
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
line number         : 181386
class[1]            : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[2]            : java.util.LinkedHashMap
converter-type[2]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter
class[3]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.Memory
class[4]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market
class[5]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignPlanet
class[6]            : com.fs.util.container.repo.ObjectRepository
class[7]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem
class[8]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity
class[9]            : java.util.HashMap
class[10]           : indevo.utils.trails.MagicCampaignTrailPlugin
class[11]           : indevo.utils.trails.MagicCustomCampaignTrailEntityScript
class[12]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CircularOrbit
class[13]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CircularOrbitWithSpin
class[14]           : com.fs.starfarer.rpg.Person
class[15]           : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.hub.BaseHubMission$ImportanceData
class[16]           : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.hub.BaseHubMission$StageData
class[17]           : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.academy.GAKallichore
class[18]           : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.hub.MissionFleetAutoDespawn
class[19]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet
class[20]           : exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesIntel
class[21]           : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager$RouteData
class[22]           : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager
class[23]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.HostileInSharedSystemConcern
class[24]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.MilitaryAIModule
class[25]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.StrategicAI
class[26]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Faction
class[27]           : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.procgen.Constellation
class[28]           : exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager
class[29]           : java.util.LinkedHashSet
class[30]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.DevelopRelationsConcern
class[31]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.DiplomaticAIModule
class[32]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Submarket
class[33]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.PowerfulUnfriendlyConcern
class[34]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.VulnerableFactionConcern
class[33]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.PowerfulUnfriendlyConcern
class[34]           : exerelin.campaign.ai.concern.VulnerableFactionConcern
class[35]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomy
class[36]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper
class[37]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy
class[38]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem$UpdateFromHyperspaceLocation
class[39]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation$LocationToken
class[40]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace
class[41]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[3]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.I
version             : not available
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 11:36:59 PM by pipai »

rarewhalerw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: March 03, 2023, 10:10:31 AM »

how to stop Diplomacy and make all factions stay hostile to each other?( i had 322 diplomacy and its lagging my game. )

rarewhalerw

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: March 03, 2023, 10:25:16 AM »

how to stop Diplomacy and make all factions stay hostile to each other?( i had 322 diplomacy and its lagging my game. )
i found the issue

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: March 04, 2023, 02:42:41 PM »

Are the high experience gains from colonies intended? Im maxing out at level 40 at around cycle 212 or earlier with colony income of 500k.
It feels as if colony exp needs a hard cap, since due to IndEvo Im getting almost 2.000k income per month now and no matter the scaling it willl cause the player to max out in levels very fast.
to be done some day... XD

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5152 on: March 04, 2023, 06:11:25 PM »

Hi again, please see attached image.
And where could i send you a save file? I am only running 11 mods i believe.
Hmm, that's not what I expected from 'stop "seeing" each other', I thought the factions had all become neutral to each other or something. Could you explain what you meant?

As for the save, uploading it someplace like Dropbox or Google Drive and sharing the link would be easiest.

Are the high experience gains from colonies intended? Im maxing out at level 40 at around cycle 212 or earlier with colony income of 500k.
It feels as if colony exp needs a hard cap, since due to IndEvo Im getting almost 2.000k income per month now and no matter the scaling it willl cause the player to max out in levels very fast.
Hmm, is this with Fast or Standard version of A New Level?
Although the current settings honestly aren't balanced for colony income in the millions, in any case. I could cap the margin for the XP calc at 200% or such, I guess.

My save broke. Not sure exactly what caused it - but I for the first time talked to an AIM Representative, and I was also doing the vanilla Galatian Academy Gargoyle quest, and the error logs seem related.

EDIT: I fixed the load error by completely removing all the <exerelin.campaign.intel.merc.MercContractIntel> nodes in my save file manually.
Well that's an odd one. Just to quickly check: You're on Starsector 0.95.1a and haven't modified the game's core .jar files, I suppose? (Or are you running on Mac?)

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: March 05, 2023, 04:25:06 AM »

Although the current settings honestly aren't balanced for colony income in the millions, in any case. I could cap the margin for the XP calc at 200% or such, I guess.
Its the Standard version of A New Level. So I got those 64 million exp pretty quickly.
Those 200% are of what? I tried to find the code that controls exp, but had no luck.

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: March 05, 2023, 06:30:30 AM »

Hi Histidine,
is there a way to disable or change the randomly generated missions(exploration,scanning,bar) and bounties you get from a faction?
Question came up because Dazs from the Hiver mod and the insects that are supposed to be hostile to all are giving missions.

pipai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: March 06, 2023, 12:26:39 AM »

Well that's an odd one. Just to quickly check: You're on Starsector 0.95.1a and haven't modified the game's core .jar files, I suppose? (Or are you running on Mac?)

I'm on Starsector 0.95.1a, running on Arch Linux. I did use JRE8 from discord, but a swap back to JRE7 still ended up the same. Also I've confirmed talking to the AIM Representative causes the problem, I'm guessing that triggers it to generate the data.

I started a new save with only Nexerelin and its dependencies, loading this file causes the bug. Save file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1faAC11SOyweXp-SJi_ERERbyBeu_KGSk/view?usp=sharing

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5156 on: March 06, 2023, 05:03:21 PM »

Its the Standard version of A New Level. So I got those 64 million exp pretty quickly.
Those 200% are of what? I tried to find the code that controls exp, but had no luck.
200% profit margin (so 3 times as much colony income as profit). Currently there's no cap in the code, so you can't change it.

For now, the best user-side fix is to change nex_xpPerProfitMargin in Nex's data/config/settings.json. Or give highly profitable colonies to an admin or AI core.

Hi Histidine,
is there a way to disable or change the randomly generated missions(exploration,scanning,bar) and bounties you get from a faction?
Question came up because Dazs from the Hiver mod and the insects that are supposed to be hostile to all are giving missions.
There isn't a (good) way to block a faction from survey planet or scan entity missions (see here).

To stop a faction from generating intel screen bounties, just don't add it to the list of participating factions (i.e. don't call SharedData.getData().getPersonBountyEventData().addParticipatingFaction("myFactionId");)

For bar missions, the fastest expedient is probably to just disable the bar outright. In rules.csv, have a rule with a PopulateOptions trigger that disables the marketVisitBar option when on a Hiver market.

I'm on Starsector 0.95.1a, running on Arch Linux. I did use JRE8 from discord, but a swap back to JRE7 still ended up the same. Also I've confirmed talking to the AIM Representative causes the problem, I'm guessing that triggers it to generate the data.

I started a new save with only Nexerelin and its dependencies, loading this file causes the bug. Save file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1faAC11SOyweXp-SJi_ERERbyBeu_KGSk/view?usp=sharing
Thanks! Might need to boot up Kubuntu again and see if I can repro/fix the issue...

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: March 07, 2023, 03:54:11 AM »

Hi Histidine,
There isn't a (good) way to block a faction from survey planet or scan entity missions (see here).

To stop a faction from generating intel screen bounties, just don't add it to the list of participating factions (i.e. don't call SharedData.getData().getPersonBountyEventData().addParticipatingFaction("myFactionId");)

For bar missions, the fastest expedient is probably to just disable the bar outright. In rules.csv, have a rule with a PopulateOptions trigger that disables the marketVisitBar option when on a Hiver market.
Hi Histidine, mllhild brought the question for you regarding Hiver Swarm to my attention. I believe what he would like is to not receive missions given by the Hiver faction or even better have them not give them in the first place. The issue is I have them set as a regular NEX faction so they can colonize and invade but I do not have them by default to be playable by the player. So the AI uses the base NEX code and issues bounties and sometimes in the bar event it is made a target of trade missions which are not completable because they are vengeful to everyone. I have tried on my end in the past as it has come up before but was unable to figure a way.

I do not believe I have any code in Hiver that adds them to PersonBountyEventData so I do not think it is that. As to your second suggestion, I do not think the issue is disabling the bar in Hiver Markets because no one can dock on their stations or planets unless the player uses the optional file that makes them a playable faction in which case they would want bar missions in Hiver markets.

Bit of a sour pickle I am afraid and any advice you could give I would truly appreciate.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #5158 on: March 08, 2023, 01:55:09 AM »

Bounties are mostly vanilla (with some mods like Vayra's Sector and Bounties Expanded replacing the bounty system), Nex largely doesn't touch them.

Well, which bounties are Hivers offering exactly?
- For the vanilla person bounties: If you don't have the PersonBountyEventData call then I dunno what's happening and can't help you, unfortunately.
- [EDIT] For system bounties, you may need to set postsNoBounties in the .faction file's custom data; see vanilla pirates.faction or luddic_path.faction for an example.
- For sector-wide bounties issued by a faction, they already shouldn't appear for non-playable factions, although this may not be working as intended. You can also make them go away by marking Hivers as a pirate faction in their Nex config, but this has other effects. Next version I'll check if the faction is participating in bounties based on the PersonBountyEventData.

To avoid being a target of trade missions (and some other mission types), I think you need to call market.setInvalidMissionTarget(true); on all the faction's markets. Nex has a faction config setting for automating this, although I don't think it applies to existing saves (until the markets change ownership); set noMissionTarget to true.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 01:57:53 AM by Histidine »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: March 09, 2023, 05:48:42 AM »

To avoid being a target of trade missions (and some other mission types), I think you need to call market.setInvalidMissionTarget(true); on all the faction's markets. Nex has a faction config setting for automating this, although I don't think it applies to existing saves (until the markets change ownership); set noMissionTarget to true.
Hello again Histidine thank you for the reply. I already have noMissionTarget to true in their current config. However they still show up as a target for trade missions and today I received a message from a player who said they were doing the red planet missions that the 2nd guy you have to talk to after the old spacer with the malfunction cyber eyes was on a Hiver world. I did find the line, market.setInvalidMissionTarget(true) on the SS API website so it *should* effect vanilla missions but there are so many files that effect a faction's market I am unsure where that would go in the market creation process.

Since it is a Vanilla issue and not a NEX thing I'll post a query on the misc mod questions thread. Sorry to bother you with an issue that is not yours and thank you for taking the time to steer me in the correct direction.
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 401